2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Summer Ballad Collab, UPLOADS & COMMENTS
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 9 2010, 10:45 PM
Instructor
Here you can post takes for the collaboration, and I will comment on them.

You can check out the main topic here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=36216

Have fun smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 10 2010, 07:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here are my takes. Hope you like it.

Attached File  summer_ballad_collab_1.mp3 ( 3.18MB ) Number of downloads: 250

Attached File  summer_ballad_collab_WBT.mp3 ( 3.18MB ) Number of downloads: 234

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 11 2010, 08:31 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi Ivan, as mentioned before, excellent backing track, really enjoying jamming over this, anyways, heres my take, couple of flufs in there, I`ve been kinda out of love with the guitar for a little while, I`m grateful that you have inspired me with this track to get stuck in again, I`ve had a break for too long!! smile.gif

Attached File  ivan_summer_ballad_chris_with_BT.mp3 ( 1.74MB ) Number of downloads: 250

Attached File  ivan_summer_ballad_chris_no_BT.mp3 ( 787.68K ) Number of downloads: 198

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Aug 11 2010, 08:54 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Great take Chris!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 12 2010, 09:13 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Heres my take Ivan..

This post has been edited by maharzan: Aug 12 2010, 09:13 AM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 12 2010, 11:54 AM
Instructor
Great takes guys, will be doing comments later on today! Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JamesT
Aug 14 2010, 09:34 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Here is my take Ivan. This was a great BT to work on pentatonics. Actually, this longer track was a good opportunity to throw a some variety so I stuck an Aminor arpeggio in there in a couple of places and also some whammy bar stuff (that could've been better, I just sort of winged it tongue.gif ). I wanted to do mostly pentatonics and play fewer notes which at least I partially succeeded at I think.
Thanks again for the great backing. Looking forward to your comments.

Attached File  20100814_SummerBalladCollab_wbt.mp3 ( 3.18MB ) Number of downloads: 287

Attached File  20100814_SummerBalladCollab_nobt.mp3 ( 3.18MB ) Number of downloads: 265

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 17 2010, 08:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Ivan, here's my take smile.gif This is what I did:
I first made a full track, after 30 minutes of bad takes. It consisted of my solo, which partly consists of some octaves. I then decided the end was crappy, so I did a retake there. Then I decided I could use the octaves as background and lay down some extra lines and so I did. Then I thought, well, the part before the "chorus" is prety wacky, let's do that over. And then you have 4 different recordings glued together tongue.gif Hope you like it wink.gif

Everyone who listens, pls leave a little comment smile.gif smile.gif

Chris: Awesome take, I wish I could write solos like that.... very nice!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Summer_Ballad_NBT.mp3 ( 1.91MB ) Number of downloads: 169
Attached File  Summer_Ballad_WBT.mp3 ( 1.91MB ) Number of downloads: 197

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 17 2010, 08:42 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So what scale do you recommend I use to play over this?

QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Aug 17 2010, 03:28 PM) *
Hey Ivan, here's my take smile.gif This is what I did:
I first made a full track, after 30 minutes of bad takes. It consisted of my solo, which partly consists of some octaves. I then decided the end was crappy, so I did a retake there. Then I decided I could use the octaves as background and lay down some extra lines and so I did. Then I thought, well, the part before the "chorus" is prety wacky, let's do that over. And then you have 4 different recordings glued together tongue.gif Hope you like it wink.gif

Everyone who listens, pls leave a little comment smile.gif smile.gif

Chris: Awesome take, I wish I could write solos like that.... very nice!

That was really nice dude.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 17 2010, 08:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 17 2010, 09:42 PM) *
So what scale do you recommend I use to play over this?

That was really nice dude.

Thanks man! And to bump in (I hope you don't mind Ivan wink.gif ) The scale most suitable for you would be the Amin pentatonic scale. I read that you were new to writing solo's, therefore the pentatonic scale would be a great place to start! You can eventualy add some blues notes (Amin blues scale) or use the ful A Minor scale, but that might be a bit to much at once wink.gif

Amin pentatonic it is then smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 17 2010, 09:10 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Aug 17 2010, 03:44 PM) *
Thanks man! And to bump in (I hope you don't mind Ivan wink.gif ) The scale most suitable for you would be the Amin pentatonic scale. I read that you were new to writing solo's, therefore the pentatonic scale would be a great place to start! You can eventualy add some blues notes (Amin blues scale) or use the ful A Minor scale, but that might be a bit to much at once wink.gif

Amin pentatonic it is then smile.gif

Thanks dude, I'll get to work on this right away.

--------------------

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Aug 26 2010, 12:39 PM
GMC:er
Just a quick update: I´m not so sure I will be able to make & upload my take in time (which is already too late I think).
I was too busy at the office and tonight I´m off on a vacation with my family.
REALLY a pity - I enjoyed the BT a lot - and despite the A Minor scale recommendation I had some nice C Major scale licks prepared smile.gif

Sorry again - but I´m looking forward to the next one!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 28 2010, 05:46 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Ivan,
here is my take, the BT was really nice!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Jitty
Aug 28 2010, 06:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Ivan! I didn't sign up for this one, so I hope I can still participate. I really like this BT, it's awesome to solo over. Here's my take, the tone is a little muddy, I'm gonna try to fix that on the next one, I'm having some trouble figuring out my new POD.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Summer_Ballad.mp3 ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 219
Attached File  Summer_Ballad_no_BT.mp3 ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 222

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 29 2010, 03:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Ivan!

Hope this isn't too late. I waited too long to do this. sad.gif so it's just a quick improv. It's not the best i could ever do because it was rushed but hopefully it will work. I only know of at least one note i bent out of pitch that is noticable in the piece. Other than that, it should be fairly decent for a rushed project.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  summer_ballad_wbt.mp3 ( 1.27MB ) Number of downloads: 181
Attached File  summer_ballad_wobt.mp3 ( 1.18MB ) Number of downloads: 173

+Quote Post
MigeZ
Aug 29 2010, 08:38 PM
I absolutely love this backing so I had to make a take eventhough I didn't sign into this one sad.gif but I hope that I can participate. It's pretty much an improvisation and my fingers are now in thousand pieces as I tried to make a good take in one day. Well it's not perfect but here it is, I hope you can include it in the final mix happy.gif
Cheers and thanks for the great backing smile.gif Looking forward to some criticism wink.gif (yeah the run is a bit sloppy and some other mistakes here and there biggrin.gif )

This post has been edited by MigeZ: Aug 29 2010, 08:48 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  summer_collab_wbt.mp3 ( 3.06MB ) Number of downloads: 148
Attached File  summer_collab_nbt.mp3 ( 3.06MB ) Number of downloads: 153

--------------------
MigeZ
What doesn't kill you
Will only make you stronger

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 29 2010, 09:18 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (MigeZ @ Aug 29 2010, 02:38 PM) *
I absolutely love this backing so I had to make a take eventhough I didn't sign into this one sad.gif but I hope that I can participate. It's pretty much an improvisation and my fingers are now in thousand pieces as I tried to make a good take in one day. Well it's not perfect but here it is, I hope you can include it in the final mix happy.gif
Cheers and thanks for the great backing smile.gif Looking forward to some criticism wink.gif (yeah the run is a bit sloppy and some other mistakes here and there biggrin.gif )

Much more expressive than mine - it has variety to it. I especially loved the climax at the end! (that high note)
I did my take 10 minutes before I had to at church! laugh.gif I still made it - only a couple of minutes late. wink.gif

+Quote Post
MigeZ
Aug 29 2010, 09:30 PM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Aug 29 2010, 11:18 PM) *
Much more expressive than mine - it has variety to it. I especially loved the climax at the end! (that high note)
I did my take 10 minutes before I had to at church! laugh.gif I still made it - only a couple of minutes late. wink.gif

Thanks for the comment man smile.gif I had some problems with the first half because I couldn't come up with a melody so I kinda took the melody from the second half and made it a bit different (variety). Good take from you too smile.gif

--------------------
MigeZ
What doesn't kill you
Will only make you stronger

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 30 2010, 02:52 AM
So this is my contribution, its definitely the best I could have done smile.gif With that being said, this really the first time I have tried soloing over a backing track, or tried any kind of soloing for that matter. The only lead lines I know are Gary Moore's "Still Got The Blues" and Guns N' Roses "Don't Cry", the latter song I'm still learning actually tongue.gif In fact I'm learning it hear at GMC from the amazing Zsolt Galambos.

Anyhow, I tried doing a planned out solo in A minor, then realized I know nothing about soloing, or planning one out for that matter. I'm not even that familiar with the scale, I just know its one note (F#) different than E minor tongue.gif So I just winged it and recorded this. Its not in A minor, in fact its not in anything, the guitar is even tuned a half step down smile.gif This is the first take, I tried doing other takes, but for some reason Acid kept on recording late, and the solo got cut in half and never lined up with the track. I'm pretty happy with this, I know its not perfect, but I don't really care, I had a good time doing it. I know next year when I try it again it will be a lot better laugh.gif

Any feedback from you guys is appreciated. Don't be afraid to express your opinion, I got thick skin, I won't be offended by anything you say.

This post has been edited by Mudbone: Aug 30 2010, 10:15 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Summer_Ballad_Collab_with_backing_track.mp3 ( 2.54MB ) Number of downloads: 166
Attached File  Summer_Ballad_Collab_without_backing_track.mp3 ( 2.54MB ) Number of downloads: 132

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 31 2010, 04:45 PM
QUOTE (MigeZ @ Aug 29 2010, 03:38 PM) *

Hey dude I think your take is great, good job with the mixing smile.gif

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:31 PM