> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Tflava's Thread, for Gab's Army
Timmez
Dec 5 2020, 03:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man,

im working on my funk backing track and learned 3 licks.
2 of Matt schofield en 1 of John scofield.

yesterday night i was jamming with my buddie and we made our own funk backing track.
He played the bass and i played the guitars and keys. The drum is from studio drummer.

What do you think of it?
We wanted to develop something in the mixolydian mode. Maybe in tghe future i will make a solo over it.

Greetz Tim

Attached File  funk_jam_ray.mp3 ( 4.41MB ) Number of downloads: 228

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 5 2020, 04:01 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Cool to know that you are learning new licks by them!!

The jam track sounds very cool! The best thing that you can do to train your improvisation is to jam with other musician! The track sounds groovy, you both did a great job!

Some ideas for the next jam:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 6 2020, 08:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man,

Very nice vids.
We will definitely go for some blues next time and incorporate the Q & A idea from above. Thanks for the tips.

And is it possible with the collab that you put my name Tim under the vid instead of tflava smile.gif Its a really really old name that i dont like anymore but i also dont want to change all my emails and accounts and stuff cool.gif

Thanks greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 7 2020, 08:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

Excuse me but i posted the B minor Balld in the Rec because it felt i had to do it.
I worked especially hard on the vibrato and trie to maintain it in my daily routine.
After this lesson i will focus on the Funk Rhythm and still on the legato.

greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 8 2020, 03:00 AM
Instructor
Great Tim! I hope to hear your Q&A jam soon! smile.gif

Ok about your name on collab. I'll check your REC take!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 8 2020, 09:25 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright i think i will record it then with him the Jam 😁

Thanks for the comments about the Rec.
I think for me its better now to focuss on vibrato and legato on a daily routine.
Im working with todd in the bootcamp and i notice already a huge improvement in my hand sync so i think its also good to work in a daily base in the vibrato, bending vibrato and legato.

I thought if i work the next month on:
- 20.min picking workout
- 20 min legato
- 10 min vibrato
- 10 min bending vibrato.

I thought for the vibrato lessons i can use the lesson from ben vintaro odessey 5 you gave me and vibrato oddesey 3 which is bending vibrato.
And then maybe after every week i van Shoot a little vibrato vid so can you see if im doing it well.. 😅

Thanks for all the help

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 8 2020, 03:06 PM
Instructor
Excellent plan mate! Great to know that my feedback is helping. You are progressing a lot, congrats!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 10 2020, 04:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

I recorded my dorian funk improvisation.
Hope you like it. I incorporated 3 licks from others inside smile.gif
I also tried to incorporate 2 or 3 melodic sequences patterns.

Greetz Tim

This post has been edited by tflava: Dec 10 2020, 04:22 PM

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 13 2020, 08:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate,

I practice every day the techniques and im really notice that im improving in my picking and also legato. I think i will keep this routine for a few weeks and then sometimes switch a different technique. So that i play every day 40 minutes of technique only switch the techiques sometimes. but first i wnat to have a good solid legato and vibrato smile.gif

here i have a Rec from bens land of legato. Is it good enough for in the REC and move on for bens land of legato 2, or should i practice it some more?

Here i recorded the vibrato lesson and bending vibrato im working on. So you can see if i use good technique or do i need to pay attention to some things. When i do the vibrato slowly its ok but when ill do it faster its difficult for me.

Thanks again. And you did a wonderfull job with the collab smile.gif

greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2020, 10:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, good job here!!

I think that both techniques are on the right track but you obviously need more time. There are two things to have in mind while practicing. The first one is that you need to try to relax your left hand when playing both legato and vibrato. The second one is related to bending and vibrato. and it's that you need to focus more the movement from your wrist.

Regarding REC, you always can share takes there in order to get more varied feedback. You are ready to start working on lesson 2, but you need to keep the first one in your daily practice for some more days.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 14 2020, 08:31 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

Allright thanks for your feedback.
With the vibrato, i push the string hard with my finger. Do i need to relaxx my finger more and the focuss on moving my wrist?

I will practice the legato more then and maybe out the lesson 2 also in my routine. 🙂

Greetz

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 14 2020, 01:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 14 2020, 04:31 AM) *
Allright thanks for your feedback.
With the vibrato, i push the string hard with my finger. Do i need to relaxx my finger more and the focuss on moving my wrist?

Yes! At least you need to find a balance between those two things. Pushing hard is necessary when you are playing Yngwie/Zakk Wylde style vibrato.

QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 14 2020, 04:31 AM) *
I will practice the legato more then and maybe out the lesson 2 also in my routine. 🙂
Greetz

Excellent!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 14 2020, 01:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ow and sorry btw what were your thoughts on the table of content of the book and on the funk improv?

Ow and sorry btw what were your thoughts on the table of content of the book and on the funk improv?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 15 2020, 03:58 PM
Instructor
I missed your funk jam! Sorry about it! I love this one. Your phrasing is very rhythmical in this one. Good use of call & response concept, and articulation. This is definitely the right track!

You just need to continue experimenting with rhythm since it tends to become repetitive after some time but this is very good mate congrats!

Regarding the book. Yes, I know that book and I think that it has a very good structure. It's a good first step to get the basics of improvisation. I think that you need to get into those concepts before we move forward. Also, each of those concepts can be expanded, but first get into what's covered there.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 15 2020, 05:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate, no problem! smile.gif

Yes i'm working in the background o the content of the book. In each chapter are also 32 or 3 sequencial phrases so i wnat to learn them also for at least on 2 patterns smile.gif I try to mix everything up to stay positive and keep motivated.
On the one hand i have the technique excersises which i continue to improve.
And on the other hand i have the improvisational side. Here i'm working on some compositions but also a lot of improvisations. I trie to mix up some different styles. I also use the book and work trough it slowly. Im now in chapter 6 or something. Some things here are allready familliair but i trie to focuss on the things i've gone trough too fast without understand the key concepts of it.
im also written a song for my wife and when its done i can maybe share it with you but it takes time to finish it smile.gif

So i think my goals for improvisations are:
- make improvisations in different modes
- Work at a slow pace trough the concepts of the book
- Working on latin guitar
-Working on the blues
- Try to start with vertical soloing onslow songs
- Go on with the collabs and compositions.

I want to mix these things up and work trough it on my own pace but also change between the goals to keep motivated.

I know it is a lot but for know i'm feeling like i got it under controle happy.gif

im very thankfull for your help because it really helps me a lot.

Cheers tim

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 15 2020, 09:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here a latin improv. Try to use. Some new melodic patterns. Some Licks of santana and some speed Licks from shred bootcamp. Sorry for so much text in the message before.😅

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 16 2020, 01:42 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Your latin jams are sounding better and better! I can hear some Santana phrases here. It's good to see you experimenting with different rhythms. Those fast ornaments make a bit difference! As I always say, listening to the masters is the best for inspiration! Good job.

QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 15 2020, 01:17 PM) *
Hey mate, no problem! smile.gif

Yes i'm working in the background o the content of the book. In each chapter are also 32 or 3 sequencial phrases so i wnat to learn them also for at least on 2 patterns smile.gif I try to mix everything up to stay positive and keep motivated.
On the one hand i have the technique excersises which i continue to improve.
And on the other hand i have the improvisational side. Here i'm working on some compositions but also a lot of improvisations. I trie to mix up some different styles. I also use the book and work trough it slowly. Im now in chapter 6 or something. Some things here are allready familliair but i trie to focuss on the things i've gone trough too fast without understand the key concepts of it.
im also written a song for my wife and when its done i can maybe share it with you but it takes time to finish it smile.gif

So i think my goals for improvisations are:
- make improvisations in different modes
- Work at a slow pace trough the concepts of the book
- Working on latin guitar
-Working on the blues
- Try to start with vertical soloing onslow songs
- Go on with the collabs and compositions.

I want to mix these things up and work trough it on my own pace but also change between the goals to keep motivated.

I know it is a lot but for know i'm feeling like i got it under controle happy.gif

im very thankfull for your help because it really helps me a lot.

Cheers tim

Yes, this looks like a long list but it's more like a road map. You don't need to work on everything by once. You can take 1 concept each day or a few each week and you'll be practicing the right things to achieve your goal. I'll share something more. My idea is not to confuse you but to organize all these concepts that you listed here. This article summarizes everything you need to work in order to become a better improviser: https://www.guitarhabits.com/10-essentials-...-improvisation/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 20 2020, 09:46 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

Thanks its a good road map. I think im in the right routine for it 🙂 im also expanding with some Licks sometimes so i integrate it and try to repeat the licks i like.

Im also Looking to expand my practice Technique routine in the future so i can switch techniques sometimes. But i was wonderig what you think of putting sweep picking in it?
Do you think its usefull to spend some time on it?
I don't need to become a metal trash shredder but i thought maybe its good to learn a bit of the Mechanics so i can use Small parts of it?

Thanks in advance 😁

Ps Ill try to Shoot a legato vid in the evening

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the legato vid. Is it ok to post it in the REC and go on with the other legato lesson?

Here is a recording of the vibrato lesson. I notice that its difficult to do the vibrato on lower frets.
Im also thinking that its sitting more difficult then standing because i have less space by my elbow.
What do you think of it?

Thanks again mate

This post has been edited by tflava: Dec 20 2020, 09:19 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2020, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim! Great stuff here!

The legato lesson is sounding very good! There are only some small details in connections between patterns but nothing too serious. I also think that you need to relax a bit more your left hand when playing it. That's why I would keep playing this one at least once every day. It's very good for REC!

Vibrato lesson still needs more work. It's a very demanding lesson, mostly when you have to play the faster parts. You're right about the difficulty of vibrato in lower frets. You need to use more strength to bend there.

Im also Looking to expand my practice Technique routine in the future so i can switch techniques sometimes. But i was wondering what you think of putting sweep picking in it?
Do you think its useful to spend some time on it?
I don't need to become a metal trash shredder but i thought maybe its good to learn a bit of the Mechanics so i can use Small parts of it?

Even if you don't want to play fast metal sweeps, this technique, is very useful for other styles. Consider alto getting into economy picking which is basically the same but more applied to scales instead or arpeggios. Another technique that I think you'll enjoy is hybrid picking.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 21 2020, 02:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok thanks mate. I will incorporate it into my practice routine and also hyprid picking in the future smile.gif

I notice i get some bored of the vibrato lesson but ill get the idea and think i know how to work on it.
I found a lesson what i think combine both so that im working on my vibrato but also in sweep picking.
Its malmsteen made easy from ben higgins.

I'll put the legato in the REC and go in with legato 2 but keep practicing the first one at least one a day.

Thanks again and you will hear from me 😁

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:14 PM