Self Obsessed Guitarists
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 8 2014, 08:18 AM
Instructor
Some guys (yeah mostly guys it seems?!) think they're God, when in fact they’re merely good.

I think have seen a trend: the more humble the guitarist, the better he/she will play.

I met some of the greats out there and guess what - they are all humble guys with no exception...

Me: WOW! You played great!!
Steve Lukather: Ah, c'mon man.. It was not that great, but you sure know how to make an old man feel good. Gimme a hug, c'mon smile.gif (then leaves off with a few girls laugh.gif )

Andy Timmons: Are you also a guitarist?
Me: Well, yeah, let's say so smile.gif
Andy: And where will your next show take place?
Me: I am performing with a philharmonic orchestra in 2 days from now in one of our biggest venues in Bucharest.
Andy: WOW! Man, I am so happy for you - I have never played with an orchestra so far, but I will be doing it in Tokyo in 6 months from now - how does it feel like, can you give me some tips maybe?
Me: - stunned - almost crying smile.gif

So why are some guitarist walking the macho road, when all we’re trying to do is express our feelings? What do you think is a good example of a self-obsessed vs a humble guitarist?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:18 PM