Vocal Advice, I want to sing like this
Guitarman700
Dec 1 2008, 02:51 AM
GMC:er
Hi, sorry i dont have a recording, but i really want to train my voice so i can sing like THIS: VID!, Randy's voice is just amazing in this song, the way he uses different layers for different parts is awesome. i can almost do his midrange style, but the distortion he gets is just crazy, as is his range.

So, where do i start?
Tips?
Advice?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 1 2008, 02:55 AM
Best way to do it is to first sing along with the song and him and record on your phone or something quick and easy. Then try the song without him so try and find a backing and record a better version on pc or on phone and see if you're in key. The most important parts of any style of singing is still being on time and in key. Practice breathing exercies and like anything practice more and more and you'll get it eventually. I hope my random babbling helped biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Dec 1 2008, 03:00 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 30 2008, 08:55 PM) *
Best way to do it is to first sing along with the song and him and record on your phone or something quick and easy. Then try the song without him so try and find a backing and record a better version on pc or on phone and see if you're in key. The most important parts of any style of singing is still being on time and in key. Practice breathing exercies and like anything practice more and more and you'll get it eventually. I hope my random babbling helped biggrin.gif

Hmm.. that makes alot of since, ill get a vocal mic for christmas. and ear plugs for my family. laugh.gif
Ive heard Drinking tea before doing these kinds of vocals helps, can you recommend any exercises? i have weak, crappy lungs, so i NEED exercises, and Maybe lessons.
Thanks man!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Dec 1 2008, 03:17 AM
Im right now trying to record vocals for my band and Im having so much trouble so hey... I'm right there with ya

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 1 2008, 03:54 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
You guys will get some good advice here, but I would also suggest you post in Luciana's board as well.. smile.gif Good luck! wish I could sing... laugh.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...hp?showforum=58

+Quote Post
FrankW
Dec 2 2008, 05:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIx0h7_nF08

I want to sing like this!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:54 AM