Martin Dx1 Rea Acoustic Guitar, awesome for the price!
Darius Wave
Oct 16 2013, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Last week I became a happy owner of Martin DX1 REA. It's pretty low price butmore than awesome for that amount of money. As far as I'm not a strictly acoustic player, I needed an instrument that's not gonna be full professional (for example...won't make my cry when I leaft it somewhere on the festivals or someone break it) but from the other side won't also make me uncomfortabe while playing. After some time I spent on trying different guitars I finally found this Martin (I'm not the "logo magic" type of guy) and it really works for me. Very deep tone, no annoying high mids, crystal treble end + pretty descent sound from piezo. It has hidden tone and vol regulation (resonance hole) and I can use all of guitar body for fingerstyle percussive tones. Perfect intonation and fretwork.

Other words - more than good intrument and very hard to compare (in the good way) to other propositions at this price range. I'll make some demos when I'll have a while. Currently I just used it at the festival I was participating.

Only uncomfortable thing is the truss rod screw placement - ver deep. You need 5" wrench to adjust the neck. At the beginning I thought it has no neck adjustment because of the price smile.gif Some of my friends who indeed are mainly acoustic players confirmed my choice. Also...(this is sad) but it seemed to sound better than my father's Taylor, which is twice as expensive.

I hope I'll have some better quality recording from this performance, but by far here it is (25 min)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Oct 16 2013, 02:52 PM
GMC:er
Is that your Father on stage with you? The Martin sounds/looks good! Hopefully see you do something close and acapello with it! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 16 2013, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Yep Rod smile.gif It's my Father on the left smile.gif I hope to get better quality smile.gif I also think I'll make one composition for acoustic guitar smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 17 2013, 06:52 AM
Learning Tone Master

I like the both guitars how sound together. Congrats to your father for the prize! smile.gif I always thought that It's a great feeling to have ocasion to play with your father on the stage smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 17 2013, 08:55 AM
Instructor
Yes it is...we both have sa same passion - music. Only difference is that he's mostly the lirycs writterand I'm just an instrumentalist smile.gif All audio in this vid is focus too much on the mid-range but within few weeks there should be descent TV material from the festival smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:24 PM