7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Modes Modulation Contribution (7 People Needed)
Stratman58
Jul 25 2007, 07:45 PM
GMC:er
Distortion as well.
Looks like Andrew is the only clean one among us biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
God said "Let there be LIGHT"
and Chuck Norris said "Say Please"

Gear:
Ibanez RG Prestige 1570 Mirage Blue
Fender Mexican Strat HSS Arctic White
G&L Climax Marble body (Found my Gotoh trem bar!)
Crate GT1200H Half Stack
PodXTLive board
Ibanez delay and chorus tank pedals
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 25 2007, 08:11 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Stratman58 @ Jul 25 2007, 02:45 PM) *
Distortion as well.
Looks like Andrew is the only clean one among us biggrin.gif

I always was a clean living guy ... but I see how this is going, so I have been practicing distorted Lydian tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Tank
Jul 25 2007, 08:17 PM
GMC Veteran
If mixo is still available, I'll have a go at it, I'm feeling brave. (I'll need to listen to the backing track though!). smile.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jul 25 2007, 09:11 PM
Instructor
Ok, Tank is on the Mixo. Looks like we'll be using distortion sound on this one.
There's only one left!
The Aeolian is there, hurry while it lasts!

Funny, I though Aeolian would be the 1st one to go... tongue.gif

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jul 25 2007, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Jul 25 2007, 03:11 PM) *
Ok, Tank is on the Mixo. Looks like we'll be using distortion sound on this one.
There's only one left!
The Aeolian is there, hurry while it lasts!

Funny, I though Aeolian would be the 1st one to go... tongue.gif

OK - well, I'll give it a shot. A Aeolian right? To make sure I understand, we are supposed to jam in the scale that we are assigned to over the entire backing track and not just one part, make an MP3 of just our lead and no backing track and send it to you. right?

QUOTE (jeff @ Jul 25 2007, 03:21 PM) *
OK - well, I'll give it a shot. A Aeolian right? To make sure I understand, we are supposed to jam in the scale that we are assigned to over the entire backing track and not just one part, make an MP3 of just our lead and no backing track and send it to you. right?

Sorry, now I understand about the back tracking. I'm in! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 25 2007, 09:35 PM
QUOTE (jeff @ Jul 25 2007, 04:24 PM) *

Sorry, now I understand about the back tracking. I'm in! smile.gif

Yeah, its just the 8 bars that match your assigned mode smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 25 2007, 10:27 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome!! Can't wait to hear the result biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 25 2007, 10:34 PM
Ok, here's my bit - do I get a prize for being first????

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GMC_Mode_Collaboration_Andrew_Lydian.mp3 ( 405.3K ) Number of downloads: 222

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 25 2007, 10:43 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 25 2007, 11:34 PM) *

Great playing and sound smile.gif

Is that the new JEM? It's LOUD, one can not even hear Wallimanns backingtrack. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 25 2007, 10:47 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 25 2007, 05:43 PM) *
Great playing and sound smile.gif

Thanks - yes that's the Jem ... and if you put enough distortion on, anything sounds good laugh.gif

Is that the new JEM? It's LOUD, one can not even hear Wallimanns backingtrack. laugh.gif

Its those high output pickups smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jul 25 2007, 11:07 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 25 2007, 04:34 PM) *

How did you do that so fast? huh.gif I'm still at work and I need to go home and work with the backing track a little. What did I sign up for?? blink.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 25 2007, 11:25 PM
What kind of style is this?? Any styles? Or fusion, or what?

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 25 2007, 11:31 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jul 25 2007, 06:25 PM) *
What kind of style is this?? Any styles? Or fusion, or what?

Its a collaboration, so it will be the synergistic total of the sum parts ...

Meaning everyone can just play what they play best and it will all work out somehow!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 25 2007, 11:35 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 25 2007, 05:31 PM) *
Its a collaboration, so it will be the synergistic total of the sum parts ...

Meaning everyone can just play what they play best and it will all work out somehow!

Ohh cool. Im gonna have to learn Aolian quickly, and hopefully be able to join in on this colaberation biggrin.gif

Wait Aolien is the Natural Minor scale.. Correct? I think it is

And isnt A Aolien just like the C Major scale?? Relative Minors right?

This post has been edited by Ryan: Jul 25 2007, 11:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 25 2007, 11:40 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jul 25 2007, 06:35 PM) *
Ohh cool. Im gonna have to learn Aolian quickly, and hopefully be able to join in on this colaberation biggrin.gif

Wait Aolien is the Natural Minor scale.. Correct? I think it is

And isnt A Aolien just like the C Major scale?? Relative Minors right?

Yes, but that's the wrong way to think of it ... you should really learn each mode individually and forget how they are related.

Aeolian is natural minor yes, and there is a lesson on it here.

Aeolian went already though, maybe if there is enough interest Dave will run another of these simultaneously ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 25 2007, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 25 2007, 05:40 PM) *
Yes, but that's the wrong way to think of it ... you should really learn each mode individually and forget how they are related.

Aeolian is natural minor yes, and there is a lesson on it here.

Aeolian went already though, maybe if there is enough interest Dave will run another of these simultaneously ...

Well im just trying to piece some things together. Sorry.

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jul 26 2007, 12:36 AM
Instructor
Ok guys.
All the spots are filled as follow:

Ionian: Nick 325
Dorian: Ezravdb
Phrygian: Stratman 58
Lydian: Andrew
Mixolydian: Tank
Aeolian: Jeff
Locrian: Mickey M

Record in distortion. Record your part only on the mode you picked.
The backing track goes through all 7 modes in order, so you should make sure you are playing over the correct segment of the backing track.
Once your lead recorded, post only your lead here. You want to make sure that only your guitar is heard, mno backing track.. That's why you need to have your guitar plugged directly in the computer. Listen to Andrew's take for an example...

Now I have a question.. I need to download Andrew's posted track on my computer to mix it with the rest of the song...

How do I do that? mellow.gif

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 26 2007, 12:38 AM
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Jul 25 2007, 07:36 PM) *
How do I do that? mellow.gif

Using firefox, click on it, it will open the player, then file->save as should do it.

Actually, right click on the link and save as should also work, but you need to rename it as an mp3 file.

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 26 2007, 12:39 AM

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jul 26 2007, 01:13 AM
Instructor
Ok, somehow I changed my internet security settings and it wouldn't allow me to download. It's fixed now.
I'll mix all your leads as they come in...

Thanks!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jul 26 2007, 01:20 AM
I would like to do it but i dont understand how to make songs out of 1 mode...

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:51 PM