My Newest Seymour Duncan Five-two Pickups Demo, plus short original trackfor demo purpose
Darius Wave
Oct 4 2013, 12:26 PM
Instructor
I usually make short but original ( I mean composed by me ) tracks for demo purposes, like this time. Maybe I'll make a full song out of this. Enjoy smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 4 2013, 02:46 PM
Learning Tone Master

To make a full song it will be a great idea because sounds awesome smile.gif

I am very curious, you made other changes between the first demo with this pickups and this demo?

You know my first opinion and my current opinion, it's totally different now and I don't understand what you did to make this great sound ohmy.gif
It's only about difference between that practice amp from the first demo and this current combination with Poulin Brit preamp and God's cab impulse? Because it's hard to believe this smile.gif Maybe other strings not that Stainless Steel, any other minimal change to modified the sound so much? smile.gif
I try to understand how you made to achieve this cool sound smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 4 2013, 03:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 4 2013, 01:46 PM) *
To make a full song it will be a great idea because sounds awesome smile.gif

I am very curious, you made other changes between the first demo with this pickups and this demo?

You know my first opinion and my current opinion, it's totally different now and I don't understand what you did to make this great sound ohmy.gif
It's only about difference between that practice amp from the first demo and this current combination with Poulin Brit preamp and God's cab impulse? Because it's hard to believe this smile.gif Maybe other strings not that Stainless Steel, any other minimal change to modified the sound so much? smile.gif
I try to understand how you made to achieve this cool sound smile.gif

Monica - the basic difference is the recording setup. I found more british, marshall plexi based tone and less gain. Second thing...previous short playthrough was done with a condenser mic and small practice amp. It could have been sounding descent but I didn't take time to set the tone and edit track. This was just a first check after soldering whole set smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 4 2013, 03:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 4 2013, 02:11 PM) *
Monica - the basic difference is the recording setup. I found more british, marshall plexi based tone and less gain. Second thing...previous short playthrough was done with a condenser mic and small practice amp. It could have been sounding descent but I didn't take time to set the tone and edit track. This was just a first check after soldering whole set smile.gif

I understand now, I ask you because I know very well that pickups and don't have the sound I am looking for. Always I thought that their sound is more for some kind of country or blues music smile.gif
What you did with that pickups ruined my conception about them laugh.gif This is a good thing of course wink.gif

What can I say, you are really a master in make great tones smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 4 2013, 04:54 PM
GMC:er
Those pick ups - and you - sound great.

It's funny - what I hear in them is that even with the exact same amp tones and mic 'if' you played country or blues licks you would sound county and blusey. I definitely hear the 'snap' of the Strat w/single coils and I hear the string.

Cool demo! Thanks.

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 4 2013, 08:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow this Strat sounds Great with those Pickups !!!

But , Darius , you are a real GOOD Guitarist cool.gif i like your record very much !

COOL smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 4 2013, 08:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 4 2013, 02:34 PM) *
I understand now, I ask you because I know very well that pickups and don't have the sound I am looking for. Always I thought that their sound is more for some kind of country or blues music smile.gif
What you did with that pickups ruined my conception about them laugh.gif This is a good thing of course wink.gif

What can I say, you are really a master in make great tones smile.gif

Nope...smile.gif)) Single coil has some magic in their dynamics response and wide freq range. I really underrated them when I was a typical "Rock or metal kid" but through time I found them having some brilliance that I miss a lot in humbuckers. Of course It's always a matter of good match with the amp and playing style. But I do like them a lot smile.gif

Ken - Thank You very much! I really appreciate You kind words smile.gif I do agree - it's very clear and easy to predict how can You adjust the tone to get those matched to country and similar. I love all those sound from a "different story" (comparing to what I usually play)...I think it's only a matter of time or band to see me with more playing like this smile.gif

All best to both of You ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Oct 4 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Wow this Strat sounds Great with those Pickups !!!

But , Darius , you are a real GOOD Guitarist cool.gif i like your record very much !

COOL smile.gif

Thank You a lot Dietrele! I'm always trying my best...also always would like to be a bit better ...damn it tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:47 AM