David Walliman's Little Wing Lesson?
JuanMV
Mar 27 2011, 05:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey guys, this is probably a question for GMC’s staff. Has David Walliman’s Little Wing lesson been deleted for some reason? I just cannot find it.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Mudbone
Mar 27 2011, 06:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (JuanMV @ Mar 27 2011, 12:38 PM) *
Hey guys, this is probably a question for GMC’s staff. Has David Walliman’s Little Wing lesson been deleted for some reason? I just cannot find it.

Thanks!

Yup, it was deleted because it had tabs and GMC was worried about copyright issues.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Mar 27 2011, 07:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
Odd how they would accept the lesson if it had tabs in the first place... Shouldn't they have scrutinized it before publishing? Oh well...

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 27 2011, 07:26 PM
Instructor
GMC pays a license to teach copyrighted material. If I remember right, at that time it wasn't very clear the way we can use to teach those songs. Now, to avoid problems, instructors use words.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Mar 27 2011, 07:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Mar 27 2011, 02:23 PM) *
Yup, it was deleted because it had tabs and GMC was worried about copyright issues.

Understood. Couldn't it be possible to upload the lesson again without showing the tabs?

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 27 2011, 08:40 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
"Tabs" were shown on a video, it also could be dots on the fretboard, I don't remember this lesson, but many song lessons were deleted without any warning, because of the tabs/dots/anything but words. A terrible way of treating members that paid for the content and were even not given a warning few days before deleting to for example write down a tab from the videos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 31 2011, 02:35 PM
Instructor
Yes, Marek is right. These lessons have moving dot on the fretboard on the video itself, so it's a bit problematic, because it can be considered tabs. Unfortunately for all, we just didn't knew about it when lessons came out, but law is law. Consequences of leaving lessons would be far greater.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
frederick
Apr 1 2011, 02:42 AM
GMC:er
I guess same thing happend to his crazy train lesson

+Quote Post
JamesT
Apr 1 2011, 02:51 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I was working on this lesson too and was almost ready to record it. Not for the Rec or anything, just to get a nice take for keeping.
Would there be a way to re-post the backing track?

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 1 2011, 03:14 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
This was a great lesson, it would be great if it could be redone.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
frederick
Apr 1 2011, 03:16 AM
GMC:er
cant they put the lessons back on without the tabs,i lost half my bookmarks,there has got to be some way around the copywrite problem,i miss all those songs!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 1 2011, 07:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (frederick @ Apr 1 2011, 04:16 AM) *
cant they put the lessons back on without the tabs,i lost half my bookmarks,there has got to be some way around the copywrite problem,i miss all those songs!

Like I said my friend, the videos contain moving dot across the fretboard (similar to what you have in Guitar Pro on the fretboard). This can be considered tabbing by copyright, so it's not possible. If the videos were on, and somebody notices it is used for commercial purposes, it can prevent from GMC of doing business. I'm not an expert in this law, and cannot provide with any detailed info why the law is like this, but this is the general reason for these lessons, and future lessons. You will notice that these lessons now have vocal explanations.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Apr 16 2011, 01:36 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Check on youtube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:50 AM