Musicman Ax-series
Frederik
Mar 27 2009, 10:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
does anyone in here have experience with this series. i dont think its the same as the axis. but if it is, its really cheap

Link to the guitar

hope to get some reply
i know muris onw an axis

-frederik

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Frederik
Mar 28 2009, 02:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
anybody ? :s

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 28 2009, 02:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
Music Man had a cheap product series daughter company called OLP (like Fender has Squier or Gibson has Epiphone). Those OLP Music Mans had a bad reputatuion for quality so the company was closed...

Music Man is now launching a new daughter company with (hopefully) a better quality called Sterling by Musicman. This is the Sterling version of a Music Man Axis - I can not comment on the quality as the guitar is fairly new and I haven't seen one in a store by now. The specs tell you that it is a cheaper guitar (basswood, no name humbuckers, no name bridge) compared to the REAL Musicman guitars (which are awesome!)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
wrk
Mar 28 2009, 03:03 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Mar 28 2009, 02:39 PM) *
Music Man had a cheap product series daughter company called OLP (like Fender has Squier or Gibson has Epiphone). Those OLP Music Mans had a bad reputatuion for quality so the company was closed...

I didn't know the OLPs have a bad reputation(?). I was reading good reviews about the OLP MM1 (Axis) .. but true is, the one i got is not good quality. Nearly unplayable. I hope the Ax-series will be better.

+Quote Post
inertia
Mar 28 2009, 06:31 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Mar 28 2009, 09:39 AM) *

Music Man is now launching a new daughter company with (hopefully) a better quality called Sterling by Musicman. This is the Sterling version of a Music Man Axis - I can not comment on the quality as the guitar is fairly new and I haven't seen one in a store by now. The specs tell you that it is a cheaper guitar (basswood, no name humbuckers, no name bridge) compared to the REAL Musicman guitars (which are awesome!)

I'm pretty sure the regular axis is basswood as well, but yeah it definitely is less appointed. Hopefully it's a nice, less expensive alternative that's actually a decent guitar.

+Quote Post
Frederik
Mar 28 2009, 06:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
thanks for clearing this out, had a suspission about that. guees i wont get one of those, though im in love with the axis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:28 AM