5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Tonyk - Impro-wise-note Choice Workout :)
tonyk
Mar 12 2014, 10:09 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 12 2014, 09:06 AM) *
You hand angles looks great now! smile.gif I would only add the whole wrist slide down when You go to play on high strings smile.gif Well done Tony!

Thanks Darius. I don't get the percussive effect you get when muting.am I not striking strings hard enough or is it where I'm muting or something else

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 12 2014, 03:07 PM
Instructor
Not necessary but it can be one of the reasons. Try to move Your palm a bit left. Remember to always keep the soft part of a palm with the strings when You palm mute.

More reasons are

1. Type of the tone
2. Type of guitar
3. Pick angle
4. Pick thickness (my thin pick give extra amount of "percussive" flavour. That one of many reasons I use those instead of thick ones. But this is just a tip...no a must

Can You post a vid of your best possible palm muting tone and similar cam angle to clearly see the right hand? Just like You did in previous posts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:44 AM