2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Still Alive N Kickin, Howz everyone doing?
zen
Apr 21 2011, 11:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Guys,

Howz everyone doing? I missed you all.
Been away for almost 7 months for pursuing other interests (brazillian jiu jitsu/grappling etc).
Now taking a break from it due to injuries.

But that's not the bad news. The bad news is that i haven't picked up the axe in 7 months.
So yea, back to 'smoke on the water' smile.gif .. Should be fun.

Please feel free to throw some lessons at me that might help me get back in the game.

Stay Metal

p.s - have been paying gmc all this while though.. now that's some kindda support eh ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
Apr 21 2011, 12:23 PM
GMC Administrator
Welcome back! I'd love to lend a hand I just need a little help first. What kind of lessons are you searching for? Specific style? Technique?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Apr 21 2011, 01:26 PM
Instructor
Welcome back man, hope the injuries are not too serious smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 21 2011, 01:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome back man. Hope you catch up quickly smile.gif Great SI lesson btw wink.gif

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: Apr 21 2011, 01:36 PM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 21 2011, 07:05 PM
Instructor
Hey man, it's good to have you back! smile.gif

Let us know what type of lesson you are looking for, and we will suggest something! smile.gif

Also, you can participate in video chat with me, I'm doing video chats every Sunday at 20.00 (GMT 00, London time), and it's completely free.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 21 2011, 07:53 PM
GMC:er
Welcome back smile.gif Glad you made it! Pick up your axe and start practicing! smile.gif
Hope to see you sat for vid chat.
Todd
QUOTE (zen @ Apr 21 2011, 05:20 AM) *
Hey Guys,

Howz everyone doing? I missed you all.
Been away for almost 7 months for pursuing other interests (brazillian jiu jitsu/grappling etc).
Now taking a break from it due to injuries.

But that's not the bad news. The bad news is that i haven't picked up the axe in 7 months.
So yea, back to 'smoke on the water' smile.gif .. Should be fun.

Please feel free to throw some lessons at me that might help me get back in the game.

Stay Metal

p.s - have been paying gmc all this while though.. now that's some kindda support eh ?

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 21 2011, 08:12 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
What did You think to leave the guitar for such a long time, have You any idea how bad an abandoned guitar must feel?! mad.gif Redemption is possible only by endless practice!;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 21 2011, 09:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Oh wow, great to have you back! smile.gif

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Apr 21 2011, 10:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome to hear you're back. biggrin.gif Always do what matters the most to you, - sorry to hear about your injuries. Heal fast smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 21 2011, 10:24 PM
GMC:er
I must say, well said. Penance! Your guitar demands Penance! smile.gif

SALVATION = PRACTICE

Todd
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 21 2011, 02:12 PM) *
What did You think to leave the guitar for such a long time, have You any idea how bad an abandoned guitar must feel?! mad.gif Redemption is possible only by endless practice!;)

+Quote Post
zen
Apr 21 2011, 11:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Justin Myrick @ Apr 21 2011, 10:23 PM) *
Welcome back! I'd love to lend a hand I just need a little help first. What kind of lessons are you searching for? Specific style? Technique?

Hey man, nice to meet you .. the kind of lessons that sound great and help with right-left hand sync/ picking smile.gif

QUOTE (Jerry Arcidiacono @ Apr 21 2011, 11:26 PM) *
Welcome back man, hope the injuries are not too serious smile.gif

HI Jerry, hope you are doing well. Yea, they are not serious but I enjoy that discipline equally smile.gif

QUOTE (quadrium @ Apr 21 2011, 11:36 PM) *
Welcome back man. Hope you catch up quickly smile.gif Great SI lesson btw wink.gif

Dogukan,

thanks Dogukan, nice to meet you. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 22 2011, 05:05 AM) *
Hey man, it's good to have you back! smile.gif

Let us know what type of lesson you are looking for, and we will suggest something! smile.gif

Also, you can participate in video chat with me, I'm doing video chats every Sunday at 20.00 (GMT 00, London time), and it's completely free.

Hi Ivan, been a long time, hope you're doing great. I'll try to make it to the chats .. cheers

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 22 2011, 05:53 AM) *
Welcome back smile.gif Glad you made it! Pick up your axe and start practicing! smile.gif
Hope to see you sat for vid chat.
Todd

Thanks Todd, i'll try to make it to your chats. Need to get that picking sync back. Good to see you're continuing them.
PRACTICE !!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 22 2011, 06:12 AM) *

haha.. indeed Marek... Hope things are good with you. You were one of the few who never looked at the guitar neck while playing tongue.gif .. howz your practice goin?

QUOTE (thefireball @ Apr 22 2011, 07:33 AM) *
Oh wow, great to have you back! smile.gif

Thanks man, howz everything with you? You were putting in a lot of practice time last time i saw your posts. It would've paid off smile.gif

QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Apr 22 2011, 08:10 AM) *
Awesome to hear you're back. biggrin.gif Always do what matters the most to you, - sorry to hear about your injuries. Heal fast smile.gif

Thanks bro, could'nt agree more. Good to be back smile.gif .. Now hand me all your guitar skills NOW !!! Did someone end up making pills for these things yet??
blue pill = shredding guru
red pill = blues god

smile.gif
i need caffeine

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 22 2011, 01:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
was wondering where you were
hope your injuries heal well
as for something to get you back on track -
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/yngwie...een_style_solo/

+Quote Post
zen
Apr 22 2011, 02:28 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 22 2011, 11:37 AM) *
was wondering where you were
hope your injuries heal well
as for something to get you back on track -
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/yngwie...een_style_solo/

Hey man, long time..howz your practice goin?
As for that lesson suggestion .. LOL .. its certainly a must 'watch' ..& very entertaining. smile.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 22 2011, 11:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zen @ Apr 21 2011, 11:40 PM) *
Now hand me all your guitar skills NOW !!! Did someone end up making pills for these things yet??
blue pill = shredding guru
red pill = blues god

Hi Zen, great to see you again cool.gif So you've been getting into Brazilian Jujitsu then ? I recently took up Karate and sort of hurt my elbow joints by running at a wall.... as you do... rolleyes.gif

As for the pills.. nah, they don't work. The real secret, as all the other guys here have gradually discovered, is donuts. You heard it here first... wink.gif But the key is moderation, we all want to play like Yngwie but not necessarily look like him tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 22 2011, 11:25 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hehe Zen, You remember the "no looking struggle of mine" tongue.gif Practice is going really well, I signed for private lessons with the High Priest of Donut-ism, it keeps the guitar-fire burning:) Yet I sometimes look at the fretboard while playing, especially while rehearsing - must put some extra effort to overcome it;)

Actually I also wondered where You are, as the number of cool + pro metal covers decreased due to Your leave.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Apr 22 2011, 11:35 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 22 2011, 09:00 PM) *
Hi Zen, great to see you again cool.gif So you've been getting into Brazilian Jujitsu then ? I recently took up Karate and sort of hurt my elbow joints by running at a wall.... as you do... rolleyes.gif

As for the pills.. nah, they don't work. The real secret, as all the other guys here have gradually discovered, is donuts. You heard it here first... wink.gif But the key is moderation, we all want to play like Yngwie but not necessarily look like him tongue.gif

haha.. damn!! i havent had a donut in ages.. been on a healthy diet. I guess that's gotta change wink.gif
Yea, most full contact martial arts come with injuries. It's just part of the game.
Injury management becomes a skill in itself..

Good to be in touch with you again Ben. Hope the opponent within is being taken care of well smile.gif

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 22 2011, 09:25 PM) *
Hehe Zen, You remember the "no looking struggle of mine" tongue.gif Practice is going really well, I signed for private lessons with the High Priest of Donut-ism, it keeps the guitar-fire burning:) Yet I sometimes look at the fretboard while playing, especially while rehearsing - must put some extra effort to overcome it;)

Actually I also wondered where You are, as the number of cool + pro metal covers decreased due to Your leave.

lol, man, i cant play a single note without my eyes. That always amazed me.
I'm sure you're progressing very well with Ben. Just watch out for his karate chops smile.gif

Played heaps of riffs today to get me warmed up and basically just have fun. New vid coming tonight or tomorrow \m/ .. Hope you like Killswitch

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 22 2011, 02:57 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hey Zen, welcome back cool.gif

Easy with the guitar now man, don't injure yourself with it too! wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 22 2011, 05:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey, Zen! My practice going great! I've come a pretty good ways these 7 months. smile.gif

+Quote Post
zen
Apr 23 2011, 09:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Fran @ Apr 22 2011, 11:57 PM) *
Hey Zen, welcome back cool.gif

Easy with the guitar now man, don't injure yourself with it too! wink.gif

Thanks Fran.. Good goin with the knowledgebase. It has grown a fair bit.
I can atleast go back and browse what I've missed smile.gif

QUOTE (thefireball @ Apr 23 2011, 02:32 AM) *
Hey, Zen! My practice going great! I've come a pretty good ways these 7 months. smile.gif

The number of hours you were putting in, it better be good laugh.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Apr 23 2011, 11:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Zen

Welcome back.

I did ninjutsu (the traditional one) the training was so hard I had pain and injuries every time. Sometimes I even could walk normaly when I had to work.

Now I focus only on playing guitar. This satisfies me the most.

Hope the guitar will satisfy you too again!!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:55 AM