New Instructor Coming In -, Sean from Infinite Guitar
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 23 2007, 12:25 PM
GMC Founder
Hey there!

I am happy to present Sean - a superb guitarist, already active on the web with his own infiniteguitar.com website (check it out - there are some cool videos of his playing there!).

I don't know very much about him yet, but he has a classical/progressive vibe to his playing - we will hopefully live one of his lessons this week! I also hope he will join us in this thread (later on - because of the time difference!)

Kris biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 23 2007, 03:29 PM
GMC:er
I liked the Chord Finder
Yes, the videos was nice too. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Ryan
Apr 23 2007, 04:33 PM
woooooooooooooo this is gonna be a great teacher biggrin.gif

and the vids were awesome

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Pavel
Apr 23 2007, 04:36 PM
Instructor
I checked his website yesterday - cool vids out there!! And website design is also sweet!

Welcome aboard!!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bitey
Apr 23 2007, 05:12 PM
That is great news! biggrin.gif I love classical and I am not too sure what progressive is but my favorite band Opeth is progressive so it can't be bad. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 23 2007, 05:28 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome Sean - looking forward to your first lesson smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 23 2007, 06:04 PM
Instructor
Welcome Sean!! You have a very complete website!! A lot of interesting information!

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 23 2007, 07:20 PM
Welcome to GMC Sean!! That Tocatta and Fugue rendition was KILLER...any chance of a full lesson on it? It would be ideal, since it incorporates alt picking, tapping, a sweep or two, open string pedaling, string skipping, and probably a few others I am neglecting....and besides that, I just really want to play it. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sean Conklin
Apr 23 2007, 08:48 PM
Instructor
Wow, what a cool welcome! Thanks so much everyone. It's great to be here. And I really give props to everyone at GMC, because this site truly makes learning guitar FUN!

A little about me. My name is Sean Conklin. I teach guitar and drums for a living. I also manage the IG site as Kris mentioned. I love God, my wife, my cat. I like Oreos A LOT. And my favorite band is Dream Theater. biggrin.gif That's me in a nutshell!

Like I said, it's awesome to be here, and I look forward to hanging out with you all!

Take care,
Sean

PS. Wheeler, glad you liked the Bach rendition! I don't know if I'd be able to fit all that in one lesson. Maybe I can break it up somehow. But that would be up to Kris and the gang, because "Toccata and Fugue" definitely isn't my original material haha. Although I wish it was!

In the meantime, you can check out: http://www.infiniteguitar.com/bachharmonies.html. That has a mini-lesson for the ending part.

+Quote Post
Norven
Apr 23 2007, 09:23 PM
Sean, I must say that I like your playing really much.
Can´t wait for your first lesson

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 23 2007, 10:59 PM
GMC Founder
Hey Sean - glad you found your way! biggrin.gif

"Nutshell you" sounds awesome - welcome!

kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Apr 23 2007, 11:23 PM
Wow. Talk about a player with variety. Pleasure to have you here, and I like the Dream Theater " Under a glass moon solo" biggrin.gif

-John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 23 2007, 11:35 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Pending Closure kicked so much ass, do a lesson on that, that was some serioulsy awesome stuff!

+Quote Post
radarlove1984
Apr 24 2007, 12:09 AM
Nice website. I really liked the article about Tendinitis.

I've only been playing for half a year now, and I've already developed a minor case of tendinitis that prevented me from playing for a month. It was minor enough to be treated with Prednisone, so I was lucky.

Thanks for the tips on how to avoid it.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Apr 24 2007, 08:43 AM
Instructor
Hey Sean!

Dream Theater - cool! I am going to their concert here in Croatia in June!

Just a little questoin: how old are you and where are you from?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Sean Conklin
Apr 24 2007, 10:49 AM
Instructor
Man, you guys are too nice. Thanks a ton!

Radarlove, yeah good luck with the tendonitis bro. It has a great ability to creep its way back, so be very careful!

Pavel, I'm from Idaho in the United States, and I'm 23 years old. And have fun at the DT concert! Hopefully I can make their tour this year.

Thanks again guys,
Sean

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 24 2007, 04:28 PM
Instructor
Welcome Sean!
I really like your videos. Very cool.
I'm really impressed by the technique of our teachers. Plus you guys are all so young!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
Apr 24 2007, 04:43 PM
QUOTE (Sean Conklin @ Apr 23 2007, 03:48 PM) *
Wow, what a cool welcome! Thanks so much everyone. It's great to be here. And I really give props to everyone at GMC, because this site truly makes learning guitar FUN!

A little about me. My name is Sean Conklin. I teach guitar and drums for a living. I also manage the IG site as Kris mentioned. I love God, my wife, my cat. I like Oreos A LOT. And my favorite band is Dream Theater. biggrin.gif That's me in a nutshell!

Like I said, it's awesome to be here, and I look forward to hanging out with you all!

Take care,
Sean

PS. Wheeler, glad you liked the Bach rendition! I don't know if I'd be able to fit all that in one lesson. Maybe I can break it up somehow. But that would be up to Kris and the gang, because "Toccata and Fugue" definitely isn't my original material haha. Although I wish it was!

In the meantime, you can check out: http://www.infiniteguitar.com/bachharmonies.html. That has a mini-lesson for the ending part.

Wait... you like cats? I don't think this will work out... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:21 PM