2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hello Hello
Henkka
Jan 18 2008, 06:02 PM
GMC:er
Hello!

My name is Henri and I'm from Finland. That's right, the land where polar bears stroll.

I Work in the field of IT/web dev., and at the moment I pretty much don't have any other hobbies besides playing guitar. smile.gif

Actually It's a funny thing, when I was younger I played a lot for few years. I was in my school's "music class", and we performed in our school's events and concerts etc. It was fun and playing with friends for a hour in the middle of a long school day was a superb stress reliever. Though I hated the performing part, propably because I wasn't that good after all. We played Stairway to heaven as our last song in our "graduation" concert. I'll never forget that glorious day... it was the day I laid down my guitar. My performance on the stage was horrible, and because of this the stress reliever had become the biggest source if the stress itself... so I decided never to touch the guitar again.

~6 years later, a bit wiser, not a bit smarter (definately lazier...), I picked up my old guitar for some recollection (this was few months ago)... and I've been on that road ever since. And I've had so much fun. smile.gif

I even bought a new guitar, black Ibanez rg321, and I just love it... but gear doesn't make me any better player so I signed up! wink.gif

Top bands at the moment: Dream theater, Between the buried and me, Symphony X, Devin Townsend, Sonata Arctica ... but when it comes to playing, everything goes.

So here's my humble introduction thread, I hope you can help me become a better player and I can help you become better ... in something. smile.gif

Cheers!

-Henkka

*EDIT*

OH I totally forgot something! I have this huge issue while playing ... when I'm playing, I tend to bite my teeth together really hard! It hurts! Any tips for fixing this?? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Henkka: Jan 18 2008, 06:26 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SEANCD2005
Jan 18 2008, 06:04 PM
Welcome to gmc im sure your going to love it here

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 18 2008, 06:07 PM
Instructor
Welcome Henri,feel free to ask if you need anything! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ralleliciouz
Jan 18 2008, 06:12 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 18 2008, 06:07 PM) *
Welcome Henri,feel free to ask if you need anything! smile.gif

hi muris laugh.gif laugh.gif

i was just wondering if you could make a new " in style of" lesson with mark knopflers song money for nothing... i checked the other lesson you made and it was amazing!! smile.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 18 2008, 06:22 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi Henri & welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 18 2008, 06:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Henri,

Good to see you've gone back to your guitar. You'll love it here at GMC plenty to learn and the instructors are superb. You will improve. smile.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
TekHousE
Jan 18 2008, 06:48 PM
HI mate..

The biting thing..how about a mouth guard mate? wink.gif

--------------------
"An Aussie in Finland"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 18 2008, 06:54 PM
Instructor
Hi man, and welcome to the GMC smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 18 2008, 07:23 PM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome Henri ! Nice guitar you have there, soon you will have the skills to give it a real work out wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 18 2008, 08:34 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Hi Henri and welcome!

The mouth thing - that is down to tension and is the enemy of us all - it means you are not 100% comfortable with what you are laying so you tense up which makes it a little harder so you play worse and it goes around.

One way to combat this is to practice relaxation, and playing very slowly. When you can play something very slowly and perfectly relaxed then speed up a little, all the time playing cleanly, easily and in a relaxed way - eventually you will be playing at super speed and still relaxed - and the key is repetition.

Good luck!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2008, 08:46 PM
Instructor
Hello Henkka!! Welcome to GMC! You'll find great progressive lessons here! smile.gif

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 18 2008, 08:54 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Henkka @ Jan 18 2008, 06:02 PM) *
OH I totally forgot something! I have this huge issue while playing ... when I'm playing, I tend to bite my teeth together really hard! It hurts! Any tips for fixing this?? biggrin.gif

Welcome. smile.gif Painkillers? unsure.gif

The only thing I can think of is to convince yourself NOT to bite, obviously you can't control it when playing. So try sticking your tounge out, I bet your mind will tell you not to bite so hard while you're too busy playing the guitar unable to think to control it.
Won't look so nice maybe but perhaps a good start, next thing, before you go on stage would be to get used keeping your tounge in. laugh.gif
...might not look that way but this was a serious suggestion. huh.gif

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 18 2008, 09:59 PM
Hi Henkka, welcome to GMC!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 18 2008, 10:27 PM
Welcome to GMC Henri! DT FTW!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 18 2008, 11:13 PM
Instructor
welcome to GMC man

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 18 2008, 11:14 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Henri! smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 18 2008, 11:38 PM
Welcome to GMC, great taste in music too smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 19 2008, 01:24 AM
Instructor
Welcome Henri! smile.gif

Kiva saada suomalaisia lisää tänne! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 19 2008, 12:45 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very nice introduction , welcome to GMC man !! wink.gif

Andrew is right , you just need to practice to relax a little more wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
TekHousE
Jan 19 2008, 03:45 PM
Actually I was really thinking about this...Because its an obvious stress related thing.

So my real suggestion is this:

SING!

I'm not talking about learning words etc...But maybe take a lesson from George Benson, and humm or sort of sing along with your playing.

I have done this on the piano for jazz stuff when playing free jazz. Its cool and also helps you in learning about pitch and note selection.

What do you reckon?

--------------------
"An Aussie in Finland"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:01 AM