Mess Is More?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2014, 09:06 PM
Instructor
Multitasking is not a good idea if you want to get effective results. It's like a trap, you think that you are covering many things and that you are using your time wisely but most of the times you end up without achieving your diary/weekly objectives. With the pass of time I've learnt that our mind needs to focus on one thing at a time.

Sometimes I used to find myself involved in way more things than I can handle - a real mess! It often resulted in nothing being done properly. Have you tried prioritizing and cutting down on commitments? Perhaps if you only select 1 of the five techniques you are currently practicing - you will see some real progress in a short amount of time!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Jun 8 2014, 09:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Gab,

To be honest, yes, focussing on one thing at a time is better. In my case I'm working on alternate picking. But this also affects my playing when I practice other lessons the next day. If I'm practicing some Maiden style licks in one of the lessons I don't want to play them using only downstrokes, that would be wrong. Because I'm trying to incorporate AP in my playing instead of downstrokes..

Don't know if this makes any sense to you?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mith
Jun 9 2014, 02:51 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think havong one main focus is important. When practicing follow your normal routine but if you have extra time spend it on that one part that is your biggest concern. The biggest problem is if you do focus on just the one thing then other parts might end up lacking.

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:16 PM