> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Rock Solo2
Rock solo
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

zoom
Mar 30 2010, 10:06 AM
Learning Roadie
HI Guys

2nd attempt at Rock Solo by Trond Vold https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-solo-beginner/
I'm at your mercy.
I've recorded with "Live" dawn and used Gearbox for amp mod's etc.
Thanks for your input much appreciated. I think mellow.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Apr 5 2010, 02:07 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 30 2010, 04:28 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
There are still some issues that you should work on. First you should always check the tuning of your guitar before you record something, it sounds out of tune here. Your bends and your vibrato contribute to this cause you have problems reaching the notes that you want to reach, thats definitely something you should work on. Also your timing is not good in the faster parts, so I would recommend to still practice this lesson before you give it another shot. Make sure you practice it slowly, with a click, and only improve the speed when you feel comfortable. And about your video, a bit more light would make things look much better wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Mar 30 2010, 05:29 PM
Instructor
well man, Marcus is right. first thing I heard was the fact the guitar is not completely in tune.
about the faster parts, I think you can play them, you have the skills, but they are a little bit messed up. so, the advice of play the licks with a click and playing them in slow tempo would be very useful for you.
anyway it was a nice take man. keep on practising.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 31 2010, 06:15 PM
Instructor
I agree with Lian and Marcus on this one.
I'm pretty sure that your able to play this perfectly, but it came out somewhat messy and unprecise in this attempt.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 2 2010, 04:30 PM
Instructor
All has been said, and I agree. Lighting needs to be better, guitar in tune, bending technique more precise and stronger, and synchronization between both hands better.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 5 2010, 02:07 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
A little more practice on this one man and you will have it! 6 on this take.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:25 AM