Playing On Left Knee Sitting, Santiago?, Anyone
fkalich
Apr 28 2010, 02:18 AM
GMC:er
Well way back when Pavel said that a person should play like that, at least part of the time. Santiago does when sitting down, I think in all of his videos. Aside, I see he was born in 1979. Which makes me feel better, because I thought he was younger than that, much younger (since he is over 30, he won't be insulted by that I doubt). I feel better that at least a guy who can play that fast is over 30.

But back to the issue at hand. I have a few guitars that I never felt comfortable playing while sitting, a Gibson SG and Firebird. I discovered they are quite comfortable if I play it in the fashion Santiago plays his. But then going back to my Les Paul, I got to thinking that maybe I will start to even play the Les Paul at least some of the time on my left knee. With left foot elevated about 6 inches or so by some support.

Any thoughts on playing on your right knee when sitting? There has to be a reason that some really recommend this. I am thinking it maybe helps with finger independence and dexterity. And maybe also focus and concentration.

Any thoughts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 28 2010, 02:23 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:57 AM