Seeking Recommendation - Digitech Gnx4, Gnx3000, Or...?, Guitar effects processor and multi-track
MattG
Apr 25 2008, 05:29 PM
GMC:er
Hi,
I'm in the market for a new guitar effects processor and am trying to find the best thing I can get without breaking the bank. It will be for both live use and recording.

I obviously want something with good sound quality and selection of effects, as well as a built-in drum machine with good sounds, MIDI capability, a USB port, and possibly a phrase trainer. Onboard multi-track recording would be a BIG plus. Right now I'm considering the GNX4 and the GNX3000 from DigiTech, as well as Korg's PX5D Pandora.

Is the GNX4 worth an extra $200 over the 3000? What can it do that the 3000 can't? From what I understand, the 3000 doesn't have an onboard multi-track recorder.

Does anyone have any experience with the GNX4?

Anything else I ought to consider?

Many thanks for any recommendations!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RGR420EX-RAR, Ovation Celebrity CT-057 acoustic/electric, Alvarez AC-40C classical guitar

Gear: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35, Digitech RP-6 digital effects processor

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 25 2008, 05:43 PM
Hey man, I own the GNX4 myself and I think it is a pretty good piece of equiptment. If you have any questions regarding it feel free to ask bro. Or you can PM me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 25 2008, 07:19 PM
Instructor
GNX4 working very nice

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 25 2008, 07:24 PM
Instructor
I think GNX4 is worth the 200$ more. It's loaded with all sorts of great features.
I've never tried one myself, but i've read a few reviews (from different sites and sources) and they are all mostly positive.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 25 2008, 08:19 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Mind that the GNX4 went out of production. At least that's what I learned when I was on the look for one.

Both the GNX4 and the 3000 has the same audio chip but the 3000 has a newer amp and fx modeler.
The GNX4 can do the things you mentioned, like on board sequencer and drummer that the 3000 lacks.

+Quote Post
MattG
Apr 26 2008, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the additional input, guys!

If the GNX4 has been discontinued, does anybody know if they're replacing it with something else?

By the way, here's a link to a chart comparing the GNX3, GNX4, and GNX3000: DigiTech GNX Series: Comparison chart

MattG

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RGR420EX-RAR, Ovation Celebrity CT-057 acoustic/electric, Alvarez AC-40C classical guitar

Gear: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35, Digitech RP-6 digital effects processor

+Quote Post
Mike Seddon
May 6 2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the comparison chart.

I'm looking at GNX3 but also Boss GT8 or maybe a POD! Oh dear - so many to choose from..

+Quote Post
iainsteward
May 7 2008, 02:37 AM
If you can afford it, go for either the Pod XT or the GT8, the GT10 is good but not worth the extra money over the GT8 in my opinion. You mentioned however, that you want to use it for recording....so I will throw something in the mix, the Zoom G9.2tt, it comes free with Cubase SX. The only downside to the Zoom pedal is that its used by French Limpet MattRach.......do you really want to play the same pedal as a gimp with an afro?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:53 PM