Muse Concert Review
coffeeman
Jul 23 2008, 10:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker

Band: Muse
Place: Bogota, Colombia
Date: July 20th, 2008
Tickets: US$72 and US$112

The concert took place in "Palacio de los deportes" , which means Sports Palace, and it was design for sports events specially. It has a capacity of 10.000 people is a small place. It was a good choice of the organization.

Band performance

I'm still asking, how can a 3 members band sound so good? Is unbelivable, this is a band that knows what is doing on stage. They played 2 hours , and every song was perfectly executed, simply amazing. What i liked a lot was that the played a couple of instrumental songs , and one of them was only bass and drums , so muse is not only Mathew Bellamy, the drum player and the bass player are very talented too. The one who interacted the most with the public was the drum player Dominic Howard, very nice guy and awesome drummer. Of course youb will always say that the didn't play a song , but in general the repertoir was very well selected , and the final song couldn't be better, it was Knights of Cydonia , so the place almost crash with that song. If you are not a Muse fan you should go to concert anyway, they are absloutely amazing , and are the perfect example of how a band should perform live.

Mathew Bellamy performance

This guy is extremely talented , he plays the guitar, the piano and also sings. Playing the guitar you can note his Tom Morello influence , he is amazingly acurate. he doesn't make a dancing show , or he doesent play with his teeth but that is not neccesary to keep staring at him while he plays the guitar. I don't know a lot about piano playing , but you can hear a classical background in a couple of songs, he plays the piano as good as the guitar. And what can I say about his voice , is just amazing , 2 hours without resting, one of the best voices I have ever heard live.

Conclusion

Im a Muse fan so you can notice Im not being to objective. This was one of the best concerts I have ever seen, excellent location , great sound and an amazing band. This wasn't like the wembley conert but it was totally worth. I hope I can see them again in the future.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- coffeeman   Muse Concert Review   Jul 23 2008, 10:50 PM
- - vintageplaya666   Sounds like it was a good gig. I am a big fan of m...   Jul 23 2008, 11:22 PM
- - Canis   Muse is awesome! I completely agree: How can t...   Jul 23 2008, 11:37 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Great review! I think that they are one of th...   Jul 24 2008, 12:16 AM
- - Lian Gerbino   yes! great band... and so cool review man!   Jul 24 2008, 12:18 AM
- - Juan M. Valero   Excellent review !!!!! it...   Jul 24 2008, 08:27 AM
- - Bogdan Radovic   Cool review man!! I missed their concert w...   Jul 24 2008, 12:51 PM
- - coffeeman   Thanks Guys. @ Lian and Gabi , they played yeste...   Jul 24 2008, 05:25 PM
- - Duncan   When I saw them at Wembley Stadium they were just ...   Jul 24 2008, 05:27 PM
- - Iluha   They were supposed to come here last summer.. but ...   Jul 24 2008, 09:11 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Cool review man and a nice picture, thanks for sha...   Jul 25 2008, 11:11 AM
- - OrganisedConfusion   Muse are awesome. I've seen them on every tour...   Jul 25 2008, 02:32 PM
- - Luciana Segovia   Excelent Review! I love Muse, it is one of my...   Aug 21 2008, 12:51 AM
|- - Canis   QUOTE (Luciana Segovia @ Aug 21 2008, 01...   Oct 13 2008, 11:13 PM
nnn
- - Toni Suominen   Great review, I love Muse   Jan 18 2009, 11:25 AM
- - Pedja Simovic   Really cool band and great review ! I am so gl...   Jan 18 2009, 02:01 PM
|- - David Wallimann   I wish I could have made it to the show.. I love ...   Jan 18 2009, 03:45 PM
nnn
- - berko   This was a long time ago but great review. I'v...   Jan 18 2009, 04:12 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:06 PM