> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Sum 41 Style, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Robinhola
Jun 18 2013, 09:47 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Sum 41 Style by Gabriel Leopardi

Okay... I just figured out I messed up the second and the fourth power chords... Oups tongue.gif

Thank you guys for your replies! I took your advice in consideration and redid a take. It is still not perfect but I think it's better. Thank you for letting me know. You might not think so, but your replies are helping a lot! I would like to focus on my "basics" before trying to get my guitar playing to the next level because it had been a really long time since I last practiced guitar.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Robinhola: Jun 19 2013, 06:40 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2013, 09:52 AM
Instructor
Hello and welcome to the REC Zone!

Mate, it is very good that you broke the ice and you started posting vids here - your progress will soon start moving forward. Here are my thoughts on this:

- You need to slow down the piece and work on your left right coordination and picking technique - at this point it is blurry and undefined 00:00 - 00:13
- Timing is an issue starting with 00:13 until 00:22

My suggestion is to slow the piece down until you can play every note perfectly and with good definition and then gradually raise the tempo until you reach the original one.

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 19 2013, 09:54 AM
Instructor
Very nice take mate! smile.gif You already know what's wrong with the chords smile.gif Unfortunately there are some timming problems - especially in the first half - focus to synchronize the accents with the drum beats - 0:12 to 0:22. Those parts with fast picking sounds more like tremolo picking than the precise rhythm values. Try to work on that - we need more precision in there smile.gif Nice tone and thanx for taking the good care with the tuning smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2013, 06:54 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I am a bit lost about what video grade here. Have you added the second video after Cosmin and Darius graded your first video? In that case you should start a new REC thread for the new take.

Regarding your playing in the second video: I think that you already learnt the whole thing perfectly now it's time to adjust your timing and sound in the palm muted riffs. I'm talking about the introduction an also the last two riffs. Work on this sections slower until you can make them sound tight. The verse and chorus are better but there is still room to make it sound tighter.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 20 2013, 08:28 AM
Instructor
Hey man smile.gif Please follow Gabe's suggestion and start a new REC thread for this second video and we will be happy to grade and offer our thoughts, so that you may advance in your guitar playing quest wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2013, 03:40 PM
Instructor
Thanks Cosmin for clarifying. I just graded the first take, but remember that the comments is for the second one.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 21 2013, 10:35 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 6

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:38 AM