> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Steve's Theory Thread
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 26 2013, 11:54 AM
Instructor
Hey my man!

This here is your personal thread in which we will deal with your theoretical knowledge smile.gif

Can you pleas begin by telling me what you already know?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SteveGuitar
Aug 26 2013, 07:51 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 26 2013, 10:54 AM) *
Hey my man!

This here is your personal thread in which we will deal with your theoretical knowledge smile.gif

Can you pleas begin by telling me what you already know?

Cosmin

Hey Man, I used to play Violin , so I know how to read notes and I know what the markings mean in Notations, for guitar , pretty little... I can't read Notations or lets say bearly, ... I actually CAN read them but I need a long time, I prefer Tabs :-) I know what scales are , I've learned a minor Pentatonic Scale in the Key of E that I can change into any key right? And ... thats .... pretty much it ... biggrin.gif I didnt learn that much stuff in theory =D

Thx for the great mentoring Cosmin,

" Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain."

hehe , I would like to know what that is biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 27 2013, 08:31 AM
Instructor
The secret smile.gif Well, it's not that big a secret actually - it's all about becoming the best YOU as a musician managing to let aside the fear that you can't play this and this and that or that you don't sound like x and y and z smile.gif

I think that it's best for us to start from ground up and I'd go for the major scale at first!

So - I have a first task for you:

1) Considering that the major scale formula is: whole - whole - half - whole - whole - whole - half (steps, of course)

Example: C whole D whole E half F whole G whole A whole B half C

2) Tell me the notes that make up the D, A and E major scales

3) Make a little recording in which you play these scales on your guitar in 5 different positions

Ready?

Go!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SteveGuitar
Aug 27 2013, 03:31 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 27 2013, 07:31 AM) *
The secret smile.gif Well, it's not that big a secret actually - it's all about becoming the best YOU as a musician managing to let aside the fear that you can't play this and this and that or that you don't sound like x and y and z smile.gif

I think that it's best for us to start from ground up and I'd go for the major scale at first!

So - I have a first task for you:

1) Considering that the major scale formula is: whole - whole - half - whole - whole - whole - half (steps, of course)

Example: C whole D whole E half F whole G whole A whole B half C

2) Tell me the notes that make up the D, A and E major scales

3) Make a little recording in which you play these scales on your guitar in 5 different positions

Ready?

Go!

Cosmin

Challenge Accepted:
biggrin.gif

Well Let's start with No1:

Ok got the Major Scale, that's what we call a "Tonleiter" in German , now I got it biggrin.gif

No2: D Major Scale: I got this : D ; E; F#. G, A, H; C#
A Major Scale: I got these Notes: A; H; C#, D, E; F#; G#
E Major Scale: these E; F#; G#; A; H ; C#, D#

I'm working on Number three now, coming soon wink.gif

I am sure that I will make a lot of mistakes =D

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 28 2013, 07:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SteveGuitar @ Aug 27 2013, 02:31 PM) *
Challenge Accepted:
biggrin.gif

Well Let's start with No1:

Ok got the Major Scale, that's what we call a "Tonleiter" in German , now I got it biggrin.gif

No2: D Major Scale: I got this : D ; E; F#. G, A, H; C#
A Major Scale: I got these Notes: A; H; C#, D, E; F#; G#
E Major Scale: these E; F#; G#; A; H ; C#, D#

I'm working on Number three now, coming soon wink.gif

I am sure that I will make a lot of mistakes =D

So far, you are an ACE biggrin.gif 100% correct wink.gif Don't fool me tho, because I will test you - by that, i mean, I hope you haven't looked them up anywhere, did ya? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SteveGuitar
Aug 28 2013, 10:34 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 28 2013, 06:50 AM) *
So far, you are an ACE biggrin.gif 100% correct wink.gif Don't fool me tho, because I will test you - by that, i mean, I hope you haven't looked them up anywhere, did ya? biggrin.gif

Nope Cosmin,

Didn't look that up, I just know the Notes on the 6th and 5th String completely, that's how it was easy .I'm not foolin ya, I wouldn't have an Advantage then either. I am working on that Video . One Question:May I use the Octave like 4th string "0" D and 12th fret "D" to show you the major scale?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 28 2013, 11:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SteveGuitar @ Aug 28 2013, 09:34 AM) *
Nope Cosmin,

Didn't look that up, I just know the Notes on the 6th and 5th String completely, that's how it was easy .I'm not foolin ya, I wouldn't have an Advantage then either. I am working on that Video . One Question:May I use the Octave like 4th string "0" D and 12th fret "D" to show you the major scale?

You are free to use ANY positions you wish biggrin.gif It really doesn't matter smile.gif

+Quote Post
SteveGuitar
Aug 30 2013, 02:48 PM
Hello and here it is.Well, you can clearly see in the Video that I improvised a bit , I wasn't home a long time and I had to go again so here is the take, sry for the poor audio and Video quality, when I have more time quality gets waaaayyy better. But here you got your five positions, you can also see that I am carefull cause I didn't want to play the pattern wrong.

biggrin.gif lots and lots and lots of mistakes=DDDD

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 31 2013, 02:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SteveGuitar @ Aug 30 2013, 01:48 PM) *
Hello and here it is.Well, you can clearly see in the Video that I improvised a bit , I wasn't home a long time and I had to go again so here is the take, sry for the poor audio and Video quality, when I have more time quality gets waaaayyy better. But here you got your five positions, you can also see that I am carefull cause I didn't want to play the pattern wrong.

biggrin.gif lots and lots and lots of mistakes=DDDD

Hey mate! It's all good biggrin.gif No worries about the little hesitations, ok? My goal here was to make you see that all those notes appear in varous spots on the neck and you need to pay attention in order to know where they are. Slowly but surely, you will have a good ensemble view on the notes on the neck smile.gif

You should practice the drill you did in this video with every available major scale - that is a task that should be ongoing and also, saying the note names out loud while playing them would help a tremendously big lot!

Now, the next move would be for you to take a look at the following lessons and start understanding a bit about how chords are being formed smile.gif

Before recording - please tell me if you understood the concept behind it, ok?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_1/

+Quote Post
SteveGuitar
Aug 31 2013, 04:34 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 31 2013, 01:00 PM) *
Hey mate! It's all good biggrin.gif No worries about the little hesitations, ok? My goal here was to make you see that all those notes appear in varous spots on the neck and you need to pay attention in order to know where they are. Slowly but surely, you will have a good ensemble view on the notes on the neck smile.gif

You should practice the drill you did in this video with every available major scale - that is a task that should be ongoing and also, saying the note names out loud while playing them would help a tremendously big lot!

Now, the next move would be for you to take a look at the following lessons and start understanding a bit about how chords are being formed smile.gif

Before recording - please tell me if you understood the concept behind it, ok?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_1/

Ok , I am starting off, this is already a bit harder for me to understand. I also taught myself a bit piano , so that's a bit help to understand the Inversions what he means in his Lessons, because they are very simple things on the piano. So it's a great thing, now I know how to play 3 Inversions of the C chord (on three strings). Great Lesson so far, I am still looking at it.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 31 2013, 04:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SteveGuitar @ Aug 31 2013, 03:34 PM) *
Ok , I am starting off, this is already a bit harder for me to understand. I also taught myself a bit piano , so that's a bit help to understand the Inversions what he means in his Lessons, because they are very simple things on the piano. So it's a great thing, now I know how to play 3 Inversions of the C chord (on three strings). Great Lesson so far, I am still looking at it.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

Awesome, mate! Keep at it and let me know if everything is cool before recording wink.gif

+Quote Post
SteveGuitar
Jan 3 2014, 09:06 PM
Hey Cosmin I got a wav I want to send you ... look in your PMs smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2014, 03:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SteveGuitar @ Jan 3 2014, 08:06 PM) *
Hey Cosmin I got a wav I want to send you ... look in your PMs smile.gif

I'm on it mate smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:38 AM