Network Maintenance
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 5 2008, 11:38 AM
GMC Founder
Hello there,

We recently got this notification from the company that hosts the gmc main server (this is the server where you are sent first, that determines whether you are to stay in US or be directed to gmc mirror Europe site).

Although the following message is like Greek to me (ok bad expression I am half Greek laugh.gif ) - I understand that there might be short periods of downtime the period of January 5 to January 10

My apologises for this.

Kristofer

The datacenter that houses Guitarmasterclass servers has acquired additional space in the building which houses our DC2facility. They will be performing network maintenance and moving the power circuits of some customers. The maintenance window will be over the next five days from January 5 2008 to January 10 2008 between the hours of 12am to 6am EST (GMT-5) for short network maintenance intervals, and individual maintenance windows within a more specific timeframe for maintenance to power and/or to move your services. Network maintenance items will be performed autonomously with no notification within the allocated window. Power maintenance items will be performed after issuing prior notice. We're expecting nightly network maintenance for approximately 20 minutes per interval, and one power maintenance interval per customer or service, lasting for approximately 30 minutes. If you notice unavailability to your service outside of the allocated maintenance windows, or to make special accommodations, please contact us.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2008, 11:48 AM
Instructor
Hmmm, that may be the reason why the site didn't worked for the Balkan region another day... Maybe they are doing maintenance.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 5 2008, 12:10 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 5 2008, 11:38 AM) *
Hello there,

We recently got this notification from the company that hosts the gmc main server (this is the server where you are sent first, that determines whether you are to stay in US or be directed to gmc mirror Europe site).

Although the following message is like Greek to me (ok bad expression I am half Greek laugh.gif ) - I understand that there might be short periods of downtime the period of January 5 to January 10

My apologises for this.

Kristofer

So what's the european-mirror? I wanna know, I'm a european tongue.gif

edit: I think I found out smile.gif

This post has been edited by Constie: Jan 5 2008, 12:11 PM

--------------------
You can't take the effect and make it the cause

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 5 2008, 12:13 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Constie @ Jan 5 2008, 12:10 PM) *
So what's the european-mirror? I wanna know, I'm a european tongue.gif

edit: I think I found out smile.gif

Well as I get it, GMC is hosted on two servers , one in the US one in Europe...So if you come from europe (and they know it by your IP) you get redirected to European server wink.gif Same thing happens with US ip-s.. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Jan 5 2008, 12:14 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 5 2008, 12:18 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Jan 5 2008, 12:13 PM) *
Well as I get it, GMC is hosted on two servers , one in the US one in Europe...So if you come from europe (and they know it by your IP) you get redirected to European server wink.gif Same thing happens with US ip-s.. wink.gif

Exactly - if you see www2 in the URL when browsing the main page or a video lesson - then you are on the European server! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 5 2008, 12:22 PM
Lets go fishing!
Phew! i thought I would be homeless for a few days unsure.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 5 2008, 02:37 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 5 2008, 12:18 PM) *
Exactly - if you see www2 in the URL when browsing the main page or a video lesson - then you are on the European server! smile.gif

I knew it laugh.gif

--------------------
You can't take the effect and make it the cause

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:35 PM