Building A Usa Strat On A Budget Pt.3, More pics
Mudbone
Oct 21 2010, 10:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So I guess there were too many pics for one posting, here are the rest. Enjoy smile.gif

Edit: All the pics didn't fit in one posting, so here are the links to all four posts:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

- New and old bridges, side by side.

- Check out the significant mass difference between the new and old tremolo blocks.

- A guitar and its gloss finish shall soon be parted.

- If you don't want to remove the neck, tape off the parts you don't want buffed by the steel wool. Also, if you have a sharp eye, I'm sure you'll notice the exceptionally terrible brew known as Budweiser. This is a budget project, and requires budget beer to keep your nerves in check, because this project can get exceptionally aggravating.

- Then trim the tape with a blade.

- I didn't really buff it at the work bench, because it makes a HUGE mess, I just wanted to add a visual illustration. Seems kinda cheesy now. If you're gonna do this, I suggest getting a big ass magnet and putting it in the steel wool, so that little steel flakes don't fly everywhere. If I only remembered this tip beforehand. Keep in mind, the steel wool dust rusts, so wherever its lands will soon turn rust colored.

- No more gloss, not quite satin, but close enough.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mudbone: Oct 21 2010, 11:22 PM

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 25 2010, 11:04 PM
Instructor
Great article, awesome! biggrin.gif

I like that tremolo block, looks heavy. It should provide more sustain and a bit better tone hopefully! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Oct 25 2010, 11:48 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 25 2010, 06:04 PM) *
Great article, awesome! biggrin.gif

I like that tremolo block, looks heavy. It should provide more sustain and a bit better tone hopefully! smile.gif

Thanks Ivan smile.gif That tremolo block is pretty heavy, the guitar actually became noticeably heavier. The sustain increased and also became "fuller" so to speak. The low E string now resonates much better than it did before.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:15 PM