Hey.., From Scotland
Owen
Jun 17 2007, 02:04 PM
GMC:er
Hey! I'm Owen, 16, and live in Scotland - haggis, kilt's, shortbread and all that.

I play a telecaster masquerading as a Fender (I'm not sure what It actually is, but it sounds good - one of the two humbuckered funny shaped pickguard ones) through a Line 6 Flextone II amp. Both have suffered much accidental abuse at the hands of moi tongue.gif

Im trying to learn Pavel's Speed Metal Riffs 3 at the mo and I'm going to get it up to tempo even if it kills my fingers. laugh.gif

Listen to tonnes of obscure and not so obscure metal bands:

Opeth, Disbelief, Thus Defiled, Gojira, Symphony X ect ect

And I found this site via Ultimate-Guitar.com, loving it so far.

So yeah, hello to you all! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Owen: Jun 17 2007, 02:12 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 17 2007, 02:39 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Welcome Owen smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 19 2007, 03:08 PM
Hi Owen,

Welcome to GMC. It sounds like you've already been playing guitar for a while which is great. I'm sure you will find just what you're looking for here to move to the next level (like getting Pavel's lesson up to speed regardless of what your fingers have to say about it smile.gif).

+Quote Post
Owen
Jun 19 2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks! smile.gif

Yeah, I've been playing for 2 and a half years now, which I suppose is a reasonable amount of time.

I joined because I've been a bit lazy with playing my guitar of recent and like you say I want to move to the next level and keep progressing at a steady pace, I think theres a bit of a tendency to get lazy after the basics are mastered, I've certainly felt that anyway. So I want to get out of my rut tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2007, 05:30 AM
Instructor
Hi Owen! Welcome to GMC!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 20 2007, 03:43 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Owen @ Jun 19 2007, 02:09 PM) *
Thanks! smile.gif

Yeah, I've been playing for 2 and a half years now, which I suppose is a reasonable amount of time.

I joined because I've been a bit lazy with playing my guitar of recent and like you say I want to move to the next level and keep progressing at a steady pace, I think theres a bit of a tendency to get lazy after the basics are mastered, I've certainly felt that anyway. So I want to get out of my rut tongue.gif

Hi there Owen - we'll see you around in the forum!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:26 AM