5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Remaking My Guitar, ...woah! Another one of these!
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 4 2008, 02:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Sep 4 2008, 02:59 PM) *
Awesome job man! That scallop job looks professional! By the way... what is BEVAR CHRISTANIA?

Youth foolishness. wink.gif

And thanks. tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheOldOnes
Sep 4 2008, 03:03 PM
GMC:er
I have a question concerning the scalloping of your frets.

I recently scalloped the frets on my old ephiphone guitar and it seems that I may have to adjust the truss rod a bit. Has anyone had that problem when they scalloped their frets?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 4 2008, 03:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Have not come to the point of re-installing everything on the guitar yet, but I may just run into the same problem, as I've made quite some changes to the neck. It also makes sense that there would be need of an adjustment, as you take away some of the wood which the truss rod is supporting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Sep 5 2008, 12:01 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
if you want something really original google project aurora they make custom pickguards and you can have them glow round the edges i got one in red on my old guitar looks fantastic

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 5 2008, 12:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
Not sure about that yet. Will have to think about it when I get back at the body work.

I scalloped five more frets tonight. Sure takes a while. Still have from the 12th to the 20th to go. Did 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 21st and 22nd today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 5 2008, 07:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TheOldOnes @ Sep 4 2008, 04:03 PM) *
I have a question concerning the scalloping of your frets.

I recently scalloped the frets on my old ephiphone guitar and it seems that I may have to adjust the truss rod a bit. Has anyone had that problem when they scalloped their frets?

I notice that the fretboard has a different curve since I scalloped the frets, but I didn't need to readjust them 'cos actually now it works better than before doing the scallop !! laugh.gif it was fantastic biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
buttmonk
Sep 5 2008, 03:42 PM
QUOTE (Alex Lewis @ Sep 5 2008, 02:01 AM) *
if you want something really original google project aurora they make custom pickguards and you can have them glow round the edges i got one in red on my old guitar looks fantastic

The only guitar with a pickguard I have ever thought "wow, a guitar with a pickguard that actually looks good" was a custom built Carvin Bolt and the guy put a carbon fiber pickguard on it...They are not too difficult to find... But some of those Aurora jobs look pretty good too...

This post has been edited by buttmonk: Sep 5 2008, 08:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roadside
Sep 5 2008, 06:24 PM
missed the topic a bit:) Good job, til now! I always wanted to start or remake my own guitar but I´m kinda too busy at the moment! keep us updated, it´s fun to see the progress!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 5 2008, 06:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'll probably be getting a lot things on my hands for the next few weeks and won't be home much, so I'll hopefully have the scalloping done by Sunday evening. The rest will remain to be done for some time in the future, unfortunately.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 5 2008, 06:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:18 PM