New Recording Software, anygood?
shammy
Jan 6 2008, 10:20 PM
GMC:er
Check this out guys, looking to purchase it. Does anyone have any experience with it.

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.ph...96c110d263f77cd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 8 2008, 12:21 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I played a little with guitar rig 2...You will be needing a way to get the sound of your guitar into your computer with less latency as you can..Some kind of external sound card or something..I think its interesting software (if you get the sound into your computer right).I mainly use line6 toneport for recording (it features a similar software in it)..

EDIT: ok now I see you can buy or get the Foot kontroler with it (in which you can plug in your guitar) so it acts like external sound card.. http://www.native-instruments.com/index.ph...59c0bb62155128c

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Jan 8 2008, 12:25 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 8 2008, 01:03 PM
Instructor
It sounds great when recording to computer, i have a software version so for this purpose it's fine, as Bogdan mentioned you need a good audio interface with low latency to be able to monitor in real time. Not sure how it works with the foot controller.

And i'm not sure how it works on stage, would like to know if anyone tried it, how it sounds live. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 8 2008, 01:30 PM
Instructor
I've used it in the studio and it works great. But yes, you will need a fast computer and have at least latency as possible...

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 8 2008, 01:49 PM
Instructor
As I found on the web, for live playing you don't need fast computer, laptop of 700 MHz and 256MB RAM will do the job, because the foot controller has a built-in audio interface and you connect the computer through USB and the output signal goes directly from the foot controller, so you don't use the sound card from the laptop

I also wish to buy one, but for recording purposes I don't need the foot controller (already have the software version), so I'm waiting for some feedbacks on live use on stage smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smurkas
Jan 8 2008, 04:31 PM
GMC:er
I have worked alot with Guitar rig 2 since it's my primary way of recording in my home studio. If you buy the version with the foot pedal included you get a soundcard in the foot board just like the others said and it works great. I use it to record all my guitar and bass tracks. I would recommend that you get guitar rig 3 if you're thinking about buying it. The reviews I've read say that the sound card in the new foot board is better than the last one and the software has a better interface and some new amps and effects.

Sadly I have not played with it live and from what I've heard version 2 was not really up to the job because the sound cuts out for like a second when you switch between two sound patches. The new guitar rig 3 is supposed to do a better job and not have that slight pause between patch switching. It also comes with a live mode that changes the interface to show you just what you need to know when playing live.

I heartily recommend both version 2 and 3 for home recording but I can't recommend version 2 for the stage. Version 3 might be a safer bet there but I'm still kind of skeptical to bringing a laptop on stage and hoping nothing will go wrong in the software during a gig. Also just because you use their foot board it doesn't mean your stuck with their software. I use the foot board together with whatever amp simulation I use and it works great.

/Marcus

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:51 AM