> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(8.25, Pass) Melodic Tapping 1: Freedom Of A Lonely Heart, Lesson By Christian Vidal
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Akinino
May 15 2012, 03:27 AM
Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Melodic Tapping 1: Freedom of a Lonely Heart by Christian Vidal

Hi! Im Akimichi im new here!
This is my first post, cover of the song "The hangar, hope you enjoy!
Didnt use the right fingers on my left hand sorry xD

Aki

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Akinino: May 15 2012, 03:33 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 15 2012, 11:24 AM
Instructor
Hi Aki, welcome to GMC ! smile.gif

This is a good first REC entry.

Your overall timing is good, and your tapping technique is great.. it doesn't matter so much if you used different fingers because you made it work.

There was a timing slip up around 0:23 and you didn't play the final arpeggio so I'm going to throw you an 8 but it's still an impressive performance and I hope that we will see a lot more of you here !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 15 2012, 04:29 PM
Instructor
Hello Aki! It is a very good first rec attempt! Good job!
Your timing is shaky a little bit and tapping can be done cleaner! I would suggest to practice this lesson at a slow tempo using a metronome! It's is almost perfect so shouldn't take too long!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 16 2012, 06:44 PM
Instructor
Hello Aki! Welcome to the REC zone and congratulations on tackling such a strong piece! The take is good but it can be perfected, by following the advices given by Alex and Ben! See you around man!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2012, 05:10 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Welcome to the site! It's great to find a take from you at the REC! You did a great job in this first recording, your tapping technique is very good as well as your timing and tone. You just have to make it sound even cleaner. Try to mute that strings that you are not playing and avoid having two notes sounding at the same time.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
May 19 2012, 05:44 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.25, good job

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:48 PM