> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Ayang's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2015, 10:20 PM
Instructor
Hi AyanG! Welcome to your personal thread for Gab's Army, my mentoring program. Here I'll help you with your guitar practice and routines to take your guitar playing to a new level.

Before we start, please share with me some extra info:

1. How long have you been playing guitar?
2. What level do you think you're? based on GMC lessons level.
3. What do you know about theory?
4. Favorite styles and musicians.
5. How many time a day can you dedicate to guitar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 20 2015, 05:50 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 19 2015, 09:20 PM) *
Hi AyanG! Welcome to your personal thread for Gab's Army, my mentoring program. Here I'll help you with your guitar practice and routines to take your guitar playing to a new level.

Before we start, please share with me some extra info:

1. How long have you been playing guitar?
2. What level do you think you're? based on GMC lessons level.
3. What do you know about theory?
4. Favorite styles and musicians.
5. How many time a day can you dedicate to guitar?

Ok, my answers goes like this:

1.I have been playing guitar for 5 months

2.Compared to GMC lessons level,I am somewhere between level 2,3

3.Theory-I know note names,how major minor scales are formed......a vague idea about chords and relative chords(major minors only),arpeggios,pentatonics and little bit modes.So,I just want to have a strong grasp on the things on which I have a vague idea on and also a thing that I want to learn is memorising the fretboard and ear training.

4.Fav musicians-My first motivation was John Petrucci,then there was Al Di Meola, Eric Johnson,Buckethead,blues guitarists like BB King,Eric Clapton,David Gilmour,rocker Slash,guys like Guthrie Govan(huge inspiration),Thomas Youngblood,Alexi Laiho,Jeff Loomis,Synyster Gates,Chris Broderick,Alex Skolnick,Mark Tremonti,Nuno Bettencourt,Marty Friedman,Rhandy Rhodes,Tomy Iommi.But one guy who has been my biggest motivation is Joe Satriani .I just savour every aspect of his playing and I wish I could grasp 10 percent of his dynamics.

Genres-Heavy metal,Blues,Symphonic Metal,Rock.

4.On weekdays,I can dedicate 1 to 1.5 hours of playing.And more on weekends.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2015, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for the information, it's clear and helpful to start working here. Joe Satriani has been a big influence on me as a musicians. I could see him live when I was around 13 years old and he blown my mind. In those days I was only able to play rhythm songs and some simple pentatonic solos, but he opened a new dimension for me... smile.gif

During this first week, my suggestion is to work on this two lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/

Work on this two lessons in paralel. Divide your time in two blocks and share a video of your progress here in 1 week. Ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 20 2015, 04:53 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 20 2015, 01:50 PM) *
Hi mate, thanks for the information, it's clear and helpful to start working here. Joe Satriani has been a big influence on me as a musicians. I could see him live when I was around 13 years old and he blown my mind. In those days I was only able to play rhythm songs and some simple pentatonic solos, but he opened a new dimension for me... smile.gif

During this first week, my suggestion is to work on this two lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/

Work on this two lessons in paralel. Divide your time in two blocks and share a video of your progress here in 1 week. Ok?

Hi Gab,
Thanks for the lessons.One thing i would like to know is how to divide time in two blocks?and is it necessary to buy any pedals,because Emir and Ben are sounding terribly awsome.And I have only a guitar and an amp,a DI box to record.Thanks.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2015, 03:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AyanG @ Jul 20 2015, 12:53 PM) *
Hi Gab,
Thanks for the lessons.One thing i would like to know is how to divide time in two blocks?and is it necessary to buy any pedals,because Emir and Ben are sounding terribly awsome.And I have only a guitar and an amp,a DI box to record.Thanks.

Hi mate, about the blocks. Let's say that you have 1 hour and a half for practice. The idea is that you organize your time like this:

10 minutes - Warming up (https://youtu.be/1XsLRQFV7rY)

30 minutes - Picking lesson

5 minutes - Rest

30 minutes - Neoclassical lesson

If you have more time, you can repeat the routine.

About your tone. If you have a multitrack like Reaper, you could use Poulin plug ins which are free and sound fantatic.

If not, let me ask, what amp do you have?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 21 2015, 04:04 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 21 2015, 02:01 PM) *
Hi mate, about the blocks. Let's say that you have 1 hour and a half for practice. The idea is that you organize your time like this:

5 minutes - Rest

About your tone. If you have a multitrack like Reaper, you could use Poulin plug ins which are free and sound fantatic.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 21 2015, 02:01 PM) *

5 minutes - Rest

Hi Gab,thanks a lot for the explanation.Yea I have Reaper x64......and the amp that I have is a Zar e-guitar amp.....thats I guess is not much good.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2015, 06:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AyanG @ Jul 21 2015, 12:04 PM) *
Hi Gab,thanks a lot for the explanation.Yea I have Reaper x64......and the amp that I have is a Zar e-guitar amp.....thats I guess is not much good.

Check this thread:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=52512

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 21 2015, 07:30 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 21 2015, 05:37 PM) *

Hi thanks for sharing......one other thing that I would like to know is whats your prefference on picks and their sizes for rhythm and lead playing.....

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2015, 07:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AyanG @ Jul 21 2015, 03:30 PM) *
Hi thanks for sharing......one other thing that I would like to know is whats your prefference on picks and their sizes for rhythm and lead playing.....

My favorite is dunlop 1.5 mm. It's great for fast picking and metal playing. This is a very personal choice but I prefer avoid thin picks since these are too flexible and make consistent playing more difficult.

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 21 2015, 08:05 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 21 2015, 06:43 PM) *
My favorite is dunlop 1.5 mm. It's great for fast picking and metal playing. This is a very personal choice but I prefer avoid thin picks since these are too flexible and make consistent playing more difficult.

Attached Image

I was planning to but the Joe Sat Chrome Dome picks.....can you provide any review about that?

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 22 2015, 11:03 AM
Hi,Just wanted to check with you on one thing on Emir Hot's neoclassical lesson is that since I dont have much grasp on theories so,shall I play it as an exercise only.....or do I have to learn the whys and hows and whats being played?

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2015, 03:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AyanG @ Jul 22 2015, 07:03 AM) *
Hi,Just wanted to check with you on one thing on Emir Hot's neoclassical lesson is that since I dont have much grasp on theories so,shall I play it as an exercise only.....or do I have to learn the whys and hows and whats being played?

It's always good to pay attention to the theory behind the lessons. Based on the list of things that you said you already know, you should be able to understand the concepts behind the lessons.

Basically you should pay attention to:

- The tonality
- The chord progression
- The scale used for the solo

In parallel with this works, you could read some articles from here every week: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47852

and ask me every time you need help with a concept.

We will cover improvisation and composition in this program but reading that will set the the roots.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 22 2015, 03:18 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 22 2015, 02:01 PM) *
It's always good to pay attention to the theory behind the lessons. Based on the list of things that you said you already know, you should be able to understand the concepts behind the lessons.

Basically you should pay attention to:

- The tonality
- The chord progression
- The scale used for the solo

In parallel with this works, you could read some articles from here every week: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47852

and ask me every time you need help with a concept.

We will cover improvisation and composition in this program but reading that will set the the roots.

I dont know about the diminished chords,and how a chord progression goes in a scale......can you help me understanding that?and also what is meant by tonality.....

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2015, 03:35 PM
Instructor
When harmonizing a scale you get the chords that belong to the tonality of that scale. So the first thing you need to know from a backing or song is the key:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=3160

About diminished, this lesson will help: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Dimini...Responsibility/

and this article: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=49227

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 22 2015, 03:37 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 22 2015, 02:35 PM) *
When harmonizing a scale you get the chords that belong to the tonality of that scale. So the first thing you need to know from a backing or song is the key:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=3160

About diminished, this lesson will help: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Dimini...Responsibility/

and this article: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=49227

Thanks a lot.....will come back to you,if any queries come up

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 22 2015, 04:21 PM
Hi,what is the best way to learn scales in music.....I know how major and minor scale is formed(the whole step,half step concept).....is it better to understand it through modes?If yes kindly provide me some tutorials on the same....

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2015, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Ayan!

The major scale is the root of all the modes, so if you know the theory behind it and how to play it on guitar, you're ready to start exploring modes. Once you know the Major Scale, is easy to get the relative minor. Besides this two, you should learn Pentatonic scales.

With those 4 scales (major, minor, major pentatonic, minor pentatonic) you should start practicing and improvising, There is a lot to do with them. Once you are comfortable with the shapes and the sound of each notes over different chord progressions, you can start adding:

Triads
Arpeggios
and slowly with modes. Mixolydian, Dorian, Lydian, etc.

You could even do a lot just with Pentatonics....

Let me share two important links. The first one is a link to my improvisation course.

Improvisation course: LINK

The second is an interesting video about modes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 23 2015, 03:16 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 23 2015, 01:37 PM) *
Hi Ayan!

The major scale is the root of all the modes, so if you know the theory behind it and how to play it on guitar, you're ready to start exploring modes. Once you know the Major Scale, is easy to get the relative minor. Besides this two, you should learn Pentatonic scales.

With those 4 scales (major, minor, major pentatonic, minor pentatonic) you should start practicing and improvising, There is a lot to do with them. Once you are comfortable with the shapes and the sound of each notes over different chord progressions, you can start adding:

Triads
Arpeggios
and slowly with modes. Mixolydian, Dorian, Lydian, etc.

You could even do a lot just with Pentatonics....

Let me share two important links. The first one is a link to my improvisation course.

Improvisation course: LINK

The second is an interesting video about modes.

Thanks a lot master!!!

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2015, 03:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AyanG @ Jul 23 2015, 11:16 AM) *
Thanks a lot master!!!

wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 23 2015, 03:38 PM
I think I need to learn my basics before doing the neoclassical exercise so that I can grasp the concept behind it.......

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:42 PM