13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Victor's Bootcamp, Fell Deeds Awake! Now for Wrath!! Now for Ruin!!
Victor Simion
Mar 16 2020, 05:50 PM
Learning Roadie

Hi,

Playing at 320 BPM.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2020, 04:40 AM
GMC:er
NICELY DONE!!!!! I can't tell you how important this Mission is. This "Scale Inversion" is the basis for a LOT of upcoming work. Being able to smoothly play this particular pattern is CRUCIAL to your success in BOOTCAMP. It's the foundation of more licks than I can even count. It's super important Soldier. I"m gratified to see you blazing through it with such confidence. It bodes well for what's to come. Nicely freaking done Soldier!! Let's Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

TACTICAL PRECISION: The first thing I want to see in this Mission is PRECISION. You'll noticed I use that word a LOT. It's the foundation of good playing. Bad precision equals sloppy playing. No slop here. You have quickly developed the precision required. NIce.

STEADY PACE: There are parts of this lick that are easier and parts that are harder. So it's tempting for the hand to rush and lag. It's a bit of a "speed trap" to see if you will lose control and let yourself rush/lag. You didn't!!! You kept it high and tight. NICE!

QUIET AS DEATH: You have gotten a good handle on playing while keeping a solid palm mute. I can't tell you how important that is as well. Without that, you may as well quit now. You've got it Soldier! You are ready!!!

I'm really impressed with how smooth and flowing your playing is on this finger twister of a lick. Well done!! you just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Also, I'm updating MISSION 14. Here is the new Guitar Pro file and tab.

Attached File  14fix3.gp5 ( 2.25K ) Number of downloads: 1472

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 18 2020, 04:13 AM

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 17 2020, 05:55 PM
Learning Roadie
I will get to the next lesson?
Or I still have to do double third and fourth picking of the same note on lesson 13?

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 17 2020, 03:40 AM) *
NICELY DONE!!!!! I can't tell you how important this Mission is. This "Scale Inversion" is the basis for a LOT of upcoming work. Being able to smoothly play this particular pattern is CRUCIAL to your success in BOOTCAMP. It's the foundation of more licks than I can even count. It's super important Soldier. I"m gratified to see you blazing through it with such confidence. It bodes well for what's to come. Nicely freaking done Soldier!! Let's Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

TACTICAL PRECISION: The first thing I want to see in this Mission is PRECISION. You'll noticed I use that word a LOT. It's the foundation of good playing. Bad precision equals sloppy playing. No slop here. You have quickly developed the precision required. NIce.

STEADY PACE: There are parts of this lick that are easier and parts that are harder. So it's tempting for the hand to rush and lag. It's a bit of a "speed trap" to see if you will lose control and let yourself rush/lag. You didn't!!! You kept it high and tight. NICE!

QUIET AS DEATH: You have gotten a good handle on playing while keeping a solid palm mute. I can't tell you how important that is as well. Without that, you may as well quit now. You've got it Soldier! You are ready!!!

I'm really impressed with how smooth and flowing your playing is on this finger twister of a lick. Well done!! you just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Also, I'm updating MISSION 14. Here is the new Guitar Pro file and tab.

[attachment=50007:14fix2.gp5]
[attachment=50008:14fix2_1.png]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 18 2020, 05:06 AM
You are ready to move on Soldier!!! The multi picking is just something to add in to your warm up workouts for endurance. Try it when possible!!

Sarge
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 17 2020, 12:55 PM) *
I will get to the next lesson?
Or I still have to do double third and fourth picking of the same note on lesson 13?

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 28 2020, 06:21 PM
Learning Roadie

Hi,

Playing at 330 BPM!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 29 2020, 08:36 AM
It's the Single/Double Pick strike pattern that sometimes really throws people off. Once you get used to it, it's a great way to add texture to just about any lick you play on one string or several. Looks like you are getting the hang of it!! Keep it as a warmup as it gets much faster very quick as you keep using it.

Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*PICKING-The Single/Double Strike is tricky. It helps a pinch that it's just one string. Even still, tricky stuff. Being able to alternate pick on a single string without getting the pick caught, losing track of the strike pattern, etc. You did a great job on picking this one!!

*TIMING-Second thing I'm looking for here is your timing. Does it rush or lag? Timing is crucial in this lick. If the timing is off at all, it sound very obvious. Your timing is smooth as glass!!

*DIFFERENT STRINGS- I'd have been happy with just one string but you go the extra mile Soldier!!! Being able to pull this lick off on different string shows that you can traverse to new strings without losing control of your technique. You have no troubles on the other strings. NOOIICE!!!

In short you KILLLED IT!!!

You are ready for new BATTLES and what's coming next!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 28 2020, 01:21 PM) *

Hi,

Playing at 330 BPM!

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 4 2020, 05:35 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Lesson 15, economy picking.
Playing at 300BPM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 5 2020, 02:24 AM
NICE! LOVE that axe btw. What is it again? On to the mission you got the ECON/DOUBLE DOWN STROKE thing going which is a tricky bit for many folks. Also, you made it loop!!!!!!! Yet another trick bit for many. Let's Debrief!

*Sweep Shape: The whole point of this is to prepare you to work up to sweep picking so the first two strikes are both down stroke just like all the strikes in a down rake on a big sweep picked arpeggio. It trains the hand to get used to doing sweep picking which is done as a rake of all down strokes and then all up strokes.

*Follow Up:
Right after the econ comes a scale bit with a big pinky stretch and zero time to adjust. Any gaps and it falls apart. NO GAPS! NICE!!!

*Precision: Sloppy work is bad work but you got no slop at all. Solid, precise and clean. SCORE!!!!

You got this sorted Soldier. You are ready to FIGHT ON!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Apr 4 2020, 12:35 PM) *
Hi,

Lesson 15, economy picking.
Playing at 300BPM

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 5 2020, 08:51 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 5 2020, 01:24 AM) *
NICE! LOVE that axe btw. What is it again? On to the mission you got the ECON/DOUBLE DOWN STROKE thing going which is a tricky bit for many folks. Also, you made it loop!!!!!!! Yet another trick bit for many. Let's Debrief!

*Sweep Shape: The whole point of this is to prepare you to work up to sweep picking so the first two strikes are both down stroke just like all the strikes in a down rake on a big sweep picked arpeggio. It trains the hand to get used to doing sweep picking which is done as a rake of all down strokes and then all up strokes.

*Follow Up:
Right after the econ comes a scale bit with a big pinky stretch and zero time to adjust. Any gaps and it falls apart. NO GAPS! NICE!!!

*Precision: Sloppy work is bad work but you got no slop at all. Solid, precise and clean. SCORE!!!!

You got this sorted Soldier. You are ready to FIGHT ON!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Thank you.
My guitar is: Ibanez SA 160 AH STW

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 10 2020, 06:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

I played this shape in multiple places over the freatboard.
In one place I played something else, flipped a few notes, if you don't mind.

I think I lost my hand sync for a bit around second 35-36.
I think my playing is not so tight on the beat in the beginning of the video but I decided to leave it like this instead of cutting that part.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Apr 10 2020, 06:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 11 2020, 08:00 AM
You got it Soldier!! I only need one good clean pass to show you got the lick and you have more than a few in there. I can see your progress in the space of one vid which is handy too. I can see you start to experiment with the bit and start to make it your own which is always a good thing. Let's Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*Sweep Shape:
This drill is about prepping your hand to play sweeps/arpegios. It starts with a sweep shape and goes right in to a scale bit. It requires three string traverse the entire time so we are expanding a bit from some of our two string and single string bits. You adapt quite well. NICE!

*Follow Up: The transition to the scale bit from the sweep bit has to be smooth or the entire thing falls apart. Your hands get the hang of it after a few reps and BINGO you nailed it.

*Precision: There are no gaps, no time to recover, so precision is key. You do several passes with very good precision. SCORE!

You've got this one Soldier. You are ready for the crazy stuff heading your way.

You just...

LEVELED UP!!!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Apr 10 2020, 01:15 PM) *
Hi,

I played this shape in multiple places over the freatboard.
In one place I played something else, flipped a few notes, if you don't mind.

I think I lost my hand sync for a bit around second 35-36.
I think my playing is not so tight on the beat in the beginning of the video but I decided to leave it like this instead of cutting that part.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 11 2020, 09:34 AM
Learning Roadie
Thank you for your feedback.

I will start next lesson,

I added drums for practice.

Here is the updated file:

Attached File(s)
Attached File  mission_17_part3__with_drums.gp5 ( 4.36K ) Number of downloads: 1144

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 12 2020, 12:35 AM
Playing with drums is always a good idea imho. The metronome is really just to get you ready for playing with a drum kit IMHO. Once you can play with a drum beat, you are ready to start playing in time/on time with a live band/drummer and or with a midi drummer like EZ Drummer 2. Being able to keep time while listening to a drum track is a skill some folks never quite master. As a result, you will often see musicians recording in the studio with a "click track" which helps them keep time. Once you get your internal metronome working well, you should not need a click track ideally. The drum track is what everything else is sorta built on so eventually, just hearing the drums should be enough to lock you in to the beat. There is a LOT of debate on this issue though as many folks have never played with a real drummer and are very much accustomed to playing to the click track in most DAW software. I have found that this does tend to make any performance a pinch more sterile, at least to my ears.

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Apr 11 2020, 04:34 AM) *
Thank you for your feedback.

I will start next lesson,

I added drums for practice.

Here is the updated file:

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 17 2020, 07:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello,

Lesson 17 is ready!

Playing at 70BPM, 80 BPM, 90 BPM and 100BPM.
Let me know if you think this is in my comfortable speed and if I can increase my speed or not.

Hand Sync:
I think my hand sync is good.
Timing:
I don't think the timing is perfect everywhere

Speed:
Here at my maximum speed 100BPM I play 16th notes, so that is the equivalent of 400BPM for each click, so this is faster than my last take. So let me know what you think about my playing at 100BPM (16th notes).

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Apr 17 2020, 07:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2020, 11:24 PM
Doing good Soldier!! The one run that ends at 1:03 gets a bit loose but the faster one after that makes up for it. I can see progress!!! You are getting better with each one of these. I remember your first few Missions and there was a bit of drift between the click and the pick strike. You are steadily getting rid of that drift and playing with more and more precision. NICE!!!!

Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PLAYING WITHIN ABILITY: On a lick like this it's tempting to play well beyond ones ability and end up with pure slop. The good news is that you are playing within your ability even though you are pushing the edge, which is great to see!!!

NOT TENSING UP: I'm wanting to see you keep loose while playing at speed. This is something that everyone struggles with. It's only natural for the body to tense under load. The good news is that you don't tense! You stay nice and loose yet still in control. SCORE!!!

PACING: It's also tempting on a lick lick this to play the parts that are easier for the hand faster than the parts that are more difficult. Good news is you don't fall in to that trap!!!

Keep playing these bits and see how far you can push it!!! Practice makes perfect!!!

In other words you just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Apr 17 2020, 02:06 PM) *
Hello,

Lesson 17 is ready!

Playing at 70BPM, 80 BPM, 90 BPM and 100BPM.
Let me know if you think this is in my comfortable speed and if I can increase my speed or not.

Hand Sync:
I think my hand sync is good.
Timing:
I don't think the timing is perfect everywhere

Speed:
Here at my maximum speed 100BPM I play 16th notes, so that is the equivalent of 400BPM for each click, so this is faster than my last take. So let me know what you think about my playing at 100BPM (16th notes).

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 18 2020, 07:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

I feel that is easier to play with drums because:

1. If I play 100BPM 16th notes, meaning 4 notes per click, I need to be on the click on the fourth note and fill the gaps between.
2 If I play at the same speed meaning 400BPM one note per click, there will be so many clicks that I hear that it's so hard for me to jump on a click. I feel like jumping in a train that is moving fast and if I am lucky to land inside I have to concentrate to not fall.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 17 2020, 10:24 PM) *
Doing good Soldier!! The one run that ends at 1:03 gets a bit loose but the faster one after that makes up for it. I can see progress!!! You are getting better with each one of these. I remember your first few Missions and there was a bit of drift between the click and the pick strike. You are steadily getting rid of that drift and playing with more and more precision. NICE!!!!

Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PLAYING WITHIN ABILITY: On a lick like this it's tempting to play well beyond ones ability and end up with pure slop. The good news is that you are playing within your ability even though you are pushing the edge, which is great to see!!!

NOT TENSING UP: I'm wanting to see you keep loose while playing at speed. This is something that everyone struggles with. It's only natural for the body to tense under load. The good news is that you don't tense! You stay nice and loose yet still in control. SCORE!!!

PACING: It's also tempting on a lick lick this to play the parts that are easier for the hand faster than the parts that are more difficult. Good news is you don't fall in to that trap!!!

Keep playing these bits and see how far you can push it!!! Practice makes perfect!!!

In other words you just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2020, 11:09 AM
Playing drums is one of the best things any musician can do as a way to get better at any instrument. Being able to play drums is a great way to build an internal metronome and a great way to understand timing and groove. It helped me tremendously.

Todd

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Apr 18 2020, 02:03 PM) *
Hi,

I feel that is easier to play with drums because:

1. If I play 100BPM 16th notes, meaning 4 notes per click, I need to be on the click on the fourth note and fill the gaps between.
2 If I play at the same speed meaning 400BPM one note per click, there will be so many clicks that I hear that it's so hard for me to jump on a click. I feel like jumping in a train that is moving fast and if I am lucky to land inside I have to concentrate to not fall.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 25 2020, 02:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd,

Lesson 18, is ready

I think I played a wrong note at second 53.
I tried my best to come up with something interesting and not make it sound like a boring exercise.
I also tried to make the recording a high quality sound.

I still think I need to work on my timing.

Let me know what you think

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 25 2020, 11:12 PM
Super congrats on creating a solo here. Also you made really good use of several licks that we've covered and made them work in a musical composition. That's the entire point of all of this after all! It's great to see you put all of this work to good use and create music with it. The timing drifts a bit but it works as it just sounds like you are playing around the beat. Rushing the beat creates some tension and lagging the beat reduces it. Also resolving the note to the root releases the tension. Solos are a balance of tension and release. Soloing is one of the most difficult parts of playing guitar imho. It requires every skill one has a musician. Well fought!!

Every chance you get to create a guitar solo is a wonderful thing. Playing against backing tracks on youtube, playing solos over songs that you like, playing solos over anything that sounds like music, even over a movie or tv show soundtrack as you watch the show, is a good thing. It's the actual improvisation that's important. Responding musically to actual music is a wonderful thing and its great to see you going for it! you sir just...

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Apr 25 2020, 09:13 AM) *
Hi Todd,

Lesson 18, is ready

I think I played a wrong note at second 53.
I tried my best to come up with something interesting and not make it sound like a boring exercise.
I also tried to make the recording a high quality sound.

I still think I need to work on my timing.

Let me know what you think

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 29 2020, 08:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

For the next lesson which is a tapping exercise, do I need to use the metronome?

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:19 AM