Movies That Changed Your Mind...
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2014, 06:16 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! There are many movies that mark our life for different reasons, but in this thread the idea is to share those documental that has made you to change the way you perceive the world.

There are two of these that came to mind: Zeitgeist and What the bleep!. I was both movies some years ago and they has been first steps for me to continue investigating in both topics.

What about you?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 10 2014, 10:22 PM
Instructor
Cool adds Gab. To be honest I'm very curious of the world as well but my worst thing is that...I usually have a blank head when it comes to give examples...Sometimes I watch guys like David Ike or lately seen very interesting and sad as hell document about Polish Doctor who lives in U.S.A and provides non usual research about the cancer treatment. Try to find some movies about doctor Burzynski (Burzyński)...those made me think lately....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 11 2014, 06:59 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
when I dated a vegan girl (remember my song "too young"? that one) she told me about a movie called "Earthlings".
This movie discusses how people are treating animals and shows drastic examples. It is not for the faint-hearted, but I highly recommend it.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2014, 12:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 10 2014, 06:22 PM) *
Cool adds Gab. To be honest I'm very curious of the world as well but my worst thing is that...I usually have a blank head when it comes to give examples...Sometimes I watch guys like David Ike or lately seen very interesting and sad as hell document about Polish Doctor who lives in U.S.A and provides non usual research about the cancer treatment. Try to find some movies about doctor Burzynski (Burzyński)...those made me think lately....

Thanks for the suggestion, I will search about him...

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 11 2014, 02:59 AM) *
when I dated a vegan girl (remember my song "too young"? that one) she told me about a movie called "Earthlings".
This movie discusses how people are treating animals and shows drastic examples. It is not for the faint-hearted, but I highly recommend it.

I didn't watch the movie, I will. Are you Vegan now?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 11 2014, 01:51 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
No, I'm not vegan, but I eat much less meat than before. I buy meat and dairy products in small supermarkets that specialize in selling food that was produced in their region. So I actually know which farm the meat and cheese come from. it is a farm about 25 km away from my place and I actually visited it once. The food is a bit more expensive though.
But let me warn you again, there are terrible scenes in that movie. It is free to watch, just check their website.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2014, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 11 2014, 09:51 AM) *
No, I'm not vegan, but I eat much less meat than before. I buy meat and dairy products in small supermarkets that specialize in selling food that was produced in their region. So I actually know which farm the meat and cheese come from. it is a farm about 25 km away from my place and I actually visited it once. The food is a bit more expensive though.
But let me warn you again, there are terrible scenes in that movie. It is free to watch, just check their website.

Thanks again. I'm a bit scared of what I will find there but it's always better to know the truth. I'll bookmark it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 11 2014, 04:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm not sure I've watched any movie that I remember changing my view or mind on much really. Maybe some documentaries on which circumstances life can exist (like the fact that there are species of life on earth completely different from anything else, perhaps pointing to the fact that life could have existed TWICE on earth), and thus also changing my view on life in space (I still think there may be life in more planets than we think at first).

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2014, 03:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2014, 12:52 PM) *
I'm not sure I've watched any movie that I remember changing my view or mind on much really. Maybe some documentaries on which circumstances life can exist (like the fact that there are species of life on earth completely different from anything else, perhaps pointing to the fact that life could have existed TWICE on earth), and thus also changing my view on life in space (I still think there may be life in more planets than we think at first).

Do you know some cool movies about this?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 12 2014, 05:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 12 2014, 03:37 PM) *
Do you know some cool movies about this?

I don't remember the exact documentaries, but I actually believe it was something about life in the universe, which then also focused on the fact that there were these two branches of life on earth. One completely different from the one we know.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Mar 12 2014, 09:48 PM
GMC:er
okay here comes my small list,
Forks Over Knifes
Whale Wars(series)
The Corporation
Shark Waters
Zero Population(BBC Documentary)
Why Vegan?(Youtube Speech by Gary Yourofsky)
The Century Of The Self

And the one that I could never stop myself from falling a sleep while watching and waking up in terror but arguably had the most impact on me
Koyaanisquatsi(Life Out Of Balance on a side note also features grand music by mr Philip Glass)

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:01 PM