Feeling Inc Collaboration, Final mix
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Sep 27 2009, 05:43 AM
GMC:er
This is the final mix of the "Feeling Inc. Collaboration". I'm very sorry for the delay, but there were some guys that asked me for a little more time to upload their takes. So, I gave me because my idea is to hear you all. If you have any doubt about the comments, just let me know. Thank you very much for your participations and hope you like it. See you on the next one!!!

Attached File  Feeling_inc_Collaboration___Final_Mix.mp3 ( 51.33MB ) Number of downloads: 365

Jafomatic (0:00 – 1:52) : Talking about the topic of the collab, I’d give a little more expresion to the vibrato. It’s not bad at all, but I think it needs a little more relaxed movement. The bendings are very well tuned, but I would recommend to add a little vibrato when you reach the correct note.
Now, the melody is excelent, but I noted that every time the melody “explodes”, it goes down and I feel like it didn’t defined the idea. Besides this, you’re very very close. Congrats for your work!!

NoSkill (1:52 – 3:36): The melodic work is very very good. You should pay more attention to some bendings that goes a little further than should and work a little more the vibrato, so it will turn wider. It’s not bad, but it’s too soft. Listening to some players as Steve Ray Vaughan or Satriani in their ballads could help you.

UncleSkillet (3:36 – 5:20) : Very nice melody (It sounded very 80’s hard rocker). I think you should close a little more the idea of the solo, because it seems that it never defines. But the idea is very very good. You have to correct some tempo problem that makes the solo undefined, but you’re very close. I listened pmñy a few bendings, but they’re perfect. About vibrato, as I have marked to the other guys, you should wide the movement, so it will sound more agressive. The rest is very good!

Berglmir (5:20 – 7:04): The melodic work is great, but you should check out some details. First, is the election of notes over every chord, because, besides we’re working on one same scale for the notes that makes every executed chord, there some notes that fits better than other. Generally, for long duration notes, you should choose a note that be part of the fundamental triad of the sounding chord. Second, you should pay atenttion to the tempo. You have some little delays that blackened a lot the melody.
Your vibrato is very very good and there wasn’t too much bendings, so I can’t really analize them. If you correct what I marked, you’ll note an enormous progress. Let’s get on work!!

Leedbreak (7:04 – 8:48): Excelent tempo on the phrases. Talking about bendings, you have some problems on the bendings tune (You stay a little behind of the note) and the vibrato is not bad, but you should work wider, so it will be more agressive as I already said. The phrases you’re working in the middle fits very very good. That makes the melody very tasty, but you should pay attention on what I marked you before to have a better result.

JamesT (8:48 – 10:32): Very nice Vibrato and Bendins. The melody is also excelent. You just have to correct some Rhythmics misses in the end of the phrases and some technical details (some notes doesn’t sound very clear), but all this is to make your work perfect, because the take es really good. Congratulations!!

Marc_Maiden (10:32 – 12:16): Good job with the vibrato and bendings. The melody lacks a little of explotion (It sounded like it’s all calculated) and you have to work a lot on the cleannes of your sound on the fast licks, because there are some little noises that comes from not muting the strings correctly that turns your sound quite dirty. The rest is very nice.

Sollesnes (12:16 – 14:00): Excelent combination between technique and melody. Very nice vibrato and expresivity. Also, your control of the Rhythmic figures is great. Definitly an awesome job. Congratulations!!.

Kaznie_nl (14:00 – 15:44) : At the beginning, very nice melody and election of notes. In the second part, the are some notorious mistakes of notes and scale, specially on the fast parts. Your vibratos is very good and the bendings are almost none, so I couldn’t analize them properly. You should pay more atenttion on the executed notes and the bendings, because these are the only things that blackened your work.

Dexxter (15:44 – 17:28): Very nice Vibrato, but you missed the first bendings, where you have some detunes (Listening to all the track, I doubt it could be the guitar’s tune or any intonation problem). Talking about the melody, you catched perfectly the concept of working the slow parts applying vibrato. But I think that it needs a little more explotion in some parts, and, as I said before, correct the bendings.

Audiopaal (17:28 – 19:12): Excelent melody, it reminds me some movie’s music or something similar. Very nice vibrato and general concept. I think you missed some bendins, so I couldn’t really analized them properly to see how you’re working on this technique, but, you’ve made an exclenet job on the melody and vibrato. Congratulations!!

Enforcer (19:12 – 20:56) : Talking about the topic of the collab, it’s very well executed. Vibrato is very nice executed. The same for the bendings, with a perfect tune. The thing that you should specially work on are the duration of the notes and the cleannes on your fast licks, because they have some tempo problems and, in some techniques like Sweep Picking, you’re having problems to control the sounds that left the strings you already played. With only correcting this, you’ll develop a lot your final sound.

Nimrandir (20:56 – 22:40) : Very nice sound, also the melodic work is pretty good. You should pay more attention on the bendins and work a little bit more on the tunes in some cases (Some bendings are perfect and in some, you a go a little further). Vibrato is very well, but in some cases you could do it more agressive. As I said before, try to listen and copy the technique of Steve Ray Vaughan, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc. Very well done!

Crazyfret (22:40- 24:24): You should work on the bendings. The positive of it is that it looks like you note the detune of it in the moment and you instantly correct them. You should work on them so you can get the afination in only one stroke, without that extra movement. About Vibrato, is very nice. Also the melodic work is very good. But, as I said before, you have to give it a close, and end to the melody. It sound like it never explodes. But, in general terms, is very very good.

Sensible Jones (24:24 – 26:08) : Great melodic work and phrase. Vibrato could be more marked (wider) but it’s not bad at all and the bendings are very well. About rhythmic session, I found some mistakes that I think they come from an improvised work. However, you should pay attention on this because it’s a shame to blackend an awesome work with these little details. Great work, Congratulations!!.

Tolek (26:08 – 27:52) : Excelent melody and very good rhythmic work. You should work a little more on the Vibrato, so the note will have more “feeling”, and there weren’t too much bendings to analize, but, what I already heard, they were fine. I recommend to work on the Vibrato. With this, you’ll fulfill a lot your sound. Nicely done!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 27 2009, 11:47 AM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks, loooking forward for the next one smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 27 2009, 11:56 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Thanks a lot for the comments smile.gif
I agree I should have done more bendings, and I'll try to implement that next time!
I'm glad you liked my take though, and a very nice final mix smile.gif

Great job!

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Sep 27 2009, 01:37 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Thanks for the collab and comments Santiago smile.gif I'm going to work on the bends. And yeah I agree, a climax or explosion is missing, that would totally make my take more interesting.

Looking forward to the next collab smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 27 2009, 01:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Santiago!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Sep 27 2009, 04:35 PM
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Sep 27 2009, 07:43 AM) *
Nimrandir (20:56 – 22:40) : Very nice sound, also the melodic work is pretty good. You should pay more attention on the bendins and work a little bit more on the tunes in some cases (Some bendings are perfect and in some, you a go a little further). Vibrato is very well, but in some cases you could do it more agressive. As I said before, try to listen and copy the technique of Steve Ray Vaughan, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc. Very well done!

Thanks Santiago! smile.gif

Some bends may be a bit sharp because I sometimes get carried away and apply too much force smile.gif As for vibrato, I just felt that the "level of agressiveness" was enough biggrin.gif Plus, I was not very confident as I didnt practice this for long enough time, so those problems can be because of this.

Thanks for the comment and collab! smile.gif Looking forward for the next one!

This post has been edited by Nimrandir: Sep 27 2009, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
enforcer
Sep 27 2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks mate, I will work on the flaws you mentioned. It was a great backing, and was fun to play with it...

Can

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Sep 27 2009, 06:55 PM
Glad you like it guys!!. I hope that my advices can be helpful to you all

+Quote Post
Tolek
Sep 27 2009, 07:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for the comment. Again, I got convinced to work on my vibrato. biggrin.gif
Nice job, everybody!

This post has been edited by Tolek: Sep 27 2009, 07:53 PM

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Sep 27 2009, 10:35 PM
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Sep 27 2009, 06:43 AM) *
Berglmir (5:20 – 7:04): The melodic work is great, but you should check out some details. First, is the election of notes over every chord, because, besides we’re working on one same scale for the notes that makes every executed chord, there some notes that fits better than other. Generally, for long duration notes, you should choose a note that be part of the fundamental triad of the sounding chord. Second, you should pay atenttion to the tempo. You have some little delays that blackened a lot the melody.
Your vibrato is very very good and there wasn’t too much bendings, so I can’t really analize them. If you correct what I marked, you’ll note an enormous progress. Let’s get on work!!

Wow - thanks! Now I REALLY have to check out those theory lessons laugh.gif
Thanks´for the effort - looking forward to the next collab!

Cheers
Berglmir

+Quote Post
Boson
Sep 27 2009, 10:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Great work by all you guys, I enjoyed listening to this. smile.gif

Great mixing by Santiago too.

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Sep 28 2009, 02:56 AM
QUOTE (Berglmir @ Sep 27 2009, 10:35 PM) *
Wow - thanks! Now I REALLY have to check out those theory lessons laugh.gif
Thanks´for the effort - looking forward to the next collab!

Cheers
Berglmir

Hope that my advices can help you. Relax and take it easy. Don't feel it as a pressure. By correcting little details, you'll note a great advance wink.gif

QUOTE (Boson @ Sep 27 2009, 10:38 PM) *
Great work by all you guys, I enjoyed listening to this. smile.gif

Great mixing by Santiago too.

Thanks Boson. Glad you like it

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Sep 28 2009, 10:52 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey thanks for your comments Santiago. I do need to work on the basics still esp the bending, being a slow tempo track does pick up my flaws much more.

Love listening to the rest of the other participants and their takes on this collab. Always amazes me the diveristy in each take.

Alas I'll be leaving the guitar alone for a couple of weeks as I'm getting married this weekend and off on honeymoon thereafter biggrin.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 28 2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the comments Santiago and also for such a great BT to play over!!

I look forward to doing more Collabs like this!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Sep 28 2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks man, great learning collab with some great comments to build upon. biggrin.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
JamesT
Sep 29 2009, 01:31 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Thanks again Santiago for the comments and the awesome backing track!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Sep 30 2009, 04:37 AM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Sep 28 2009, 10:52 AM) *
Hey thanks for your comments Santiago. I do need to work on the basics still esp the bending, being a slow tempo track does pick up my flaws much more.

Love listening to the rest of the other participants and their takes on this collab. Always amazes me the diveristy in each take.

Alas I'll be leaving the guitar alone for a couple of weeks as I'm getting married this weekend and off on honeymoon thereafter biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 28 2009, 12:48 PM) *
Thanks for the comments Santiago and also for such a great BT to play over!!

I look forward to doing more Collabs like this!!!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Sep 28 2009, 03:17 PM) *
Thanks man, great learning collab with some great comments to build upon. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JamesT @ Sep 29 2009, 01:31 AM) *
Thanks again Santiago for the comments and the awesome backing track!

You're welcome guys!. Thank you all for your participation. I hope my advice would be useful for you all.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 30 2009, 02:18 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
UncleSkillet (3:36 – 5:20) : Very nice melody (It sounded very 80’s hard rocker). I think you should close a little more the idea of the solo, because it seems that it never defines. But the idea is very very good. You have to correct some tempo problem that makes the solo undefined, but you’re very close. I listened pmñy a few bendings, but they’re perfect. About vibrato, as I have marked to the other guys, you should wide the movement, so it will sound more agressive. The rest is very good!

I'm not sure why the placement and timing of my track in your mix sounded so off. By about a half second or so maybe. It was probably something I did when I rendered it that made thing difficult for you to add it in the final mix, so sorry about that.

Thanks for the comments. I've been working on the things you brought up in your comments but it is still something I'm struggling with. My vibrato either seems to be to aggresive or not enough depending on how I feel that day. Any suggestion on how I can maybe fix this would be great (an exercise maybe)?

Thanks again for the collab

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 1 2009, 02:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I understand now why my track in your mix sounded so off and out of time, it was my fault.

You used the second remix I uploaded and it was to wet with effects (Delay/Reverb). This is another lesson learned from your collab. Had you used the 1st track I uploaded everything would have sounded better with my take, IMHO.

Oh well, my mistake and it won't happen again. cool.gif

Still if you have some tips on vibrato control (wider) and bend+vibrato practice exercises (tips or tricks) that would be great.

Thanks man! smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Oct 1 2009, 02:42 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Oct 4 2009, 09:16 PM
What I can recommend to you Uncle is that when you want to do Vibrato, just relax your hand and be sure you feel the note. That's the only secret. If you relax you fret-hand enough, you'll get that movement that makes your Vibrato wider.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:30 PM