2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Emir, Your Amazing!, just bought your album
Young Guitarist
Oct 14 2008, 04:17 PM
GMC:er
Omg, i read this... Emir! Im gonna get that album! ohmy.gif I dont have a credit card, but i got money, and my parents got the card so ;D

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock On!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Oct 20 2008, 10:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
I just wanna share this clip of Emir playing Far Beyond the Sun at the Guitar Institute (am I right?)! It's absolutely amazing!
I especially love the part at 4:32.. you look so satisfied after that one laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 20 2008, 11:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Canis @ Oct 20 2008, 10:04 AM) *
I just wanna share this clip of Emir playing Far Beyond the Sun at the Guitar Institute (am I right?)! It's absolutely amazing!
I especially love the part at 4:32.. you look so satisfied after that one laugh.gif

smile.gif Did you notice at the beginng, I forgot to plug the cable into the amp and I was trying to figure out what happened to my sound smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 20 2008, 11:53 AM
AHH The good old Guitar Institute in Acton,spent a year there full time in the 90's(Must have been a year or two after it opened as it was still a building site!)I think that was the 1st time I played a Peavey Bandit.
Used to love that cafe around the corner and the pub near there too!Mind you I am not sure Alan liked it when us students turned up for his afternoon lessons reaking of beer and extra strong mints tongue.gif
One of my mates even fell asleep and started snoring in Barrys jazz class!

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 20 2008, 11:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Noangels @ Oct 20 2008, 11:53 AM) *
AHH The good old Guitar Institute in Acton,spent a year there full time in the 90's(Must have been a year or two after it opened as it was still a building site!)I think that was the 1st time I played a Peavey Bandit.
Used to love that cafe around the corner and the pub near there too!Mind you I am not sure Alan liked it when us students turned up for his afternoon lessons reaking of beer and extra strong mints tongue.gif
One of my mates even fell asleep and started snoring in Barrys jazz class!

The Institute has moved to Kilburn. I was the last generation to finish the degree program in Acton. Guitar-X is now in Acton and everything looks pretty much the same. That cafe around the corner is still there smile.gif My favorite coffe in the morning.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 20 2008, 12:08 PM
Cool,were the 1st and the last students to play there in the Acton days:)Yeah that cafe was visited every morning by myself and my mates.Was Shaun Baxter still there when you went?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 20 2008, 12:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Noangels @ Oct 20 2008, 12:08 PM) *
Was Shaun Baxter still there when you went?

Yes, on this video "Far Beyond the Sun" he was marking students. Brilliant player but he left. I think he's got his own school somewhere else.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 20 2008, 02:33 PM
cool,got on very well with Shaun.It was the year he made his jazz metal album and every one of us had a pirate copy.lol..he used to jokingly call us b'tards untill I mentioned the fact it didnt stop him getting a copy of my tafolla instructional vid I had at the time!In fact I think he has some country vids of mine too that I never got back
Great player,always loved the rock lessons with him or killminster(sp)they made it all look so easy ohmy.gif

I bought his jazz metal cd a few years ago after feeling guilty!and have the honer of the complete tab for his song baxters brew that he gave to me after I pestered him for so long!He also used to turn his back on us sometimes when he played his trade mark licks(that Amin 7th 12 fret string skipping lick into a D major triad before coming down in a typical jazz lick of his before resolving it with his wide vibrato!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 20 2008, 02:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Noangels @ Oct 20 2008, 03:33 PM) *
cool,got on very well with Shaun.It was the year he made his jazz metal album and every one of us had a pirate copy.lol..he used to jokingly call us b'tards untill I mentioned the fact it didnt stop him getting a copy of my tafolla instructional vid I had at the time!In fact I think he has some country vids of mine too that I never got back
Great player,always loved the rock lessons with him or killminster(sp)they made it all look so easy ohmy.gif

I bought his jazz metal cd a few years ago after feeling guilty!and have the honer of the complete tab for his song baxters brew that he gave to me after I pestered him for so long!He also used to turn his back on us sometimes when he played his trade mark licks(that Amin 7th 12 fret string skipping lick into a D major triad before coming down in a typical jazz lick of his before resolving it with his wide vibrato!)

Shawn is the best guy out there. He used to turn his back to us as well but that made it interesting for ear training part biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 20 2008, 04:32 PM
LOL I called him out about that once saying he always seemed to turn his back to us when he played some of his trade mark licks-and he denied it!Hes like a great impresionist,can copy some ones styles so easily and yet still have his own voice!He told me a funny story about his father listening to his debut album and telling him he played a bum note on it-that was all the praise he got!Realy good album considering he was rushed in the studio so they recorded it so quickly

Hoepfully he will do another soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:00 PM