8g9
gitarcitolga
May 1 2012, 11:13 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey guys!
I am into licks per day section at GMC and I began with some slight problems hope you can help me with it.

Blues Lick #1 in the archieve (Robben Ford style)

1. What does 8g9 mean in the tab (the last note on the tab)? it's also written in gpro with a small size 8 and normal 9.what kind of a writing style is this?

2.I can't see what he is doing with the fifth note which is on 2nd string 8th fret, seems like he is doing a slide? but on the tab it shows as ~ which means vibrato?

I think these licks need a slower version of camera display or any other lesson,it's sometimes difficult to watch carefully if I either like to see the sytle,technique or fingering position what ever it is but should be little more slowly for sure.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
May 1 2012, 11:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I cannot currently go through the archive since I don't have an active subsription, but I can help you with one of your questions. The "G" means Glissando. A Glissando is a very rapid slide between notes. usually, it just barely accentuates the first note before it slides up to the second.

I am sure someone else will come along and answer the other one for you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
gitarcitolga
May 1 2012, 02:46 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ May 1 2012, 10:18 AM) *
I cannot currently go through the archive since I don't have an active subsription, but I can help you with one of your questions. The "G" means Glissando. A Glissando is a very rapid slide between notes. usually, it just barely accentuates the first note before it slides up to the second.

I am sure someone else will come along and answer the other one for you.

I appreciate for the much clear reply about "G" question. Thanks a lot!

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
May 1 2012, 04:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (gitarcitolga @ May 1 2012, 01:46 PM) *
I appreciate for the much clear reply about "G" question. Thanks a lot!

Any time!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:51 AM