Jacksons Indecision
rename
Aug 4 2010, 10:59 PM
GMC:er
Hello there GMCers
well as you alredy saw the topic I have to show my big indecision betewn two jacksons the jackson KE3 and the DK2, I just cant stop loking at the ke3 body expecialy the Crimson Swirl red I just love it! and on the DK2S the fact that have a singlecoil pickup and the sustaniac calls alot of atention, so as you can see I realy cant decide from the 2 of them, btw my play style can change from metal to clean, more to metal tongue.gif

for more specs info
DK2S - http://www.thomann.de/pt/jackson_dk2s_bk_wcase.htm
KE3 - http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/Jackson...-GIT0013276-000

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rename: Aug 6 2010, 12:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Digimortal
Aug 5 2010, 12:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I would definitly go for the DK2S transparent black, will be a more versatile instrument and transparent blacks
look soooo nice, pics like in the link you posted really dont do it justice you have to see it for yourself.

this pic shows it a little better : http://re.foto.radikal.ru/0710/96/706417f0f148.jpg

btw you linked to a DK2T which has tuneomatic and no sustainer, dont buy the wrong one wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Digimortal: Aug 5 2010, 12:43 AM

--------------------
Guitars : Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK6, Charvel model 2, Hamer slammer, Ibanez RG 7string, Ibanez soundgear 6string bass, Fender strat, LTD MH1000, Jackson Adrian Smith SDX, Taylor acoustic

Amp : Line6 spider 75 watt

FX : Maxon OD9, BBE sonicstomp, Boss CS3/NS2/TU2/DD5

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 5 2010, 12:49 AM
Learning Tone Master
It really comes down to preferance of color and body type... wood, hardware and construction are almost identical (aside from the sutainiac - which is a nice little thing to fool arrund with but I guess you'll hardly ever use it in a musical context^^)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Aug 5 2010, 01:20 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I would try playing that KE3 if at all possible. Depending on if you play sitting or standing. Sitting with the KE3 looks like it could be tough!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
rename
Aug 5 2010, 03:38 AM
QUOTE (Digimortal @ Aug 5 2010, 12:42 AM) *
I would definitly go for the DK2S transparent black, will be a more versatile instrument and transparent blacks
look soooo nice, pics like in the link you posted really dont do it justice you have to see it for yourself.

this pic shows it a little better : http://re.foto.radikal.ru/0710/96/706417f0f148.jpg

btw you linked to a DK2T which has tuneomatic and no sustainer, dont buy the wrong one wink.gif

oh how did I miss that ty ^^

QUOTE (Praetorian @ Aug 5 2010, 01:20 AM) *
I would try playing that KE3 if at all possible. Depending on if you play sitting or standing. Sitting with the KE3 looks like it could be tough!

yes it will be to play standing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 7 2010, 12:43 AM
Make sure you play both guitars through a setup roughly similar to what you have at home before you buy. NEVER buy a guitar on looks alone. If you can't play a guitar before you buy it, WAIT to buy it until you can. Once you play both, the answer will probably become more clear to you.

Todd

+Quote Post
rename
Aug 8 2010, 06:12 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 7 2010, 12:43 AM) *
Make sure you play both guitars through a setup roughly similar to what you have at home before you buy. NEVER buy a guitar on looks alone. If you can't play a guitar before you buy it, WAIT to buy it until you can. Once you play both, the answer will probably become more clear to you.

Todd

whish I could do that... I'm planning to buy them at thomann.de and there is no way for me to try them my self

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 9 2010, 03:50 PM
Instructor
I would suggest you definitely tryout both guitars before you buy. You might like one over another over a simplest of detail. Remember, you will spend a lot of time with this guitar. I like the KE3 for gigs and showing off, it looks cool, the other one looks good and comfortable for recordings and practice.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:21 PM