3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Vivaldi Winter Arpeggios, Practice Alternate Picking
Manu RASSE
Aug 17 2019, 05:06 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Thank you Todd

Final section is very diffcult.
I prefer to work my legato and Hammer-on/Pull off with other exercises.
I don't love this kind of exercise, I don't feel it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 17 2019, 05:08 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 17 2019, 10:33 PM
GMC:er
No worries smile.gif The picking drill seemed to help you quite a bit. It's the isolation that helps the most. The picking drill isolates picking. Find a legato drill that you do like but try to do it with one hand at least part of the time. Not being able to do legato hammer ons/pull offs with one hand indicates your finger power is not what is should be to play a piece like the vivaldi one. You've got your picking hand up to snuff. Time to work on your fretting hand a bit imho. Once you get a bit more power in your fretting hand, the picked and non picked notes will all sound very similar while using palm mute. Then you will be ready for the REC!

Todd
QUOTE (MisterM @ Aug 17 2019, 12:06 PM) *
Thank you Todd

Final section is very diffcult.
I prefer to work my legato and Hammer-on/Pull off with other exercises.
I don't love this kind of exercise, I don't feel it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 17 2019, 10:42 PM

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 26 2019, 11:34 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi

New take, Very difficult to improve it

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2019, 05:19 AM
It's sounding very spiff! I did notice about 7 second and about 13 seconds that there is a pinch of bleed between notes where it sounds more like a two tone chord and less like individual notes in an arpeggio. When playing at speed, it can be very tough to shift the pressure on the fretting hand fast enough to prevent more than one note from sounding at a time when playing an arppeggio. The way people typically fix this is with the planted palm mute technique we talked about earlier where the palm never lifts from the bridge. That way the notes are muted by the picking hand so that even if a full D chord is fretted, it can still sound like one note at a time is all that is being fretted.

This goes back to the bit about planting your palm on the bridge for a strong string mute and using just your thumb/first finger to move the pick. It's "Picking while muting".

However, your take is GREAT and I'd give you an 8 if i graded it myself right now. So you are doing great and have nothing to worry about to be honest. It's a very very small issue and I probably would not have noticed it had I not heard this same piece before. I only mention it as I don't see much else that could be fixed it's a very strong take.

Todd

Your
QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 26 2019, 06:34 AM) *
Hi

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Nov 28 2019, 12:01 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 26 2019, 10:34 AM) *
Hi

Very nice work!! I still practice this lesson from time to time because it is a great alt. picking exercise and not boring to play. The trickiest part for me to play was the transition around :14-:16.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 28 2019, 07:42 AM
Veteran Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 27 2019, 05:19 AM) *
It's sounding very spiff! I did notice about 7 second and about 13 seconds that there is a pinch of bleed between notes where it sounds more like a two tone chord and less like individual notes in an arpeggio. When playing at speed, it can be very tough to shift the pressure on the fretting hand fast enough to prevent more than one note from sounding at a time when playing an arppeggio. The way people typically fix this is with the planted palm mute technique we talked about earlier where the palm never lifts from the bridge. That way the notes are muted by the picking hand so that even if a full D chord is fretted, it can still sound like one note at a time is all that is being fretted.

This goes back to the bit about planting your palm on the bridge for a strong string mute and using just your thumb/first finger to move the pick. It's "Picking while muting".

However, your take is GREAT and I'd give you an 8 if i graded it myself right now. So you are doing great and have nothing to worry about to be honest. It's a very very small issue and I probably would not have noticed it had I not heard this same piece before. I only mention it as I don't see much else that could be fixed it's a very strong take.

Todd

Your

Hi Sarge,

Thank you for feedback, several section are very complicated about finger position.
I should try to improve palm muting.
I think submit to REC Section for december - if I feel it !

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Nov 28 2019, 12:01 AM) *
Very nice work!! I still practice this lesson from time to time because it is a great alt. picking exercise and not boring to play. The trickiest part for me to play was the transition around :14-:16.

Hi Degroot

I watched the other guitarists.
I think your performance is the best.You have a very casual playing.

Mine is a little more tense. Speed has never been easy for me.
I hope that I will be able to relax to finalize this lesson

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 28 2019, 07:47 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 3 2019, 03:33 AM
KRIS and I have had this conversation about SPEED in another thread which you may have seen. I'd suggest trying both of our approaches.
1.)FOCUS %110 Percent. Over focus. Get your brain as focused as it can be then push it more. Krist will be ablet o further give suggestions.

2.)Don't focus at all. Use anything, I mean anything, (movie/tv/podcast/etc.) to get your mind off the fact that you are playing and let your subconscious mind take over and put your fingers on autopilot. Try NOT to think about playing at all. Give this a couple of hours of looping a tricky spot.

Putting both of these together may help smile.gif Please let us know! :)Todd

QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 28 2019, 02:42 AM) *
Hi Sarge,

Thank you for feedback, several section are very complicated about finger position.
I should try to improve palm muting.
I think submit to REC Section for december - if I feel it !

Hi Degroot

I watched the other guitarists.
I think your performance is the best.You have a very casual playing.

Mine is a little more tense. Speed has never been easy for me.
I hope that I will be able to relax to finalize this lesson

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Dec 5 2019, 12:35 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Thank for advices todd

I post on REC Section

Wait and see rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:33 PM