Opportunities In Guitar Music Career?, Can I make a steady living out of playing?
Spiderusalem
Sep 5 2007, 05:40 PM
GMC:er
I've decided that I love playing music enough to want to pursue it as an academic profession (major) in college. My only worry is how I'm going to make a career out of doing the thing I love.
Is it even possible to make a career out of knowing/playing guitar?

I mean, other than the possibility of getting famous, how else can a guitarist get paid for his craft? Can someone shed some light on this subject? All the music career websites I've found were not very helpful.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spiderusalem: Sep 5 2007, 05:41 PM

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 5 2007, 05:45 PM
Instructor
Teaching, being a studio musician, session musician, simply recording your own music and selling your albums....might not get you famous in sense of "Steve Vai" famous but you sure can make a career and earn enough to live from it. Building your own studio and producing might not be a bad thing to do. In the end each guitar player is a producer for himself so why not record and produce other bands/players?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 5 2007, 06:10 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Be a teacher, work in a music store or own one, keep rehearsal rooms for rent to bands, build guitars and or amps, write for a newspaper (ofetn done by musicians rather than journalists), write music/lyrics/melody/whole songs.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 6 2007, 04:41 AM
play in the streets maybe?

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 6 2007, 04:51 AM
I suppose you could always build or construct guitars and what not for fender or some major brand. I believe they hire you just have to be in the right area. And have a backround for it.

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:45 AM