14 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Song Composing Collaboration, ...YOU READY!!?
steve25
Sep 7 2007, 07:10 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (lavendell @ Sep 7 2007, 06:56 AM) *
What if the singer just sceams "SOLOOOO"? biggrin.gif
I don't think there's much I can do about that, other than rearrange them. Could you be a bit more specific about what you think sounds wrong?
-Marcus

lol or you could have Kris' YOU READY? there instead or as well biggrin.gif

I'll have a think about what could be done in that area and if i come up with anything i'll let you know

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick325
Sep 7 2007, 08:03 AM
ill have it up in a couple of hours

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Sep 7 2007, 05:00 PM
I think the bridge part sounds great .I dont think any longer or shorter.It totaly breaks it up and sets the pace right on track for the solo The crowd part is fun,,,,,,but i think we need like a sound effect like a window breaking or a mac truck horn or something like that ........They are all pretty lame examples..... but you get the idea or a news reporter..... saying something like ....tonight on larry king live .....or south park,, you killed kenny you b*******..............I dont know ..... but im sure somthing will come to mind.. um has anyone seen our bass player around......... have not seen him on much

Edited for language - Andrew

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Sep 7 2007, 08:17 PM

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 7 2007, 09:45 PM
GMC Founder
Here is my attempt to sing... smile.gif

verse 1
Are you ready to Rock, Are you ready to Roll
Then grab your guitar, And get out of control

chorus
Are you Ready
Ready to Roll
Are you Ready
to Get out of Control

verse 2
From Zero to Hero, Healty to Insane
So if you're ready to rock, then get in the game

(Repeat Chorus)

Attached File  mixdown1.mp3 ( 1.17MB ) Number of downloads: 309

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 7 2007, 09:52 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Heh, realy cool Kristofer, I am a real devotee of your vocal styling smile.gif

Guys, the whole track is really sounding great - I am very impressed with the work so far!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Jeff
Sep 7 2007, 10:55 PM
Hey Marcus,

I haven't had time to record a lead until this weekend and I will do so! Sorry man, but I do have some ideas about a lead. I think I need to add words for another verse as well. I know what I'll be busy doing! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Maria
Sep 8 2007, 01:20 AM
Administrator
Hey guys

This sounds really fun! I was actually thinking of joining with some vocals, is that ok with you Marcus? smile.gif

Maybe I could record one verse and chorus as a break, with only bass and drums? What do you think?

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 8 2007, 01:33 AM
I think you should do it Maria, I think we need to gather everyone's vocal ideas,and either choose between them or just use several of them.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Sep 8 2007, 02:35 AM
I think it sounds great........I myself think if this is going to be a gmc song....the lyrics all should be sung by gmc instructors..............that would be great.and it would give great meaning and a feeling for the site itself like.........its more of a comunity than just you old average site ,, this is something alot better..musicians working with instructors ............would give it a sort of personal level,,,,,,,,but back to the song now we just need to map out the verse parts and corus a bit better to define it......and im thinking put a little more work into the lyrics part................so everyone grab pens and paper and lets toss some more ideas around......

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Sep 8 2007, 02:46 AM
I have a suggestion for the chorus, if I may. When the line 'are you ready to get out of control' is sung the second time, don't pause after 'ready', just sing it in straight 8th notes, and then replace the melody where 'to get out of control' was with a guitar break with the same notes except the third note is a pinch harmonic. I don't know if you understand what I'm getting at, but it should sound great. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nick334
Sep 8 2007, 07:29 PM
This is getting really good. Good work everyone.

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 370 DX, Fender Strat Squier, Vintage Les Paul.
Amps: Vox AD 15 VT, Fender Frontman 15G
Effects: Hopefully a POD :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 8 2007, 08:13 PM
GMC Founder
I am glad everyone is positive about this! biggrin.gif

Now let's see what our collabs master sais!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 8 2007, 10:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 7 2007, 10:45 PM) *
Here is my attempt to sing... smile.gif

verse 1
Are you ready to Rock, Are you ready to Roll
Then grab your guitar, And get out of control

chorus
Are you Ready
Ready to Roll
Are you Ready
to Get out of Control

verse 2
From Zero to Hero, Healty to Insane
So if you're ready to rock, then get in the game

(Repeat Chorus)

Attached File  mixdown1.mp3 ( 1.17MB ) Number of downloads: 309

WOW, incredible work !!! I like your peculiar singing wink.gif
The song sounds really good, congratulations !!!

+Quote Post
Maria
Sep 8 2007, 10:39 PM
Administrator
So I took the liberty to write and record a slightly cheesy verse tongue.gif

verse
Marcus Lavendell, David, Andrew Cockburn
Gabriel Leopardi, Pavel, Kristofer Dahl

chorus
Are you Ready
Ready to Roll
Are you Ready
to Get out of Control

Attached File  mixdown2_maria.mp3 ( 844.77K ) Number of downloads: 349

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 8 2007, 11:46 PM
QUOTE (Maria @ Sep 8 2007, 05:39 PM) *
So I took the liberty to write a slightly cheesy verse tongue.gif

verse

chorus
Are you Ready
Ready to Roll
Are you Ready
to Get out of Control

I like it because it has my name in it smile.gif But just so you know (its not obvious in a post!) my name is pronounced Coburn (like the film actor James Coburn), but spelt Cockburn for some strange reason ...

EDIT : Sorry Maria, I totally missed the mp3 - not only did you get my name right, but that was some awesome singing! (You are a better singer than Kris but don't tell him I said that smile.gif)

Totally Cool!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Sep 9 2007, 12:01 AM

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 9 2007, 12:07 AM
Hey Marcus, I'm not sure if all the slots are taken but if you need an extra solo anywhere I'd like to sign up - this is looking really great smile.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Sep 9 2007, 12:14 AM

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 9 2007, 01:15 AM
Wow Maria that was awesome!

Maybe we shouldn't use those lyrics but you'r singing fits perfectly!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 9 2007, 02:44 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Sep 8 2007, 11:02 PM) *
WOW, incredible work !!! I like your peculiar singing wink.gif
The song sounds really good, congratulations !!!

Thanks Juan - I am still learning so all encouragement is more than welcome! biggrin.gif

Thanks to Jeff too - for the cool lyrics! I particularly liked healthy to insane - feels very natural to sing that. wacko.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
Sep 9 2007, 04:32 AM
Marcus,

I've added a couple of things here. I used a Heil Talk Box, or as my wife would say "the spit tube" and put a phrase "Are you ready to rock" right where the crowd is. I like the crowd! smile.gif I added a lead at 3:00. I'm not quite sure where a lead should go or how long it should be so let me know. (or if I should play one a t all) I messed up a little so please get rid of it of you don't like it or let me know if I can re-do it. (I probably should laugh.gif )

I also added some more talk box stuff at the end as maybe a fade out or something like that. If you want it, great, if not it's no sweat to me. I've got some other ideas for the lyrics too so I'll put that up shortly.

Jeff

song:[attachment=1685:attachment]

my lead:[attachment=1684:attachment]

are you ready short:[attachment=1686:attachment]

are you rady long:[attachment=1687:attachment]

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 8 2007, 08:44 PM) *
Thanks Juan - I am still learning so all encouragement is more than welcome! biggrin.gif

Thanks to Jeff too - for the cool lyrics! I particularly liked healthy to insane - feels very natural to sing that. wacko.gif biggrin.gif
laugh.gif yeah it does feel natural! laugh.gif thanks!

QUOTE (Maria @ Sep 8 2007, 04:39 PM) *
So I took the liberty to write and record a slightly cheesy verse tongue.gif

verse

chorus
Are you Ready
Ready to Roll
Are you Ready
to Get out of Control

Attached File  mixdown2_maria.mp3 ( 844.77K ) Number of downloads: 349
You have a great voice! smile.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 9 2007, 04:45 AM
Learning Roadie
I think it sounds good mr. frampton tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:04 PM