Metronome Trouble...
fatstrat
Sep 4 2007, 08:34 AM
GMC:er
Hey Kris, I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your lesson on metronome practice, but I'm afraid I've become a little discouraged with using the metronome. It seems like its just repetition over and over again and the scales that I'm practicing are getting to be pretty boring. Any help?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 5 2007, 10:31 PM
GMC Founder
Hello Fatstrat,

This is a very motivated question - what you are feeling is something that often discourages people and can even make you want to put the guitar down.

Basically the key to any practice schedule is balance - if you are new to the guitar, only practicing scales can get really discouraging.

However, if you have been playing for a while without serious practicing, some "boring" scale/technique practcing can be what brings you to the next level.

My recomendation to you now - would be to leave the metronome practcing for a little while and just try to learn something new (riff, solo, song) that doesn't feel to challenging to you. Once you have done that you will return with a little more confidence and be able to tackle the metronome again.

Keep it fun! smile.gif
Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:36 PM