Afraid Of The Wiki? Write In Word Or .txt!
Fran
Jul 2 2009, 05:51 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hi all,

It strikes me lately that there are many members out there willing to contribute to our wiki but might be hesitant due to the wiki coding & steps to create a new entry. (Specially the ones who have never tried before. It's piece of cake!). But anyway...

For those members I have a simple proposal: Write your entry in .doc (word, open office, etc), or even a plain .txt file! smile.gif

Then you just mail me the file, or post in the wiki forum attaching the file. I will easily have it converted into the wiki for you. Simple uh? Go for it! smile.gif cool.gif

You can even add the pictures you wish to include in the .doc file, or I can find some to spice the entry a bit.

Our wiki is growing fast and becoming a solid information base regarding gear, albums, guitarists, reviews & GMC matters. Yet we need all the content you guys wish to provide us with, and I'd like to eliminate any possible barrier anyone could find to do so smile.gif

Things you can write about: Your favourite gear, bands, guitarists, theory subjects, techniques... anything guitar and/or GMC related; the possibilities are endless. You name it. Actually, you .doc it laugh.gif

As usual, feel free to ask any doubts here in the forum or via PM. The more people writing in our wiki, the better smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 2 2009, 05:58 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Fran @ Jul 2 2009, 05:51 PM) *
but might be hesitant due to the wiki coding & steps to create a new entry. (Specially the ones who have never tried before. It's piece of cake!).

Exactly Fran!!! If I can learn to do this anyone can!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 2 2009, 10:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Absolutely, if SJ can learn, then the possibilities are endless! (ducking)

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 21 2010, 04:29 PM
Just bumping this thread in case anyone has lots to share but prefers to do so in .txt or .doc smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 21 2010, 07:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I haven't see this thread before, but I admit, I am guilty of the above mentioned. Though I already write a wiki article, the coding was a bit tricky for me and (I admit it) kept me from writing at least three other entries I had in mind... unsure.gif
So Fran, be prepared to get some docs from me!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 22 2010, 04:49 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 21 2010, 08:27 PM) *
I haven't see this thread before, but I admit, I am guilty of the above mentioned. Though I already write a wiki article, the coding was a bit tricky for me and (I admit it) kept me from writing at least three other entries I had in mind... unsure.gif
So Fran, be prepared to get some docs from me!

Excellent! cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 22 2010, 05:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is a very good idea, even though its simple to write an article this option (emailing .doc) opens up the wiki for everyone to contribute...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 24 2010, 01:04 PM
Yup, sharing your ideas and articles couldn't be easier smile.gif

Just send me your new entries in .doc to fran.llorente-at-yahoo.es along with your forum name so I can give you full credit for the article, and I'll put them all in our knowledge base cool.gif

Note - replace the '-at-' with @ guys.

Fran - sorry for editing your post this way - just trying to stop you from getting loads of spam from bots wink.gif .

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Sep 24 2010, 01:45 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:29 PM