2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Yngwie Malmsteen Licks, This could help you for the Yngwie collab
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 03:49 PM
Instructor
Hi

I have made 15 licks in style of Yngwie. This can be heplful if you want to join the collab. I played it in half speed and full speed. Tempo is 130. I included Guitar Pro file so you can read the tab.

These licks are not always played in perfect time. Yngwie usually plays them as fast as possible and always finds a good way to finish on some interesting note. I played these licks in tempo for you to understand easier but you can speed them up regardless of the tempo. Just make sure you finish the phrase in some logical way.

Please ask if you need any help.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  lick_3.mp3 ( 480.41K ) Number of downloads: 1265
Attached File  lick_4.mp3 ( 382.45K ) Number of downloads: 613
Attached File  Yngwie_Malmsteen_Licks.gp5 ( 8.09K ) Number of downloads: 847
Attached File  lick_15.mp3 ( 275.1K ) Number of downloads: 564
Attached File  lick_14.mp3 ( 192.65K ) Number of downloads: 459
Attached File  lick_13.mp3 ( 405.31K ) Number of downloads: 441
Attached File  lick_12.mp3 ( 183.67K ) Number of downloads: 431
Attached File  lick_11.mp3 ( 225.71K ) Number of downloads: 459
Attached File  lick_10.mp3 ( 257.96K ) Number of downloads: 452
Attached File  lick_9.mp3 ( 145.31K ) Number of downloads: 429
Attached File  lick_8.mp3 ( 271.43K ) Number of downloads: 459
Attached File  lick_7.mp3 ( 345.71K ) Number of downloads: 428
Attached File  lick_6.mp3 ( 313.06K ) Number of downloads: 433
Attached File  lick_5.mp3 ( 217.96K ) Number of downloads: 569
Attached File  lick_2.mp3 ( 312.24K ) Number of downloads: 504
Attached File  lick_1.mp3 ( 317.14K ) Number of downloads: 658

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 15 2009, 03:54 PM
GMC:er
thanks i just saved the guitarpro file and will work on these

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 04:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 15 2009, 02:54 PM) *
thanks i just saved the guitarpro file and will work on these

Cool smile.gif If you get some nice solo out of that consider joining the collab

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 15 2009, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Cool licks

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 15 2009, 08:00 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks, doubt I'll play them this fast but will try to incorporate something tongue.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 08:25 PM
Instructor
Some of them are not that fast. I actually tried not to play too fast smile.gif If you play these licks very slow then they don't sound that good. You should practice slow tempo but when you want to use them in your solo they have to be fast as we are trying to match Yngwie style as much as possible.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 15 2009, 08:34 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Does it really have to be yngwie or just neoclassical heavy influenced?

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 08:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Mar 15 2009, 07:34 PM) *
Does it really have to be yngwie or just neoclassical heavy influenced?

Well the collaboration is called "Yngwie Malmsteen Collaboration" so we should try to get close to his style. It can be a slower neoclassical playing as well if you can't play that fast. I can make a note of that and give you comments on playing only, not thinking about stylisticaly correct approach.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 15 2009, 09:36 PM
Instructor
Very cool neo-classical patterns Emir, i will borrow some for practice as well wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 09:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 15 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Very cool neo-classical patterns Emir, i will borrow some for practice as well wink.gif

Cheers Ivan smile.gif I hope some of these will be useful

Check out my take on the collab thread. I made it using many of these licks.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...=25617&st=0

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Mar 15 2009, 10:46 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Awesome stuff, Emir. I will work hard on these ideas to play similar that Yngwie... biggrin.gif and you!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 10:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sergio Dorado @ Mar 15 2009, 09:46 PM) *
Awesome stuff, Emir. I will work hard on these ideas to play similar that Yngwie... biggrin.gif and you!

haha thanks Sergio smile.gif Many people compare my playing to Yngwie. He was a huge influence for sure.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 16 2009, 04:11 PM
Jazz Instructor
Cool licks!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 16 2009, 07:23 PM
Lets go fishing!
Good work Emir, I can add these to my libary of licks cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Jesse
Mar 16 2009, 07:26 PM
GMC:er
really cool, tho they scare me, im no where near that level:D

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 16 2009, 07:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks for the licks Emir....You definitely have an Yngwie vibe going on in your playing!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 16 2009, 07:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Mar 16 2009, 06:26 PM) *
really cool, tho they scare me, im no where near that level:D

Can you play them in half speed? These are good for developing speed and improving alternate picking. You can set your metronome to a slower tempo and increase 5 bpm every day. I'm sure you can get them all with some practicing.

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 16 2009, 06:37 PM) *
Thanks for the licks Emir....You definitely have an Yngwie vibe going on in your playing!! smile.gif

Thanks Monte smile.gif Would you like to have a go in the collab? You are definitely on this level.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 16 2009, 08:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 16 2009, 07:55 PM) *
Can you play them in half speed? These are good for developing speed and improving alternate picking. You can set your metronome to a slower tempo and increase 5 bpm every day. I'm sure you can get them all with some practicing.

Thanks Monte smile.gif Would you like to have a go in the collab? You are definitely on this level.

I'll play with the progression Emir and see if I can come up with anything. Don't put me down though because I don't want to have to back out......we all know about my AP chops. laugh.gif tongue.gif AP and Yngwie are synonymous IMO. Your take was AWESOME BTW.....I hope I get some AP chops like that someday.....I am working hard at it right now and making some good....although slow.....progress. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Mar 16 2009, 08:40 PM
Instructor
wow man, just see this right now! awesome work, very useful for all members! well done Emir...

PS. I´ve downloaded a few of them too tongue.gif

CYA!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Mar 16 2009, 08:41 PM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 16 2009, 08:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 16 2009, 07:32 PM) *
I'll play with the progression Emir and see if I can come up with anything. Don't put me down though because I don't want to have to back out......we all know about my AP chops. laugh.gif tongue.gif AP and Yngwie are synonymous IMO. Your take was AWESOME BTW.....I hope I get some AP chops like that someday.....I am working hard at it right now and making some good....although slow.....progress. smile.gif

Yngwie doesn't alternate pick everything but it sounds like he does smile.gif You can do tapping as well if you like. No need to worry if you don't find time for it but you know you are always welcome in my collabs.

QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Mar 16 2009, 07:40 PM) *
wow man, just see this right now! awesome work, very useful for all members! well done Emir...

PS. I´ve downloaded a few of them too tongue.gif

CYA!

Thanks Lian smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:11 PM