> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

String Skipping Arpeggios Substitutions, Lesson By Dallton Santos
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

diegocasmo
Mar 14 2016, 02:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: String Skipping Arpeggios Substitutions by Dallton Santos

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2016, 03:17 PM
Instructor
Hi friend,

This is a very demanding lesson and your are very close. However, I think that you need to slow down a bit your practice to focus on hands sync. The overall doesn't sound clear and the reason why is that you are hands are not going synchronized, mostly when you play with your left hand fingers.

I think that you are not still comfortable with this tempo, and it's not a good idea to practice at a tempo in which you can't play clean and clear so please go to a more comfortable tempo and continue practicing, always being sure that you are playing with both hand in sync.

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 16 2016, 01:50 PM
Instructor
Hey Diego!

Your overall playing abilities are really good but now you need to focus on teh hardest part - precision in details. Like Gabriel mentioned - your hands tend to go out of sync and you loose the timing at some points. Of course it's not totally messed up but at this level of playing I'm sure you know that also the demandings increase smile.gif From other aspects I have nothing to complain. Tone is well matched and the mix sounds good as well. Well done!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 18 2016, 01:21 PM
Instructor
Hi Diego, this is a strong take but the timing fluctuations let you down here.

I notice that you have a tendency to slightly speed up as you reach the top of each arpeggio, like at 0:05. This may be your fretting hand speeding up of may be caused by the hybrid picking making you rush to keep up with the middle finger / pick combination. When you play this lesson, take notice of your picking hand and see if the use of hybrid picking is forcing your fretting hand to rush to keep up.

Other than that, the tone might be a bit too harsh and you could do with some more vibrato work. Keep it up!

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 21 2016, 06:53 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:04 PM