My Bands New Music Video
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 8 2015, 09:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey guys, just wanted to share a new music video my band just published smile.gif

We've finished recording the first album and it should come out in a few months, it was a great experience for me and I was involved in composing/recording of 4 songs. I'm really looking forward to see the feedback we get when it goes out as the music style we play is a bit rare in our country. I didn't play bass in this song so I'm just the actor this time hehe smile.gif

In short the song is about broken love and the title in rough translation means : I don't see us

Hope you like it smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 9 2015, 12:08 AM
GMC:er
Super congrats! Very spiff looking vid and cool tune! Have you guys thought about doing english versions as well smile.gif
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 8 2015, 04:59 PM) *
Hey guys, just wanted to share a new music video my band just published smile.gif

We've finished recording the first album and it should come out in a few months, it was a great experience for me and I was involved in composing/recording of 4 songs. I'm really looking forward to see the feedback we get when it goes out as the music style we play is a bit rare in our country. I didn't play bass in this song so I'm just the actor this time hehe smile.gif

In short the song is about broken love and the title in rough translation means : I don't see us

Hope you like it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 9 2015, 07:34 AM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome song, I like it very, very much!!! Also the video looks really great smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 9 2015, 10:01 AM
GMC Founder
Awesome song indeed, can't wait to hear how the album is received!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 9 2015, 05:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
very cool video. really well constructed, you guys done an excellent job on that smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 10 2015, 09:36 PM
Thanks for listening to the song! smile.gif

@Todd : that is a good question about English versions. I think that it an issue which a lot of bands from non english speaking countries face? Should you sing in english or in your native language? Here in Serbia it would be really hard to make it if you'd sign in English. Only a few bands managed to pull it off. On the other hand, that way the music gets limited to only a small region. If you sing in English, you can manage to make it "online" but there will be no live gigs then or highly unlikely and I don't think a band can really make it without live shows.

When it comes to singing language my choice was always leaning towards the native language, it would be interesting to hear how's the situation in other parts of the world?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 11 2015, 02:13 AM
Learning Roadie
I really dig it Bogdan!

No idea what any of the lyrics mean but I really dig the mood and the slide guitar cool.gif

Sweet cameo too biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 11 2015, 04:41 AM
Would it be possible just to make an English version for youtube? That way the song could travel a bit farther and perhaps go more viral? I"m very curious to hear it where I can understand the lyrics? Sadly, we have very poor language education in the states so we mostly speak only our mother tongue. Unlike Europe where folks speak 5 languages which is flat out AMAZING to us smile.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 10 2015, 04:36 PM) *
Thanks for listening to the song! smile.gif

@Todd : that is a good question about English versions. I think that it an issue which a lot of bands from non english speaking countries face? Should you sing in english or in your native language? Here in Serbia it would be really hard to make it if you'd sign in English. Only a few bands managed to pull it off. On the other hand, that way the music gets limited to only a small region. If you sing in English, you can manage to make it "online" but there will be no live gigs then or highly unlikely and I don't think a band can really make it without live shows.

When it comes to singing language my choice was always leaning towards the native language, it would be interesting to hear how's the situation in other parts of the world?

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 11 2015, 08:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Brilliant. wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 12 2015, 02:03 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 11 2015, 05:41 AM) *
Would it be possible just to make an English version for youtube? That way the song could travel a bit farther and perhaps go more viral? I"m very curious to hear it where I can understand the lyrics? Sadly, we have very poor language education in the states so we mostly speak only our mother tongue. Unlike Europe where folks speak 5 languages which is flat out AMAZING to us smile.gif

This is something a bit tricky to pull off in terms of keeping the reputation as an artist. It's weird but audience and fans here would not understand such a move and bands that did similar stuff never really got support for it. Usually that would be done by artists which participate in Eurovision contests etc so the fans would think you are trying to "sell out" or that you are doing it just to get famous or something. It is really weird how audience locally here resonates on such moves by bands, not sure if it is the case in other non english speaking countries? I personally think that English version would be cool but only if the lyrics writer and singer could do it "from the soul". This is tricky to pull of as the song is already composed and lyrics written so any additional tweaks would need to be in a way forced. It is tricky indeed as in the end the what happens is that band locks itself up to a small audience, intentionally and being aware of it and not being able to do anything about it which can get frustrating.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2015, 04:22 PM
Instructor
Great video and song Bogdan! I can hear some Oasis influences here! Good job! All the best with your band, you sound very professional.

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 11 2015, 10:03 PM) *
This is something a bit tricky to pull off in terms of keeping the reputation as an artist. It's weird but audience and fans here would not understand such a move and bands that did similar stuff never really got support for it. Usually that would be done by artists which participate in Eurovision contests etc so the fans would think you are trying to "sell out" or that you are doing it just to get famous or something. It is really weird how audience locally here resonates on such moves by bands, not sure if it is the case in other non english speaking countries? I personally think that English version would be cool but only if the lyrics writer and singer could do it "from the soul". This is tricky to pull of as the song is already composed and lyrics written so any additional tweaks would need to be in a way forced. It is tricky indeed as in the end the what happens is that band locks itself up to a small audience, intentionally and being aware of it and not being able to do anything about it which can get frustrating.

It's curious to know that this is the same thing that happens at my country and that's why we are not very motivated to try English versions...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 13 2015, 01:39 AM
Yeah that's stuck between a rock and a hard place!

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 11 2015, 09:03 PM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:22 AM