2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Confess Your Pop Favorites
coffeeman
Dec 5 2013, 04:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Yes, we'll are badasses and headbangers, but do not lie (or don't make feel alone on this) we all have a couple of pop or romantic songs that we like, so don't be shy confess your romantic side. Here is one that I really like.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 5 2013, 04:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Nope It's just you!

seriously though I could give you a list starting with Madonna - Into the groove

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 5 2013, 04:32 PM
GMC:er
Well not really pop pop, more jazzy, but i feel like sharing! She's amazing imo biggrin.gif

2:25 dat solo biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Dec 5 2013, 04:35 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 5 2013, 04:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 5 2013, 10:24 AM) *
Nope It's just you!

seriously though I could give you a list starting with Madonna - Into the groove

Madonna is a classic!

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Dec 5 2013, 10:32 AM) *
Well not really pop pop, more jazzy, but i feel like sharing! She's amazing imo biggrin.gif

2:25 dat solo biggrin.gif

That was some beautiful music and interpretation.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 5 2013, 04:43 PM
I love 'pop' music so ...
But if I had to pick the most pop of the pop I like, it might be this.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Dec 5 2013, 04:43 PM

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 5 2013, 06:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (klasaine @ Dec 5 2013, 10:43 AM) *
I love 'pop' music so ...
But if I had to pick the most pop of the pop I like, it might be this.

Awesome funky tune!

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 5 2013, 08:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 5 2013, 03:19 PM) *
Yes, we'll are badasses and headbangers, but do not lie (or don't make feel alone on this) we all have a couple of pop or romantic songs that we like, so don't be shy confess your romantic side. Here is one that I really like.

This is just between us ..... right? huh.gif

There may have been a point in my childhood when I really wanted to marry Toyah rolleyes.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 6 2013, 04:05 AM
Instructor
I would need too much space to confess my pop favorites... Some people scares when I say that I can see live Cannibal Corpse and Crystal Castles and enjoy both.

For example I really enjoy these type of female singer + rappers collabs: unsure.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Dec 6 2013, 08:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
Because I love to listen all styles of music, I don't have just a single favorite from pop music. But when it's about romantic songs I always like very much to listen Vaya con Dios especially this song:

Coffeeman I like the song you choose: Camila- Aléjate De Mi smile.gif First time when I heard about this song was in this version:

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 6 2013, 09:28 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 5 2013, 07:58 PM) *
This is just between us ..... right? huh.gif

There may have been a point in my childhood when I really wanted to marry Toyah rolleyes.gif

It's ok Bleez, I think mentioning Toyah is ok, seeing as she is married to guitar legend Robert Fripp.

My biggest guity pleasure

Some of my guilty pleasure music is the biggest and most popular music genre in my wife's state and those around it in Brazil. It is seriously everywhere. The Tv shops have the live dvd's playing non stop. it's the piped music in shopping malls, loads of posters advertising up coming concerts etc

Sertanejo

The funny thing is my wife hates it

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Dec 6 2013, 09:51 AM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 6 2013, 09:29 AM
Instructor
Not so sure if I can mention all (no priority order) but I like to listen to: Sting, Madonna (old records), Eros Ramazzotti, Prince, Jackson of course. But...like mentioned - I usually like the 90's pop best.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 6 2013, 10:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 5 2013, 03:24 PM) *
seriously though I could give you a list starting with Madonna

Me too tongue.gif

Also, not sure if it would be classed as 'pop' but there's lots of great commercial stuff from Bowie.

There's an outrageously camp, pop band from Sweden called The Ark, they've got some brilliant music.

Then there's the mighty ABBA. The Iron Maiden of pop music. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Dec 6 2013, 10:15 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 6 2013, 01:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 6 2013, 06:14 AM) *
Me too tongue.gif

Also, not sure if it would be classed as 'pop' but there's lots of great commercial stuff from Bowie.

There's an outrageously camp, pop band from Sweden called The Ark, they've got some brilliant music.

Nice band mate. The singer's voice reminds me to Bowie's early years.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 6 2013, 02:13 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I like a lot of pop songs and love to play them on my acoustic guitar, just to annoy my friends biggrin.gif

My guilty pleasure is german pop superstar Helene Fischer. Usually, her genre is called "Schlager" in Germany, which is music for Grannies. But she single-handedly brought the genre to the top of the charts by mixing it with contemporary pop music.

It might be a shock for you, but: I basically love her cause she is freaking beautiful. Yep. Now it's out.

She sells out the biggest arenas in Germany nowadays. The video is from the O2 World Arena in Berlin, in front of 17.000 people.

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Dec 6 2013, 02:13 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Dec 6 2013, 02:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 6 2013, 01:54 PM) *
Nice band mate. The singer's voice reminds me to Bowie's early years.

I never really liked them. But the singer seems like a nice enough dude.

Let me add that he played the lead character in a Swedish production of Jesus Christ Superstar for several years. He was also the one translating the entire lyrics into Swedish.

As for the main topic: ABBA!

+Quote Post
Spock
Dec 6 2013, 05:06 PM

I always loved this song - lyrics are stupid but the melody is killer.

Also this one...

But I Know Everyone's Hidden Favorite is ...

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 6 2013, 05:20 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 6 2013, 10:14 AM) *

Don't u play with strong and irresponsible words, young man huh.gif I'm not sure that fat hairy legged swedish aunts do listen to Iron maiden tongue.gif

From the pop, i can only listen to the king of pop itself - M Jackson and Queen too.

I do not dare to listen to synthetic pop that comes from Uk and such islands rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Dec 6 2013, 05:33 PM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 6 2013, 05:53 PM
QUOTE (Spock @ Dec 6 2013, 04:06 PM) *
I always loved this song - lyrics are stupid but the melody is killer.

I love The Gathering especially the Anneke's era. biggrin.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ladyshredder
Dec 9 2013, 07:10 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 5 2013, 04:19 PM) *

Oh Camila! I used to listen to these guys all the time when my heart was broken a few years ago.

I have to admit that I have an entire playlist on my iPod dedicated to Lana Del Rey. I really like her songs. And sometimes if I get really drunk, I might sing-a-long to Nicki Minaj.... rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Ladyshredder: Dec 9 2013, 07:11 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 9 2013, 07:47 PM
Does this count? It's ATROCITY doing shamefully cheesey yet somehow spiff 80's covers. They had an album called 80's Werk which was metalish covers of pop tunes smile.gif

here is ATROCITY doing TEARS FOR FEARS "Shout"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:52 AM