Yes [ 32 ] ** [66.67%]
No [ 10 ] ** [20.83%]
I Can still feel the probes!!!! [ 6 ] ** [12.50%]
Total Votes: 45
Guests cannot vote 
dusty
Mar 21 2008, 09:49 PM
GMC:er
As somebody has started a topic on religion i thought i would start one on whether we are alone in the universe (or multiverse, for the string theorists).

Personally i cannot believe that we are the only sentient species in this galaxy let alone the universe after all if we are; what a hell of a waste of space. tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by dusty: Mar 21 2008, 09:52 PM

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Mar 21 2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I believe that it's very possible that there is other life in the universe. It's impsossible to say that their isn't. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 21 2008, 09:55 PM
Instructor
I really doubt we are alone.. There has to be intelligent life somewhere else

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 21 2008, 09:55 PM
the universe is far too big for their not to be other life
im convinced somewhere in the universe there is a planet positioned the same as ours.. given the same opportunities for evolution as us and therefore life may have evolved the same as ours.. or at least similarly.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 21 2008, 09:56 PM
QUOTE (dusty @ Mar 21 2008, 03:49 PM) *
As somebody has started a topic on religion i thought i would start one on whether we are alone in the universe (or multiverse, for the string theorists).

Personally i cannot believe that we are the only sentient species in this galaxy let alone the universe after all if we are what a hell of a waste of space. tongue.gif

of course.

However, it may very very rare. The conditions that allowed it may be VERRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY. Unusual. I may have to do with the size and positions of all the planets, size of the galaxy star, chance occurance, just a lot of luck that rarely happens.

Look at it this way. We can talk about it because we are hear. But if life such as ours is so rare, well that does not change anything, we are still just a sample of 1. I am sure it can occur anywhere, but it may be very unusual to it to happen.

and it may be even more unusual for a such a species not to bring about it's own destruction at some point. I figure that the next 100 years will determine if the Cockroaches get the next shot here, or we go on. With 20,000 nukes out there, and them spreading more and more, and biological stuff, and ecological disaster forthcoming, a betting man might bet on the Cockroaches.

edit: forgot to mention gross overpopulation of the planet, and it going to double, well beyond sustainable levels. yes, I think my money goes on the cockroaches.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Mar 21 2008, 09:58 PM

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 21 2008, 10:51 PM
they're real!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 21 2008, 10:58 PM
I don't know if this is 100% on topic.. But real close...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yI2Yj_u9Om4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eR8UlVDwPPs

Interesting stuff. To me atleast smile.gif.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 21 2008, 11:02 PM
Lets go fishing!
I can still feel the Probes!!!!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 21 2008, 11:12 PM

And that isn't even a fraction of a fraction of 1/1000000000000000th of an extremely tiny part of the universe. Too think that we are alone is just silly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Mar 21 2008, 11:16 PM

if this isnt proof, what is? laugh.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 21 2008, 11:40 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Ahh, that finally convinced me - although I don;t think I'd like a kitty on that planet unsure.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 22 2008, 12:07 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Matt what can I say but blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 22 2008, 12:08 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 21 2008, 11:07 PM) *

and aaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhH!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
visi0n
Mar 22 2008, 12:17 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I think that we arent alone, there must be something .. we humans dont know ..

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 22 2008, 12:48 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I had to vote no. Blame it on the 2 or 3 billion times ive watched the Star Wars Movies. smile.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 22 2008, 01:28 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 21 2008, 09:55 PM) *
I really doubt we are alone.. There has to be intelligent life somewhere else

I agree smile.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 22 2008, 08:30 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 21 2008, 11:07 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Its ok they didnt really come for me - I just watch far to much X-files wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
SensE
Mar 22 2008, 08:33 AM
That kitten scared me off !!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 22 2008, 08:43 AM
One thing I've always been thinking about, if there is some other species somewhere, why does everyone(usually) think there technologically more advanced than us? huh.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 22 2008, 08:48 AM
"You're nooooot alone, there is more to this i knooOOOOwwww!"

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:40 PM