Some Computer Problems..
Canis
May 28 2009, 01:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm having the weirdest problem I've encountered within the world of PC so far.. I'm only able to visit one website, and that's GMC.. I get the famous "Can't display page" on every other site I try to visit, and I can't connect to MSN. But I can recieve mail with Mozilla Firebird. I'm using Firefox, and have tried IE as well without luck...

Do anyone know how I can fix this?

Edit: I just remembered a chatsession about a week ago, where myself, Bogdan, Vasilie and some others were joking about a GMC-virus... Behold the irony? tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Canis: May 28 2009, 02:11 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
May 28 2009, 02:19 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
That has to be the weirdest thing I ever heard!, at least you get to see the best site on the net laugh.gif

Seriously, I have no clue, but let us know how you solve it... if you ever do! Muahahaha.

Try reseting your cable modem, erase all explorer content (cookies, temp files), download and install a different browser to see, restart the computer... this is so weird.
Really, best of luck smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
jonathan
May 28 2009, 02:42 PM
GMC:er
Try deleting your current network connection and creating it again. good luck

+Quote Post
purple hayes
May 28 2009, 03:07 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Problems with the HOST file? Seems odd that everything but GMC is blocked.

/but if I had to choose one web site to be stuck with, I'd choose this one.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Canis
May 28 2009, 03:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
I lost GMC too, after a while tongue.gif

It was a error by the internet company. I called them to be sure, and I was told the entire area was affected.

Back now, though ^^
Thanks a lot for the tips! I'll keep them in mind if I ever encounter something similar smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
May 28 2009, 03:39 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Good to hear Canis, it's always horrible when inet dissapears!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Praetorian
May 28 2009, 04:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
You got GMC...where is the problem?!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
May 28 2009, 04:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Canis @ May 28 2009, 08:57 AM) *
I'm having the weirdest problem I've encountered within the world of PC so far.. I'm only able to visit one website, and that's GMC.. I get the famous "Can't display page" on every other site I try to visit, and I can't connect to MSN. But I can recieve mail with Mozilla Firebird. I'm using Firefox, and have tried IE as well without luck...

Do anyone know how I can fix this?

Edit: I just remembered a chatsession about a week ago, where myself, Bogdan, Vasilie and some others were joking about a GMC-virus... Behold the irony? tongue.gif

Are there any other webpages that GMC on the internet???

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Canis
May 28 2009, 04:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ May 28 2009, 05:37 PM) *
Are there any other webpages that GMC on the internet???

You know what, I heard someone claim there was ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
synfection
May 28 2009, 05:12 PM
Learning Roadie
hmm, GMC taking over the web? i think so...

--------------------
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/font]

Esp Ltd Ec - 400
line 6 Spider III

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 28 2009, 07:54 PM
It sounds like a proxy problem? What web-browser are you using?

Can you still ping other websites?
Goto Start / Run and type cmd.exe, then type ping google.com or another website which isn't working.

If IE - Go to Tools | Internet Options and click on the Connection tab. Make sure there are no dial-up or virtual private networks that aren't spos to be there.

Also manage Add-ons and check there, nothing is been added which might be out of place.

If it cannot display on all web-browsers and is mostly targeting certain Anti-virus websites and Microsoft Update, etc, also attempts to disables your anti-virus scanner, but will let you still access paypal, bank websites, etc (mostly paid website)... then it's a virus, a newest one (which attempts to leech login details and bank accounts).

Possible 'Win32/Conficker' infected your computer? There are some varies of the virus.
It attempts to block everything that may help you remove it.
Remove the computer from the network and via another 'clean' computer transfer files (one way - once only) removal tools you can find on anti-virus websites.

The problem is you may not even be able to see this, if it has infected...

System Changes

The following system changes may indicate the presence of this malware:
The following services are disabled or fail to run:
Windows Update Service
Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Windows Defender
Windows Error Reporting Services

Some accounts may be locked out due to the following registry modification, which may flood the network with connections:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
"TcpNumConnections" = "0x00FFFFFE"

Users may not be able to connect to websites or online services that contain the following strings:
virus
spyware
malware
rootkit
defender
microsoft
symantec
norton
mcafee
trendmicro
sophos
panda
etrust
networkassociates
computerassociates
f-secure
kaspersky
jotti
f-prot
nod32
eset
grisoft
drweb
centralcommand
ahnlab
esafe
avast
avira
quickheal
comodo
clamav
ewido
fortinet
gdata
hacksoft
hauri
ikarus
k7computing
norman
pctools
prevx
rising
securecomputing
sunbelt
emsisoft
arcabit
cpsecure
spamhaus
castlecops
threatexpert
wilderssecurity
windowsupdate

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Canis
May 28 2009, 09:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks a lot for the info, Azzaboi biggrin.gif
But I called the internet provider, and they said it was a error on their part. The entire area had the same problem smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 28 2009, 09:46 PM
Instructor
ISP made you connect only to GMC? That's like the best ISP ever biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Canis
May 28 2009, 09:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 28 2009, 10:46 PM) *
ISP made you connect only to GMC? That's like the best ISP ever biggrin.gif

Indeed biggrin.gif
I got no logical explaination from them either, when I asked how come... It's like a sign, I say! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 28 2009, 10:56 PM
That's good you got it working again and it was only the ISP and not a nasty settings or virus problem smile.gif
Still weird, must of been like the area it could access and the other lines down?

Your ISP just didn't want to affect your membership access and gave ya VIP access direct line to GMC while they fixed the internet problem? lol

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Canis
May 28 2009, 11:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ May 28 2009, 11:56 PM) *
That's good you got it working again and it was only the ISP and not a nasty settings or virus problem smile.gif
Still weird, must of been like the area it could access and the other lines down?

Your ISP just didn't want to affect your membership access and gave ya VIP access direct line to GMC while they fixed the internet problem? lol

GMC is slowly taking over the world tongue.gif

Perhaps it had something to do with access to the geographical location of the server or something.. It's just weird that I didn't even get into Google or norwegian news sites..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:37 AM