A Few Questions?
justreleased
May 22 2010, 04:21 AM
GMC:er
I have encountered a few issues while practicing lately and made a video asking about it on youtube. My basic questions include: how do you relax while doing a closed handed picking grip like Paul Gilbert? I always get cramps in my pinkey finger while I play, I try to relax but it hasn't improved. I'm also having issues with the volume knob on Strats. I love my strats and do not want to move the knob, so how does one adapt their technique to slove this issue? Finally, I have been doing picking workouts and working on my right hand alternate picking for about 4 hours each day, but I do not see any improvement....What am I not doing right and how can I improve? Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EJ9-fYNH2g

Any and all help or comments are appreciated. Thanks so much guys!

Blayze

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Daniel Realpe
May 22 2010, 02:34 PM
Instructor
that's a good idea to attach the pick to the thumb, it won't fall that way smile.gif

from what I saw I think you should practice hitting the strings harder, like let the pick really fall down with some weight and get the volume out of the string,

About the strats, just look at Yngwie, he does all sorts of shredding with those guitars, so I think you can work your way around that

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:56 PM