2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Favourite New Band?
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2010, 04:11 AM
Instructor
Hi guys! I started this topic with the objetive of discovering new amazing bands around the world. I would like to know which is/are your favourite band/s discovered in the last 2/3/4 years? This means that the band only has recorded one or two albums... or maybe just some singles.

If you don't have any new band to name here, at least let us know the last great band that you discovered (no matter how old it is).

Let's make this topic a good place to discover awesome new bands, musicians and composers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
holoshreder
Sep 23 2010, 05:21 AM
GMC:er
cool topic!

This a Great Portuguese Folk band Called Gwydion Just love them and its always a HUUUUUUUUUUJE PARTY live

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
MEN! BANG YOUR HEAD...MEN! WAKE THE DEAD!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 23 2010, 05:29 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 22 2010, 10:11 PM) *
Hi guys! I started this topic with the objetive of discovering new amazing bands around the world. I would like to know which is/are your favourite band/s discovered in the last 2/3/4 years? This means that the band only has recorded one or two albums... or maybe just some singles.

If you don't have any new band to name here, at least let us know the last great band that you discovered (no matter how old it is).

Let's make this topic a good place to discover awesome new bands, musicians and composers!

I mostly listen to music just while exercising. The bands I like to listen to are generally very simple. Myself I never like to play anything simple, I always play things that are challenging. I am thinking one day maybe someone (how about you Gabriel?) will find a way to integrate sophisticated play with a popular sound. That is really what Led Zep did. Anyway, I came across this yesterday, a cover of one of my favorite songs, Mathew Sweet's "Sick of Myself". This band may be well known, I don't know. Bowling For Soup did another cover of this great song.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Sep 23 2010, 06:15 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Theres so many I can list, but here are just a few.

Five Finger Death Punch have only been around a few years, but they have a well developed sound. Its amazing how they can tune down to B and still have a really tight sound. They have a lot of good songs that I like, but today this is the song I like the best.

Volbeat is a band I just found out about last month, and they got an approach to metal that I really dig. They do a hybrid of rockabilly Johnny Cash and metal. Its not an incredibly original sound, but it is exceptionally well executed, and in the end thats all that matters. If I could sum up their music in two words, it would be "brutally fun" smile.gif

And last but certainly not least, is Porcupine Tree. Ya, I know, they're not really new, but its only recently they have became a big name band. And if you haven't heard of them, you should definitely check them out. If I could describe their sound, it would be like Pink Floyd and Tool making a baby tongue.gif They have so many good songs, I really had a hard time choosing one to post. So I chose the first song of theirs that I heard back in '04 I believe. Hopefully after hearing this you'll become a Porcupine Tree convert as well smile.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2010, 06:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (holoshreder @ Sep 23 2010, 01:21 AM) *
cool topic!

This a Great Portuguese Folk band Called Gwydion Just love them and its always a HUUUUUUUUUUJE PARTY live

They sound great! I'm sure that Lian will love this band! biggrin.gif Have you listened Lian's band called Tersivel?

QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 23 2010, 01:29 AM) *
. I am thinking one day maybe someone (how about you Gabriel?) will find a way to integrate sophisticated play with a popular sound. That is really what Led Zep did.

I really agree with this... I was born to save the music in this world... hahahah just kidding. laugh.gif
I think that it's easier to write a complex piece of music than writing a song that combines those things that you described. I think that those things are the ones that made bands like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who,, so special.

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Sep 23 2010, 02:15 AM) *
Theres so many I can list, but here are just a few.

Five Finger Death Punch have only been around a few years, but they have a well developed sound. Its amazing how they can tune down to B and still have a really tight sound. They have a lot of good songs that I like, but today this is the song I like the best.

Volbeat is a band I just found out about last month, and they got an approach to metal that I really dig. They do a hybrid of rockabilly Johnny Cash and metal. Its not an incredibly original sound, but it is exceptionally well executed, and in the end thats all that matters. If I could sum up their music in two words, it would be "brutally fun" smile.gif

And last but certainly not least, is Porcupine Tree. Ya, I know, they're not really new, but its only recently they have became a big name band. And if you haven't heard of them, you should definitely check them out. If I could describe their sound, it would be like Pink Floyd and Tool making a baby tongue.gif They have so many good songs, I really had a hard time choosing one to post. So I chose the first song of theirs that I heard back in '04 I believe. Hopefully after hearing this you'll become a Porcupine Tree convert as well smile.gif

Cool recommendations! I'll check more songs from Five Finger Death Punch (great riffing and powerful song!) and Volbeat ("brutally fun" hahah nice description, you could be their press manager!). Regarding Porcupine tree, I love their music... and I could add them in this topic because I've discovered the band one year ago and they blown my mind. I also checked Steven Wilson side projects and are really cool.

This is one of my favourite songs:

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 23 2010, 06:25 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 23 2010, 09:16 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I've seen a couple of great new bands at a big open air festival here in Bochum this and the last summers.
This year, Royal Republic from Sweden were my favourite newcomers. Amazing live show, so much energy, and a cool attitude! I gotta admit, the song sounded more powerful live!

Eternal Tango from Luxemburg were also on the festival, also a really cool band that I have seen again when they supported Bad Religion, and they sure knew how to entertain the crowd!

Another cool act that appeared this year and in the years before was the german band MBWTEYP (check youtube for the full name...), you have to see them live because the personalities of the musicians and the stage show they do play a huge role, but this is their best tune...their music is kinda experimental or proggy at times, sometimes reminds me of Queen. Be sure to check them out!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Mr T
Sep 23 2010, 10:19 AM
One of my favourite new bands in The Hickey Underworld from Belgium.. they only have one album and its a very strong debut.

Another band: Karnivool. They are from Australia, they've been around for a few years but I only discovered them quite recently.

Baroness. Quite some people know this one already. They've released two albums in the past 3 years.

Radio Moscow, great band that deserves more listeners smile.gif

Enjoy cool.gif

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
alvaroshredd
Sep 23 2010, 11:00 AM
WOW! cool unknown songs xDD. I´ll post this one from the band of a grat drummer on youtube ou may know called machine gun smith. The band is called black metal box and for me it has some really cool songs as this one. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69nHpBFrx1A

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 23 2010, 11:17 AM
Learning Tone Master

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Sep 23 2010, 12:20 PM
Learning Roadie
I found this band very awesome, but they're quite old.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 23 2010, 04:56 PM
Instructor
gotta go with the raconteurs, jack white is a GREAT guitar player too, that solo melts my face everytime!

This post has been edited by Adrian Figallo: Sep 23 2010, 04:58 PM

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 24 2010, 12:17 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 24 2010, 01:39 AM
Learning Roadie
I love Red. They are really new. They have only 2 records out. (They have 2 deluxe versions of the two records, but that doesn't count.) tongue.gif

The Letter Black is also pretty new. They used to be known as Breaking the Silence.

And I really like Skillet. However, they've been around for quite a while. happy.gif

This post has been edited by thefireball: Sep 24 2010, 01:40 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 24 2010, 07:37 AM
Instructor
wou! this topic is becoming an amazing place to discover great music!! Thanks everybody for the posts. I'll give my feedback after checking every video. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Shime
Sep 24 2010, 09:23 AM
As for metal: REVOCATION.

They made me fall in love with thrash/death all over again! They have a few vids on youtube but more importantly their entire debut album with Relapse is up for listening here.

smile.gif

This post has been edited by Shime: Sep 24 2010, 09:24 AM

+Quote Post
alvaroshredd
Sep 24 2010, 11:05 AM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 24 2010, 12:39 AM) *
I love Red. They are really new. They have only 2 records out. (They have 2 deluxe versions of the two records, but that doesn't count.) tongue.gif

The Letter Black is also pretty new. They used to be known as Breaking the Silence.

And I really like Skillet. However, they've been around for quite a while. happy.gif

yeah!I agree red is amazing!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 24 2010, 04:56 PM
Instructor
wow some great bands in this post!

THanks!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 27 2010, 08:09 PM
Learning Tone Master

+Quote Post
badfingers93
Sep 27 2010, 11:13 PM
My favorite band that i discovered last year....

+Quote Post
zicco
Sep 27 2010, 11:38 PM
Alter Bridge is a great new band with a really good singer, Myles Kennedy tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:31 AM