4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
The 100 Greatest Guitarists Of All Time, The most idiotic list I've ever seen
Nighthawk1
Apr 27 2008, 01:21 PM
GMC:er
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/593...sts_of_all_time

Hi there GMC,
maybe some of you know that the famous rollingstone magazine likes to create a ranking list of the best guitarist of all time. Well, It really drives me mad because alone the idea of ranking guitarist is just absolutely senseless. So let alone that some guitarist are rated top (where you think What is Kurt doing up here) and some low (What is Eddie doing down there?) some great guitarists are not even listed! So what is the criterion for that list ??Do you also think that it is just absolute nonsense to create such a list ?
Like to read your comments...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Apr 27 2008, 07:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Apr 27 2008, 01:30 PM
Instructor
Absolute nonsense imo....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Apr 27 2008, 01:32 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Apr 27 2008, 02:30 PM) *
Absolute nonsense imo....

imo...?What do you mean ?

+Quote Post
Canis
Apr 27 2008, 01:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
You're right. That looks more like a "100 most influencible(?) guitarists" ... Not even that! Jack White is up on #17, while Mark Knopller is all the way down on #27? Since when is Jack White a better guitarist then him?
Slash and Eric Johnson isn't even on the list...

This post has been edited by Canis: Apr 27 2008, 01:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Apr 27 2008, 01:41 PM
QUOTE (Canis @ Apr 27 2008, 02:35 PM) *
You're right. That looks more like a "100 most influencible(?) guitarists" ... Not even that! Jack White is up on #17, while Mark Knopller is all the way down on #27? Since when is Jack White a better guitarist then him?
Slash and Eric Johnson isn't even on the list...

Yeah, it all doesn't make sense. Still looking for Yngwie.... dry.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 27 2008, 01:43 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Apr 27 2008, 01:32 PM) *
imo...?What do you mean ?

imo means In My Opinion.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Apr 27 2008, 01:44 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Apr 27 2008, 02:43 PM) *
imo means In My Opinion.

ah ok..I see...wasn't familiar with this abbreviation

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 27 2008, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Apr 27 2008, 01:44 PM) *
ah ok..I see...wasn't familiar with this abbreviation

It's ok. You may also see imho which means In My Honest Opinion.

I think some cool names appear on that list that don't get so much credit like Kim Thayll but on the whole the list is silly. Kurt Cobain would have been laughing as even he admitted he was far from the best guitarist biggrin.gif He was an amazing songwriter I think though.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Apr 27 2008, 01:56 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Apr 27 2008, 02:47 PM) *
It's ok. You may also see imho which means In My Honest Opinion.

I think some cool names appear on that list that don't get so much credit like Kim Thayll but on the whole the list is silly. Kurt Cobain would have been laughing as even he admitted he was far from the best guitarist biggrin.gif He was an amazing songwriter I think though.

Yeah, for sure he was...(R.I.P)...who's Kim Thayll...let's have a look... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SamJ
Apr 27 2008, 02:03 PM
Where's Steve Vai and Joe Satriani? huh.gif ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Apr 27 2008, 02:18 PM
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Apr 27 2008, 03:03 PM) *
Where's Steve Vai and Joe Satriani? huh.gif ohmy.gif

Are you kidding? Those guys are naturally NOT GOOD ENOUGH to get on that list tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 27 2008, 02:19 PM
Singing Instructor
The only explenation that I see is that people voted,and the reason for there vote was not speed or some thing elese,but the love that they haw to the band or the artist...

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Apr 27 2008, 02:21 PM
Yes, but even if this list was created by votings...it's a strange result... huh.gif

+Quote Post
Canis
Apr 27 2008, 02:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
It's impossible to have a "correct" list like that. There are 6 billion people on the planet, and with that comes 6 billion diffrent tastes of music. So one persons image of a "perfect list" is not anothers wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Apr 27 2008, 02:43 PM
Indeed, and that's the reason why you shouldn't create such a list in the first place..

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Apr 27 2008, 02:47 PM
Instructor
Bleahh mad.gif Shame on this list.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 27 2008, 02:54 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Apr 27 2008, 01:56 PM) *
Yeah, for sure he was...(R.I.P)...who's Kim Thayll...let's have a look... biggrin.gif

He is the guitarist for Soundgarden.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 27 2008, 03:08 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
No disrespect to Hendrix, But im so sick and tired and him just being put up in those lists at number #1, It comes out of habit it seems, like the only way to have a list if is Hendrix is number 1.

Then again this list is rather pathetic,

Iommi #86....... Thats just sad.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 27 2008, 03:11 PM
Having Iommi in a top 100 guitarist list is laughable.

Another influential great riff writer but anybody can play the stuff.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Apr 27 2008, 03:11 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Canis
Apr 27 2008, 03:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Maybe they made the list saying: "These guys did it first"

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:19 AM