Do you like Techno?
Yes [ 8 ] ** [34.78%]
No [ 15 ] ** [65.22%]
Total Votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
FretDancer69
Dec 12 2007, 04:31 AM
GMC:er
Yeah, title says it tongue.gif Do you like techno? I find it kinda cool and funny, some really interesting sounds you can find, but songs get boring after a while tongue.gif

What do you think? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
SLASH91
Dec 12 2007, 04:42 AM
Not really....it just gets completely boring after 3 seconds to me tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 12 2007, 04:43 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Dec 11 2007, 07:42 PM) *

Same here, bores the hell outta me, such a lack of variety,

+Quote Post
golfrocker
Dec 12 2007, 04:57 AM
i think you have to be on Exctacy for it to be halfway decent. Unless you get the rare song with the guy yelling MORTAL COMBAT!!! throughout the song.

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Dec 12 2007, 06:29 AM
I love a lot of House, Trance, Techno and I produce a lot of it in my bedroom. Plan on buying a DJ set in the near future, for a way to bring in some extra cash. It's awesome, GREAT way to take a break from guitar and guitar-related music.
It's also a really good way to come up with great sounding melodies...and clubs are fun biggrin.gif
Blows Rap and RnB comepletely outta the water wink.gif

This post has been edited by Paul Coutts: Dec 12 2007, 06:31 AM

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 12 2007, 08:37 AM
Instructor
well... that's my confusing answer: I like it but I don't like usual techno compositions tongue.gif
I'm a bit bored when I listen 8 minutes the same backing... but the techno sounds are great so I like them biggrin.gif (of course I like to combine them with some guitars laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 12 2007, 01:27 PM
Instructor
Techno is a vast term, just like jazz is for example. And no, I am not comparing in terms of music but in terms of veriety of subgenres. I think that techno will eventually become dominanting music, but not regular techno as we know it. After 2-3 years of consant going out to techno rave parties I`m pretty sure I know what I`m talking about. When we say techno we mean minimal or progressive techno music. But the techno techno is applyed to every music that is created using samples. I don`t thnik that all techno music is good, some o them are acctually very bad for pshycic health of people when listened constantly like very progressive pshicodelic music for example. But there is a lot of techno that is acctually good, and many artist has turned into an art.

When i compare for example techno with jazz (its not fer, but both of them are arts afterall) I would say that jazz is like oil painting and techno is like collage painting. So I wouldn`t judge tehcno as bad just because there subgenres that are bad. I would say it is an interesting progression of world music, and can surely bring something positive (along side with the negative).

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 12 2007, 01:34 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Dec 12 2007, 03:42 AM) *

same for me, the constant same boring beat all the way through drives me mad.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Dec 12 2007, 01:38 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 12 2007, 08:34 PM) *
same for me, the constant same boring beat all the way through drives me mad.

Me too! It makes me go insane like a runaway train. laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 12 2007, 01:54 PM
Theres a lot of differnet genres I dont like, we cant all be the same, but I can generally listen to some and think "yea I can see what people like about that" but techno is one that just kinda leaves me blank, and some of the songs that they murder with their techno beats amazes me blink.gif .... anyways wheres my discs I`m off to the local club, DJ Smellsulater "booyacacha!" is outa here cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 12 2007, 02:41 PM
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Dec 12 2007, 06:38 AM) *
Me too! It makes me go insane like a runaway train. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Man, I don't want to be around you when you listen to techno laugh.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 12 2007, 04:14 PM
I absolutely hate techno/trance, but I like, The Prodigy and some electronica.

Edit: If a techno/trance song got extremely good melodies its not that bad.

This post has been edited by Robin: Dec 12 2007, 04:20 PM

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 12 2007, 04:15 PM
Okay something we have to understand is that Techno is a sub-set of Electronica. Very few DJs that I have seen in my party days actually spin Techno. You cannot lump in Trance, GOA, House, Big Beat, Jungle/DnB etc, with techno.

I personally like a lot of electronic music, that's what I listen to for the most part. My tastes have changed throughout the years, but my personal favorites are Big Beat bands like The Chemical Bros and The Crystal Method. Everynow and again I'll put in some Trance, such as older BT, Paul Oakenfold or Dave Ralph. But nowadays I prefer the funky beats with good drum work.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 12 2007, 04:38 PM
QUOTE (Gerald @ Dec 12 2007, 03:15 PM) *
Okay something we have to understand is that Techno is a sub-set of Electronica. Very few DJs that I have seen in my party days actually spin Techno. You cannot lump in Trance, GOA, House, Big Beat, Jungle/DnB etc, with techno.

I personally like a lot of electronic music, that's what I listen to for the most part. My tastes have changed throughout the years, but my personal favorites are Big Beat bands like The Chemical Bros and The Crystal Method. Everynow and again I'll put in some Trance, such as older BT, Paul Oakenfold or Dave Ralph. But nowadays I prefer the funky beats with good drum work.

hmm maybe you have a point here, I have friends that dont like rock/metal etc and they class all Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Death metal etc as the same thing, when of course its not imo.
however, its classed as the same by them due to the guitar orientated overdriven mad solo`s etc the general image etc of "heavy rock" to those people it is all the same.

So I understand where you are coming from on this, however with this kind of music I also fall into the catagory that personally cant stand this "type" of music, as its all generally based around the same computer generated thing, so yea, for me its all bundled up in there Trance, GOA, House, Big Beat, Jungle/DnB etc sorry, but I do get your point wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 12 2007, 09:09 PM
QUOTE (golfrocker @ Dec 11 2007, 09:57 PM) *
i think you have to be on Exctacy for it to be halfway decent. Unless you get the rare song with the guy yelling MORTAL COMBAT!!! throughout the song.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif i love that song biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Paul Coutts @ Dec 11 2007, 11:29 PM) *
I love a lot of House, Trance, Techno and I produce a lot of it in my bedroom. Plan on buying a DJ set in the near future, for a way to bring in some extra cash. It's awesome, GREAT way to take a break from guitar and guitar-related music.
It's also a really good way to come up with great sounding melodies...and clubs are fun biggrin.gif
Blows Rap and RnB comepletely outta the water wink.gif

yeah i agree with the "a way to break from guitar-related music" part cool.gif

QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Dec 12 2007, 06:27 AM) *
Techno is a vast term, just like jazz is for example. And no, I am not comparing in terms of music but in terms of veriety of subgenres. I think that techno will eventually become dominanting music, but not regular techno as we know it. After 2-3 years of consant going out to techno rave parties I`m pretty sure I know what I`m talking about. When we say techno we mean minimal or progressive techno music. But the techno techno is applyed to every music that is created using samples. I don`t thnik that all techno music is good, some o them are acctually very bad for pshycic health of people when listened constantly like very progressive pshicodelic music for example. But there is a lot of techno that is acctually good, and many artist has turned into an art.

When i compare for example techno with jazz (its not fer, but both of them are arts afterall) I would say that jazz is like oil painting and techno is like collage painting. So I wouldn`t judge tehcno as bad just because there subgenres that are bad. I would say it is an interesting progression of world music, and can surely bring something positive (along side with the negative).

really good and interesting points Ivan, i agree with many things you said. What I like about techno is its sounds, they like make you wanna move!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif blink.gif its a really interesting kind of music

QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 12 2007, 06:54 AM) *
I`m off to the local club, DJ Smellsulater "booyacacha!" is outa here cool.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 12 2007, 09:27 PM
i love it.. dunno why.. its just.. trance music.. if ur in the right mood u can just sit and listen to it for hours.. try listening to it in darkness or an odd lighting.. its just the same old beat over and over gets annoying but there are a few composers who really manage to capture a feeling and make it interesting.. its all music to me...

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 12 2007, 09:39 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 12 2007, 10:38 AM) *
hmm maybe you have a point here, I have friends that dont like rock/metal etc and they class all Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Death metal etc as the same thing, when of course its not imo.
however, its classed as the same by them due to the guitar orientated overdriven mad solo`s etc the general image etc of "heavy rock" to those people it is all the same.

So I understand where you are coming from on this, however with this kind of music I also fall into the catagory that personally cant stand this "type" of music, as its all generally based around the same computer generated thing, so yea, for me its all bundled up in there Trance, GOA, House, Big Beat, Jungle/DnB etc sorry, but I do get your point wink.gif

At the end of the day it's all about different strokes for different folks. smile.gif

Personally I grew up listening to the classic rocker's. Zep, Hendrix, Sabbath, Ozzy w/ Rhoads, Clapton etc. etc. Then grew in to some alternative as well during the early teens, and more blues like SRV, more Clapton in his later years etc etc. Then I was introduced to Electronica and dug the House and Trance music for awhile. Now I don't care for it as much as I use to. I did the switch because I was tried of listening to music with vocals and started enjoying more of the instrumental music.

I'm also a PC tech so the technology involved in electronic music is appealing. Making music with computers and synths has a synergy with my field of work. Also there are some bands like TCB and TCM that incorporate guitar and guitar bass work that is really funky.

It's just recently since I have been playing guitar again that I have returned to some of my older music tastes with the traditional band setup. I really enjoy players like Buckethead, because it's instrumental; I still dig on instrumental music more than music with lyrics. But that's just my personal wackyness. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 12 2007, 09:53 PM
QUOTE (Gerald @ Dec 12 2007, 08:39 PM) *
At the end of the day it's all about different strokes for different folks. smile.gif

Personally I grew up listening to the classic rocker's. Zep, Hendrix, Sabbath, Ozzy w/ Rhoads, Clapton etc. etc. Then grew in to some alternative as well during the early teens, and more blues like SRV, more Clapton in his later years etc etc. Then I was introduced to Electronica and dug the House and Trance music for awhile. Now I don't care for it as much as I use to. I did the switch because I was tried of listening to music with vocals and started enjoying more of the instrumental music.

I'm also a PC tech so the technology involved in electronic music is appealing. Making music with computers and synths has a synergy with my field of work. Also there are some bands like TCB and TCM that incorporate guitar and guitar bass work that is really funky.

It's just recently since I have been playing guitar again that I have returned to some of my older music tastes with the traditional band setup. I really enjoy players like Buckethead, because it's instrumental; I still dig on instrumental music more than music with lyrics. But that's just my personal wackyness. rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif phew . I`m glad you didnt take my post the wrong way, I read it afferwards and thought you might think I was being a bit funny blink.gif , I was kinda apologising for my DJ Smellsulater comment previously, once I read your post I did actually realise I`d been a bit ignorant to this genre of music, it is a bit annoying when someone may make a comment (innocently I might add wink.gif ) that was in this case a bit unsensitive to people that know, like and love this music and its various guises when I of course know absolutly nothing about it. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 12 2007, 09:58 PM
It's all good! No offense taken. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:10 AM