Greetings Fellow Gutar Slingers, New Member
Big D
Aug 7 2007, 02:10 AM
GMC:er
Hey,
My name is Donovan and I live in Kentucky (USA). I just joined the clan a couple of days ago and I am really looking forward to making my way around in the site. I started playing guitar when I was 16 and have played for 20 years. (do the math on the age). When I was young, I thought I was going to play guitar for a living, as all young guitar players do, but realized in my late 20's it just wasn't going to happen. Same old story, in a band, starts to really be cool and then one guy would go to jail, quit for his girlfriend, or just generally be a lazy musician.
So, I decided to go to college so I wouldn't have to be a greeter at Walmart when I am 65, no disrespect to Walmart greeters, everybody has got to eat somehow. So, I got my degree in Finance from Indiana University, currently working on a double-master's degree, and work as a financial analyst for a fortune 500 company. Not exactly the path I saw myself taking as a long-haired kid. But, that is how life goes and its pretty good.
I was always an okay guitar player, nothing special. Now, I am looking for a few fellows my age who had to grow up and play out once a month or something. But, as I get older I really want to focus on creating a depth and breadth to my playing. I could usually play most tabs, but my theory, and therefore improv quality was minimal. I feel as though I can take my playing into a renaisance and be better than I ever was when I was younger. As I look around the site, I think I have found a good place to start. Please, feel free to reach out with any advice or favorite lessons (especiall jazz, blues, or country).
Thank you friends and talk to you soon,
Donovan

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Aug 7 2007, 02:16 AM
HEY AND WELCOME!!! Blues is a great style there is a load of blues licks videos and if you dont know the pentatonic go to Andrews Theory board!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 7 2007, 02:17 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome Donovan - great story, a little similar to mine smile.gif Great thing is that we both found our way to GMC and have a chance to be the guitarists we always wanted to be - let us know if we can help at all!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 7 2007, 02:28 AM
Welcome! smile.gif You made a good decission joining GMC! Remember to post if you have any questions! smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 7 2007, 02:54 AM
Welcome Donovan
I like your story. smile.gif I think alot of us in are 20's and on can relate to it, i know i can.Loved the part about band mates going to jail or leaving for there girl laugh.gif .I was the one that left for the girl,marrige,kid ect.The other's went into the military and i guess the other one is a gretter at wal-mart laugh.gif I dont think kids understand all that comes every year you start getting older after the teens.It takes alot of dedication and staying away from women tongue.gif to make it in a band.That was my dream and im sure it's many other's but kids and family came first.Now my dream is for my son to play guitar and take off were i left and make it. biggrin.gif GMC is a great place to improve on your guitar skills along with discusing music.There are plenty of lessons for you to check out.If you have any questions feel fre to ask or pm me.

Shredmandan

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 7 2007, 11:12 AM
Instructor
Welcome Donovan! Enjoy your staying! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:46 PM