Another New One/ Tone Testing
The Uncreator
Jul 24 2010, 06:36 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Its 1:30 a.m. here, Since 10:30 p.m. I've just been playing random stuff and experimenting more with those AmpSims - I came up with this little piece.

I went for a basic structure that was just fast, and pretty brutal. Some cool little Necrophagist-esque fills here and there. Its still a demo mix, there isn't any bass right now, But my guitar is tuned down to A Standard (ADGCFAD) so it kinda feels like it smile.gif Lyrics are still in progress as are the vocal recordings - Drums are only semi done, but Id like to hear what you think of the tone and song.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Untitled_Cosmic_Devastation.mp3 ( 10.3MB ) Number of downloads: 205

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 24 2010, 07:22 AM
Learning Tone Master
I think there was some really cool riffs here, the part that starts with the panning and then the solo sounds great.

Soundwise, i'm not that thrilled even that some rhytm parts sounds ok. The intro riff would have benefit from a little less gain, now its quite messy in my ears. The guitars are razor-sharp in my ears (nothin wrong with that), but lacks some body imo. It would have been interesting to know which simulators You have gone through, since I made the same bout a year ago with almost everyone that was available then. The conclusion I got back then was that no simulator can't really replace a really hot tube-amp, but as said - thats just my personal thought.

Musical wise I cant really tell how it gonna sound when completed, since I lack some sort of melody on top, vocals would have been great on this one. The playing is tight but yeah, the drums needs some programming....

Otherwise, I think You made some real progress in Your song-writing on this one and it sounds cool to me! smile.gif

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 24 2010, 03:42 PM
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jul 23 2010, 11:22 PM) *
The intro riff would have benefit from a little less gain, now its quite messy in my ears. The guitars are razor-sharp in my ears (nothin wrong with that),

Thats odd, I intentionally kept off the gain knob for this one, thanks for the expert ears - will make a few tweaks and adjustments! smile.gif

Drums are befuddling me for now, can't find any grooves I like.

EDIT

I uses these AmpSims in this order.

LePou SoloC
Nick Crow 8505
keFIR (Impulse loader)

EDIT Again

Thanks again Staffy, If you wouldn't have noticed the sharpness in tone - I probably wouldn't have noticed all the sims are set to low quality ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 24 2010, 04:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 24 2010, 04:42 PM) *
Thats odd, I intentionally kept off the gain knob for this one, thanks for the expert ears - will make a few tweaks and adjustments! smile.gif

Drums are befuddling me for now, can't find any grooves I like.

EDIT

I uses these AmpSims in this order.

LePou SoloC
Nick Crow 8505
keFIR (Impulse loader)

EDIT Again

Thanks again Staffy, If you wouldn't have noticed the sharpness in tone - I probably wouldn't have noticed all the sims are set to low quality ph34r.gif

Thats cool man! smile.gif
I listened to it again, and I think there's nothing wrong with the drum patterns, maybe the drums should play a little less on the part with double bass drums, eg. pick out some notes here & there. If You add a bass guitar to double the riff and then vocals, it may end up quite messy... another thought I got when listening was that if the riff would have been played muted during the double bass-drum beat it would have sounded much tighter. What I meant by some work on the drum programming, was not the actual beat, rather some dynamic programming to get them to sound less machine-like. Otherwise I think the drums are fine. smile.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jul 25 2010, 05:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sounds very cool. The guitars sharp, so I would love to hear how it sounds now that you fixed it to higher quality. You are absolutely imroving! Very tight riffs and good songwriting. I didnt like your solo tone too much, but that might just be me smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 26 2010, 02:04 AM
Not its not, I dont like it either laugh.gif

Still working out a few kinks, vocals are almost done, and then I'm going to retrack the solos - Its turned into my very first Steampunk song smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 23 2010, 01:27 PM
Jazz Instructor
Cool riffs! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:09 PM